Worst Job at Walt Disney World?

Movielover

LOL I've held most of these jobs at Disney.

Parking: it works when people listen, but because people want to park whenever they want, you lose control over the line and then people then start doing whatever they want. I know, no one wants to go "all the way to the end" (myself included), but it's the way to park thousands of cars SAFELY and efficiently. When trams were running, it was always fun being on those, gets you a break from the lot

Guest Relations: I've been flicked off, called incompetent, called an Ahole, all for doing my job. Somedays I'd have such an awful day I'd have to wait til my break, tell my manager that I have to leave, and do it. Then go home and question my life choices. Other days I have wonderful perfect guests who are just happy to be with their families and I'd love the day.

EDIT: Luckily there's a program Disney wrote for us to write notes about any guests we want, and anyone can with an ipad can pull up that information about you. That time you ripped a front desk Cast Memeber a new one 7 years ago? Oh yeah, that note is there. Probably is along the lines of "proceed with caution"
To you and all GR Cast Members, Team Members, Poor Unfortunate Soul's forced to work that position, etc. I salute you.

Guest relations. Complaints and arguments all day long? The few positive interactions must be welcome respites. I remember the look of almost shock when I asked for a guest comment card so I could applaud a CM.
I know that look. On every trip I always give compliments at GS for CM's that I interacted with each day. I know how much getting those messages can mean to a CM. Sometimes when I approach the GR CM I can see them slightly tense up in preparation for what I might scream at them, then the wave of relief after I tell them I just want to compliment CM's.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
1613218677566.png

donaldtoo

I’ve never worked at WDW, but, I did work at our local mall Disney Store (now closed) for 4+ years during the last recession (Aug. ‘09-Oct. ‘13, 1+ year as a Lead Manager). Lots of fun there, both on stage and backstage...!!!!! :hilarious:
On stage with the public created some very memorable moments, both Magical and not-so-Magical.
Magical was making many special needs children’s days over the course of my tenure there. But, dealing with the public can also be a challenge. One incident still stands out to me.
I politely asked for a Guests ID while making a CC purchase. It was company policy. In a foreign accent, she got very upset with me (even though I had asked others in queue before her for same and she saw that I had). She presented her ID, but, griped me out the whole time, and was still griping at me while walking out of the Store. About 15 mins. later, she came back into the Store and got in my queue again (we had 3 registers). I’m thinkin’ “What the hell now...?!!!!!” But, she waited patiently, and when she got up to me she very profusely, out loud, apologized for the way she acted towards me. I was both stunned and damn happy, and so we’re my co-workers...they said that had never happened to them before...!!!!! :happy:
She took the time, and waited patiently, to come back and do that...just cool...!!!
For the record, I had never worked retail before in my life. I’m back with my old architectural firm now since ‘13.
Also, for the record, I have ALWAYS treated people who were attending to me with the utmost respect, even before I was in retail, all my life. Why be mean...?! We all have rough days, and who knows what folks are dealin’ with...?! 🤷‍♂️
Bottom line, I told her “Thank you, and that speaks a lot about your character that you came back and said this to me in front of everyone. Have a great day...!!!!!”. She smiled and waved as she walked out, and I did as well. And, I attended to her many more times after that, and she was so nice.
It’s just funny how things go sometimes.
It’s never too late to make amends, and I’ll never forget her heartfelt apology as long as I live...!!! :)

dewardevi

Operating a large machine that removes chewing gum from the sidewalks, or is intended to. Still no replacement for the ordinary putty knife. This job very long and you’ll understand why WDW doesn’t sell gum in the parks.

Lilofan

Operating a large machine that removes chewing gum from the sidewalks, or is intended to. Still no replacement for the ordinary putty knife. This job very long and you’ll understand why WDW doesn’t sell gum in the parks.
What is really nasty is when some people put their used gum and stick it underneath the chairs in the restaurants.

JoeCamel

No gum loosener/dissolver or spray freeze? Just bang away until it gives?

ryguy

I wasn't a huge fan of market research (surveys). Lasted two weeks. Just didn't like asking people tons of questions about how much they were spending, etc. I found myself talking to the same people over and over again. Granny waiting at the end of space mountain. The people you wanted that info from usually told me to buzz off. Which I understood. Moved to selling tickets and Candlelight packages at EPCOT and I really liked that. People for the most part were nice. You would get the occasional this price is absurd. I understood where they were coming from. The most awkward was when someone would make a comment about Eisner being Jewish. This happened more than you would think.

Randyland

Parking: it works when people listen, but because people want to park whenever they want, you lose control over the line and then people then start doing whatever they want. I know, no one wants to go "all the way to the end" (myself included), but it's the way to park thousands of cars SAFELY and efficiently. When trams were running, it was always fun being on those, gets you a break from the lot

Guest Relations: I've been flicked off, called incompetent, called an Ahole, all for doing my job. Somedays I'd have such an awful day I'd have to wait til my break, tell my manager that I have to leave, and do it. Then go home and question my life choices. Other days I have wonderful perfect guests who are just happy to be with their families and I'd love the day.

EDIT: Luckily there's a program Disney wrote for us to write notes about any guests we want, and anyone can with an ipad can pull up that information about you. That time you ripped a front desk Cast Memeber a new one 7 years ago? Oh yeah, that note is there. Probably is along the lines of "proceed with caution"

Where can I look up those comments!!!

Randyland

Muck Patrol.

Sounds pretty bad, and it was made mandatory if your name appeared on the list...

I drew the line on that one, and let it be known that I was leaving if my name so appeared...

I was NOT so selected, but I heard the stories...

mm52200

Any cast member who has to deal with guests who voluntarily come during a pandemic and don’t want to follow the rules they agreed to when making their park reservation...or are displaced to another role due to the pandemic...or have watched most of their friends or co-workers be laid off over the last six months. It’s a rough time for all cast members currently.

StarWarsGirl

I really want to know what my father has in there... (that explains why I get everything done for me and he...doesn't).

spock8113

Keeping their wastewater treatment plant working (Reedy Creek) but they do store Disney's plane, from the Backlot Tour there.
Consult your GooglyEarth 28 22 39.42N 81 35 15.46W (Copy and paste in the upper left search box)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom