Worst Idea Ever

ImagineerFan04

Original Poster
The worst idea ever i think is they built 4 theme parks in 5 years. they should of only built Animal Kingdom and Tokyo Disney Sea( because oriental land co. paid for it). They could have used the money from the Studio in paris to make it more how it was origanly planed like the two seperate rides in dino land u.s.a then make it a indy type ride. And they should have made a second theme park for DL in California in 2005 for the 50th b-day since it seams like DL isn't really getting any thing and they would have more mony to make the park better.

It was just bugging me.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Originally posted by ImagineerFan04
should of

should HAVE!!! grrr.. that irks me.

should've, should have

but I do agree on the points you made

Merlin

Account Suspended
Originally posted by ImagineerFan04
The worst idea ever i think is they built 4 theme parks in 5 years. they should of only built Animal Kingdom and Tokyo Disney Sea( because oriental land co. paid for it). They could have used the money from the Studio in paris to make it more how it was origanly planed like the two seperate rides in dino land u.s.a then make it a indy type ride. And they should have made a second theme park for DL in California in 2005 for the 50th b-day since it seams like DL isn't really getting any thing and they would have more mony to make the park better.

It was just bugging me.

I wonder if building Tokyo Disney Sea and Animal Kingdom tapped extra Imagineering resources that could have instead worked on DCA, thus resulting in a more innovative and spectacular second park at DL. I think your post makes sense. Of course I would have hated to have waited that long for a second park in CA, but considering the result, maybe it would have been worth the wait if it could have been a better park.

mkt

Premium Member
It also depends on who's footing the bill... ie, if Oriental Land Co wants to pay for the extra resources from WDI, they will. I think AK was a fluke though... lol... a current era Disney park that wasn't built for a cheap sum

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
Urrrrrr! Animal Kingdom was the worst idea to ever come into life on the face of the planet we live on called Earth. There's only 9 REAL attractions, and the whole place can be done in half of a day, considering you skip all the trails and stuff. Expedition: Everest isn't going to help at all, a wider variety of attractions really needs to be made, as in bring Beastly Kingdom in and add more stuff! I prefer California Adventure to it!

mkt

Premium Member
Originally posted by NemoRocks78
Urrrrrr! Animal Kingdom was the worst idea to ever come into life on the face of the planet we live on called Earth.

no no.. that's the Paris Studios..

WeirdOne

mkt, this has been bugging me...

"je suis le joli"

I believe the correct grammatical structure is "je suis joli" because what you are saying is, "I am the pretty" and what I wrote means "I am pretty", so, maybe consider changing it for all those French speakers ;).

Plus, I completely disagree, I "<3" ANIMAL KINGDOM! I think it is an amazingly great idea! I love it and can't wait for it to expand more and become even better. Then again, I'm not so surprised at your comments. - The WeirdOne :D

WeirdOne

I sincerely retract my post. Being a native speaker, I completely didn't think the phrase out and you are grammatically correct.

The French Grammer Police drops all charges. Move along, nothing to see here. - The WeirdOne :D

mkt

Premium Member
Originally posted by WeirdOne
I sincerely retract my post. Being a native speaker, I completely didn't think the phrase out and you are grammatically correct.

The French Grammer Police drops all charges. Move along, nothing to see here. - The WeirdOne :D

merci..

however, the English Grammar Police issues a subpoena...

:lol:

PhotoDave219

Originally posted by NemoRocks78
Urrrrrr! Animal Kingdom was the worst idea to ever come into life on the face of the planet we live on called Earth. There's only 9 REAL attractions, and the whole place can be done in half of a day, considering you skip all the trails and stuff. Expedition: Everest isn't going to help at all, a wider variety of attractions really needs to be made, as in bring Beastly Kingdom in and add more stuff! I prefer California Adventure to it!

I like the animals. I think its a great idea to try and educate people about living with our environment and animals in an entertainment setting. When i go there, i dont expect my thrills to come from a ride; rather i expect them from comming face to face with a female asian tiger or silver backed gorilla. I'm not expect it to be a thrill park or much of an amusement park; rather i go to the ANIMAL kingdom to see ANIMALS. Expecting somethign different seems rather, er.. unusual.

While yes, i'd love to see the beastly kingdom show up someday, the attendance just doesnt support it. I think that Disney will have to adjust prices, such as FOOD, so that the average family can attend and not go into debt to do so.

ImagineerFan04

Original Poster
Originally posted by WeirdOne
Plus, I completely disagree, I "<3" ANIMAL KINGDOM! I think it is an amazingly great idea! I love it and can't wait for it to expand more and become even better. Then again, I'm not so surprised at your comments. - The WeirdOne :D
You Said it

Bagheera

My take:

Aside from AK, which is indeed Nahtazu, each of the other three parks served a distinct purpose. They turned each of the other Disney parks in the world into full-fledged multi-park resorts. This was the big drive to try to get people to stay at the hotels.

DLR: Disneyland Park, DCA, three hotels, Downtown Disney

DLP: Disneyland Park, Disney Studios, seven hotels, Disney Village, Golf Disneyland

TDR: Tokyo Disneyland Park, Tokyo DisneySea Park, three hotels, Ikspiari

The big difference is that Oriental Land was willing to put up the bucks to do it right in the first place, while the Walt Disney Company itself was more interested in getting up quickly and cheaply than doing it right.

The difference is now being highlighted by the fact that Tokyo DisneySea is consistently packed, while DCA and Studios Paris have enough room to fire a cannon without hitting anyone.

My 2 cents.

Foolish Mortal

Worst idea in my opinion was the rap/hip hop parade down Main Street. I dont associate Disney with that kind of music. Watched many people get up and leave halfway thru it. Including myself.

Runner up bad idea was letting McDonalds build a location on one of the main roadways (I forget which one) on property. One of my favorite thing's about the World is to get away from all that stuff.

Katherine

Originally posted by Foolish Mortal
Runner up bad idea was letting McDonalds build a location on one of the main roadways (I forget which one) on property. One of my favorite thing's about the World is to get away from all that stuff.
I agree on this I don't like having all the McDonalds all over property. They're inside the parks, around property, and I think it takes the fantasy out of it sticking something that is so closely related to the real world. I completely agree on this one.

Mirage

Those were all pretty bad idea, But I have one that tops them all

Selling those fake lightsabers to kids at disney world!!!!!!!!!

I ALWAYS get hit with them

Goofyfanatic

Somebody is missing the point on Ak....It's not a park to jump on all the e ticket rides and leave....it was design as a place to search and explore all the little nooks and crannies...and to relax and enjoy...rather then the hustle and bustle you find at a lot of theme parks...I think it will just get better...especailly after everest is built....which will find a whole new audience for Ak...ultimately brining in more money...to help exspand it to an even better park..I look forward to the future of AK.

mrtoad

Re: Re: Worst Idea Ever

Originally posted by mkt
should HAVE!!! grrr.. that irks me.

should've, should have

but I do agree on the points you made

When someone corrects someone's grammar like this grrr... that irks me.

I think it is rude. :mad:

Originally posted by Foolish Mortal
Worst idea in my opinion was the rap/hip hop parade down Main Street. I dont associate Disney with that kind of music. Watched many people get up and leave halfway thru it. Including myself.

WHAT?!?!?! I HOPE YOUR NOT SPEAKING OF MICKEY MANIA PARADE FROM THE 20TH ANNV, IT WAS AWSOME, ESSPICALLY THE ROGER RABBIT FLOAT THAT TROUGH OUT 20TH COINS TO THE CROWD, THAT WAS TO COOL..

MAYBE IM BE A LITTLE PARTIAL, BUT I LOVE DAK, I THINK IT COULD USE SOME WORK, BUT I LOVE THAT FACT THAT WDI WAS ABLE TO MAKE A 105 ACRE SAFARI, NOT MANY CAN PULL IT OFF AND HAVE A LLT THE ANIMAL RIGHTS PEOPLE BE ON YOUR SIDE. eVEREST WILL BE A HUGE PUSH, ME THINKS...:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom