Worst hotel room view in all of Disney World?

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
@Tom P.

Defending Disney even when they aren't being attacked. Just people kicking around stories of bad views, and you turn it into a big deal. Chill man, no one is gonna hurt your friend TWDC.

Tom P.

Nah, you are stirring up trouble because of some perceived slight against TWDC. The first two pages are fun and light hearted, then you came in and turned it all upside down because you think posters were, GASP, criticizing TWDC.
You consistently appear in threads to call out anyone you think is defending Disney and to point out how wrong they are. You rarely, if ever, add anything of substance to the conversations, preferring instead to lob these grenades and move on. I've mentioned this to you before, and have even reported some of your posts to the moderators which I felt crossed the line.

I am done engaging with you. If you feel it necessary to continue to comment on my posts, please feel free. I will be placing you on Ignore and not reading nor responding to any of your future posts. Life is too short.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
One would think when they design these buildings they would take into account what the room views would be and design the building accordingly with no bad views

They definitely do this in every beach front hotel I've ever stayed in. Every room is ocean view. My guess though is that they are maximizing the guest space. And most guests likely don't complain, especially in value hotels because they're just using their rooms to shower and sleep.

unmitigated disaster

They definitely do this in every beach front hotel I've ever stayed in. Every room is ocean view. My guess though is that they are maximizing the guest space. And most guests likely don't complain, especially in value hotels because they're just using their rooms to shower and sleep.
it's hard to build big hotels where everyone has a view. What about parking lots, delivery docks, the front drive?

Club Cooloholic

So you think someone who is looking at rows of parked cars, as well as constant incoming and outgoing traffic, is getting a better experience than someone who is looking at a rooftop?

I'm sorry, but the very definition of a "standard view" room is that it overlooks a rooftop or a parking area. That is the category. You are not getting less of an experience. You are getting exactly what you selected and paid for.
Agreed. Also, how often have people ended up in rooms with better views than standard, and not had to pay extra? You never know how it will turn out. My guess is, if there is room, they will move you to a different room if you ask, 8 out of 10 times.

stratman50th

Funny, but view wise there's something for everyone. We've stayed at the Poly, Old Key West, Contemporary (wing- that view wasn't so great) Tree House Villas (probably the best view), the Fort, and Port Orleans French Quarter. French quarter was where we stayed the most. We enjoyed all the resorts because each had something going for it in it's own way, but we always seemed to gravitate back to the French Quarter. We've had rooms that looked out on the canal, the pool, and big courtyard but we always requested building 4, ground floor, garden view (I guess that's a standard view?). It faced the parking lot. Obviously the view didn't bother us since we always requested it. For us, convenience was the most important. Close to food court. Closest to bus stop via the rear. Just around the corner from the pool, and very quick and easy access to unload and load the car. I guess my point is aside from the initial wow factor when you first check in, to us, the view meant the least of the whole for accommodations.

JohnD

At least those views are to the outside. I stayed at a hotel in Boston next to a T station near Fenway Park (The Buckminister). I wasn't expecting a great view, maybe of the Interstate or a roof. But I really wasn't expecting a view to the INSIDE exhaust shaft that leads to the roof. I asked for a view, any view, of the outside.

Last edited:

GrumpySue

This was my standard view at Yacht Club, so I understand why people are a little disappointed to end up with a roof view when this is the sort of beautiful view that other people paying for a standard room get. You realise a bad view is a possibility but cant help but hope for better.
View attachment 450387
That is a water view room, you may have booked and paid for a standard view but you got upgraded, consider yourself lucky.

casuter

That is a water view room, you may have booked and paid for a standard view but you got upgraded, consider yourself lucky.
All I remember was going 8 years ago, receiving a handicap room, my wonderful mother complaining that it was unfair to take a handicap room from a handicapped person, and then getting a really nice water view room at the yacht club.

Simba’s Mom

Funny, but view wise there's something for everyone.

Boy, did I learn that! Years ago, just before my BCV trip, someone on a board raved about how wonderful the room view was from their villa. They mentioned how large the balcony was and that they got to watch Illuminations every nite. Well, on my next trip I was lucky enough (I thought) to get the same villa. But they'd failed to mention that the room faced the road, so I had to listen to the road noise while watching Illuminations. After that I requested a pool view-no view of Illuminations but at least I don't deal with the road. Actually my favorite is the woods view. Why? I'm a birder and on one trip staying there, I had a hawk who was sitting in a tree waiting to see and be seen every morning. I loved it. But I've seen a couple people complaining about views of the woods, and "only see trees". Their "Worst" was my "best".

Simba’s Mom

I dont understand a faceless, judgemental poster on the internet. Perhaps it was a long travel day, the occupants were tired and the didn't want to stand in line for another 30 minutes for the chance to maybe get a different room.

And as DH always says, "Sometimes the devil you know is better than the devil you don't know". In other words, the occupants may THINK this is the worst room view, but they may be afraid of finding out the new room has an even worse view!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom