worst CM Costum

Irrawaddy Erik

actually the fantasyland costume is the most comfortable thing in the world.....its almost like wearing a pair of pajama pants and the shirt is so light its unbelievable.....

now when we get new toontown shirts they are almost like cardboard and so uncomfortable

RobFL

Account Suspended
Tomarrowland is actually kind of cute in a retro-way. Very Star Wars-ish. Lots of people I work with comment on them saying they like them.

I think my costume "Top" is one of the worst offenders. Energy for those who don't know this by now ;)

Think of it... One half is khaki, the other half is alternating "rays" of an orange spectrum with blue inbetween, one striped and the other orange sleeve, a reverse breasted front (very much Star Trek ambassador style) and a collar that is made to form fit to your neck and is never allowed to be unbuttoned.

-Rob

RobFL

Account Suspended
Did i mention we're also one of the few costumes that wears their name tags on the "wrong" side. We get all confused when we have to wear something else and try to remember where the nametag goes.

-Rob

RobFL

Account Suspended
Da evil costume!

-Rob

Attachments

• cost1.jpg
    cost1.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 137

TravisMT81

Maria I bet you looked cute in your dress. I like the World Showcase costumes.

Just add a few colors to Energy outfit and it will be full of pride ;)

I will answer for my future sister n law. Star Tours outfit Yucky!!! She hates it, I love to make fun of her.

castlecake

Original Poster
mission:SPACE Cast-Member Costume....

Rob,

I like the costume for UoE, very bright! Is it comfortable?

Do you have any idea what the costume for m:S will look like? I hope it doesnt look to Tomorrowlandish....

Another question for you Rob! There is this cast member at UoE, and before the doors open to go into the moving theatre, he rubs his hands together and says oen sesame and it looks like he opend the doors with " magic" even though they open automaticaly. Do you know this mans name? He is an older man and i think he wears glasses.

Oh, and another worst CM costume, those green sorta usher looking ones at the entrance to MGM. I just dont like the colour!

RobFL

Account Suspended
The only men who wear glasses are named Bill at NRG, so its one of the Bill's ;)

The enrgy costume is refered to by CM's as "double-ply." The half of the shirt which has the "rays" is double-thick already due to the way its sewn, but then on top of that, the flaps fold over one another in the front and button up and the collar is skin tight. It does not breath at all. It is considered the worst costume to have to wear outside in the summer, but the best for winter. All of the CM's wear undershirts because otherwise, you'll "leak" and look really gross and soggy. Its essentially a personal steam bath.

PS: Sometime for fun, I do "clap on" for the doors, and "clap off" sometimes to turn off the pre-show lights at the start.

-Rob

TURKEY

Originally posted by DisneyCP2000
I would have to say the flag shirt/white pants combo in future world. I do like the shirt but the white pants are very revealing. I've had friends who had to wear them and they'd have to get larger shirts to cover thier underwear. The pants were just tooooo thin and revealing!

It was funny to see all the rescue rangers in those costumes work in restaurants. After cleaning it looked like some had messed themselves. :lol:

TURKEY

Originally posted by hmppan
actually the fantasyland costume is the most comfortable thing in the world.....its almost like wearing a pair of pajama pants and the shirt is so light its unbelievable.....

now when we get new toontown shirts they are almost like cardboard and so uncomfortable

I loved my Epcot cook's pants. Most people don't know what they look like, but they were very comfortable too. They had EPCOT spelled out with different kitchen utinsels and foods. I can't remember what everything was right now. It's been too long since I wore them.

katilsu

Main St. merchandise is not very appealing, brown and blue plaid...but the skirt is a little more comfy than blue jeans that never fit in toontown

castlecake

Original Poster
Is it true that Main ST costumes are the only ones that are allowed in other parts of the park?, or is that the rail road costumes? Also what is the punishment for wearing a costume in the wrong land? I heard somewhere that in Paris there is a law that says that you cant inforce a dress code so Disney cant require CMs to have the Disney Look!!!, or wear the proper costume for the attraction.:drevil:

Yellow Shoes

Is it true that Main ST costumes are the only ones that are allowed in other parts of the park?,

I think that is true--at least I have heard it before. This is partially because Main ST. CMs can be called out of their "regular" jobs to help out with crowd control for parades.

What you are never supposed to see is a Tomorrowland CM in Frontierland, for example.

katilsu

I never heard that Main St. people could go elsewhere in the park. I think for the parades, rules are bent slightly. I wore my toontown costume in the VIP seating for spectro- the area right before the little bridge to liberty square, and there wasn't a problem. (Not that toontown costume is really "themed." Blue jeans and mickey mouse handkerchief print shirt almost blends in.)

RobFL

Account Suspended
At Epcot, Future World and World Showcase aren't allowed to mingle. Custodials go everywhere, as do basic "polo" shirts (almost everyone has one - "just in case"). Future World dwellers are allowed to run around between the pavillions but we're not allowed inside the buildings without the right costume.

-Rob

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
Rob- EEKK! I didn't realize your costumes were so... ummm... "colorful".

What was your reaction when you saw that was what you HAD to wear??

For all you CM's, I really, really feel for you!:kiss:

LRV3400

The Hollywood Tower Hotel costumes also have the nametag on the "wrong" side due to the HTH logo on your left brest. It is on the right side of the long coats though.

RobVanDam

not saying they are horrible looking as the topic of " Worst cm outfit" the worst has to be the buzz costume .. seriously its plastic .. how about bein outsid ein 105º in plastic ... thats gotta suck.

=-RVD-=

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom