Worst Idea Ever

cymbaldiva

Originally posted by Katherine
I agree on this I don't like having all the McDonalds all over property. They're inside the parks, around property, and I think it takes the fantasy out of it sticking something that is so closely related to the real world. I completely agree on this one.

I agree whole-heartedly! :sohappy:

Just a bit off-thread - Thebrerrabbit, will you please turn off the all caps? I can hardly read your post!

FigmentJedi

I think theirs so many cheap resturants,motels,and resturants near the main gate that Mickey is keeping them off property with a huge pointy stick and a shotgun:D

KevinPage

NemoRocks,

You don't like Animal Kingdom? Oh that makes sense, your a RED SOX fan (can you say 2nd fiddle?). We know you make bad choices in life :)

LOL

Kevin
NY Yankees fan and AK lover

Foolish Mortal

Originally posted by Thebrerrabbit
WHAT?!?!?! I HOPE YOUR NOT SPEAKING OF MICKEY MANIA PARADE FROM THE 20TH ANNV, IT WAS AWSOME, ESSPICALLY THE ROGER RABBIT FLOAT THAT TROUGH OUT 20TH COINS TO THE CROWD, THAT WAS TO COOL..

Well, even if that is the parade i'm thinking of what's the big deal ? I did'nt care for it neither did alot of other people. Rap music isnt my thing and it ruined the parade for me. So I left. Like I said, MY OPINION, no need to take it personally. Plenty of people don't care for thing's that I enjoy at the World, and that's fine, i'm not going to question their opinion.

strobe

Originally posted by Foolish Mortal
Worst idea in my opinion was the rap/hip hop parade down Main Street. I dont associate Disney with that kind of music. Watched many people get up and leave halfway thru it. Including myself.

Runner up bad idea was letting McDonalds build a location on one of the main roadways (I forget which one) on property. One of my favorite thing's about the World is to get away from all that stuff.

But hey - that's the new thing! Every 'extreme' product has to be urbanized and have a rap/hip-hop association now. The marketing people seem to think that's what defines cool.

It's the same reason you see a lot of companies shortening their names to make them more thug compatiable. McDonalds->Micky D's, Sunny Delight->SunnyD, Champps Americana->Champps.

I personally think it's the stupidest marketing trend in decades. Let's hope it doesn't last long.

mkepcotmgmak

Originally posted by strobe
But hey - that's the new thing! Every 'extreme' product has to be urbanized and have a rap/hip-hop association now. The marketing people seem to think that's what defines cool.

It's the same reason you see a lot of companies shortening their names to make them more thug compatiable. McDonalds->Micky D's, Sunny Delight->SunnyD, Champps Americana->Champps.

I personally think it's the stupidest marketing trend in decades. Let's hope it doesn't last long.

YEAH - RIGHT ON! like - THE WALT DISNEY WORLD RESORT to
Disney World - LOL... j/k:lol: or the Disney/MGM Studios to...
The Studios or, E.P.C.O.T. Center to just Epcot. lol - j/k...:lol:

Maria

The worst idea... let´s see... for me was making Tapestry of Nations that long and twice a day!. People never understood that ToN was supposed to be 'interactive' and they were not supposed to sit and wait for it to start, but to walk along with it, which never happened, causing a huge traffic jam in the promenade.

There...got it out of my system.... :D

-Maria
Crowd control on some nights for ToN.. :rolleyes:

Joalovar

Well I think that some Disney parks are like a good wine, time makes them better.

Even that DAK it's not my favorite park in WDW, definitely has something that make it unique.

That's my two cents... :)

Punkss

Whoever said about Animal Kingdom being a bad idea, is in my opinion wrong. I for one and my girlfriend are looking forward to seeing the animals (which i would not otherwise see apart from in a tiny horrible and sometimes cruel zoo) and the safari and cruise. Different from the other parks yes, but if they were all the same it would be boring and everyone would be saying build something different.

And why should they not build more parks out East, i mean Paris is great and HK and Tokyo will be too, they just need time to grow. Don't be selfish and let some others have a feel of the magic too!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom