Worst hotel room view in all of Disney World?

CAV

Original Poster
Can you just hop over the railing and use the roof as your own personal balcony or topless sunbathing deck?
Better yet, why not use it to stage some impromptu performances of "Step In Time" for your own amusement?

70e4d28c511694f775ce0ba44ed41c62.gif
Topless sunbathing deck?????? You first.

durangojim

We stayed at WL in a standard and were above where all the deliveries and garbage were. It literally stunk. We’re only there for 2 nights so we just dealt with it

surfsupdon

Yes, Yacht and Beach have some atrocious Standard Views. Always try to book Garden for $5-10 more.

Worst view I had was at AKL, it was a room that did not allow sunlight into it because the over hang of the roof went down to the floor level. Next time walking the path to the bus stop, look up and left to see these horrible views. I did get a room change. I need sunlight!!!

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
Hmmmmm....
TV works? Yup
Lights turn on? Yup
Toilet flushes? Yup
Tub drains? Yup
Rooms clean? Yup
Beds comfortable and sheets are clean? Yup
I'm at Disney? Yup
I got no concerns about bad window views.
I get your point. That's the way I feel when staying at a Value resort. But honestly, I don't think I'd be very happy if we paid $400+ a night, to get a balcony view like the OP and others have. Having a balcony, is one of the Deluxe resort's amenities. Many, like me, enjoy their morning coffee or relaxing at their balconies at the end of the day.

NYwdwfan

I mean it’s a bad view but it does say it right on the website reservation page. The best/worst view room we ever got was a view of the roof of Narcoossees at GF. You could see the tippy top of the castle over the roof and had FULL view of the fireworks. The kids were little so we watched the fireworks from the balcony every night. It was awesome.

6109F780-1758-44E6-99CE-B48242FD90BE.png
04304447-7530-4DDD-AF3D-7C678B75988C.png

MickeyCB

We had a "courtyard" I believe it's called, view several years ago at Wl. It had a balcony that butted right up to the roof of the perpendicular wing. Didn't even unpack. Got moved the next morning.

JIMINYCR

I get your point. That's the way I feel when staying at a Value resort. But honestly, I don't think I'd be very happy if we paid $400+ a night, to get a balcony view like the OP and others have. Having a balcony, is one of the Deluxe resort's amenities. Many, like me, enjoy their morning coffee or relaxing at their balconies at the end of the day.
Yes paying a higher price for a room you want/ expect ideal conditions looking out your window...especially ones with balconies... but the way buildings are built to plans sometimes construction just makes it that there are going to be some rooms that will face areas that arent ideal. Ive had rooms facing parking lots which arent very pretty either. Guess its better than having no windows in those rooms at all, which would then block out the worst views. Theres always the option of asking for a room change instead of just accepting what you get.

Tom P.

Yes paying a higher price for a room you want/ expect ideal conditions looking out your window...especially ones with balconies... but the way buildings are built to plans sometimes construction just makes it that there are going to be some rooms that will face areas that arent ideal. Ive had rooms facing parking lots which arent very pretty either. Guess its better than having no windows in those rooms at all, which would then block out the worst views. Theres always the option of asking for a room change instead of just accepting what you get.
True. Except in this case, as has been shown in screenshots, the Standard View category of rooms specifically says in its description that your view will be of a rooftop or parking area. There have to be some rooms with views like that for logistical reasons, and Disney specifically identifies them when you are booking. I'm not saying it's ideal and I probably wouldn't care for it either if I was spending that much money. But it's also not like Disney is failing to deliver on something they have promised.

RobWDW1971

True. Except in this case, as has been shown in screenshots, the Standard View category of rooms specifically says in its description that your view will be of a rooftop or parking area. There have to be some rooms with views like that for logistical reasons, and Disney specifically identifies them when you are booking. I'm not saying it's ideal and I probably wouldn't care for it either if I was spending that much money. But it's also not like Disney is failing to deliver on something they have promised.
And I respect that the warning is the first line as it could have easily been buried in the fine print.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom