Worst case senario...

Figaro928

Original Poster
Since there is quite a bit of gloom and doom on this site about the current state of the park I figured let's kick it up a notch. Now, this is all hypothetical, but if Disney continues to neglect and not maintain it's parks properly while increasing prices, would that be the end of a 4 gate world? Hit a plateau and see attendance and profits drop? Do you think Disney would ever go so far as to need to close an unsuccessful park? Perhaps close a hotel because lack of attendance and driving costs? I'm not saying tomorrow, but maybe 20 years down this time line does Disney World have the possibility of not being Disney World anymore? More likely, could it become the one day off site visit that Uni resort guests go to on their 7 day Uni vacation?

Disneydreamer23

Honestly, No I do feel like if there was a hotel or park not doing well they will close it to refurb or fix what they need to . As for me I LOVE every thing Disney BUT I also LOVE every thing Universal but for me I could never go to Florida and stay at Universal longer than Disney. I go every year for 2 weeks and Disney ALWAYS gets 10 of those days and Its 3/4 for Universal. Some people I know do Enjoy US and HATES Disney, So people like them they travel only to go to US , So I guess it Depends on the person but I feel people Will always call Disney Home.

tl77

I don't think they'd ever close one of the parks... but completely alter one with low budget and cloned attractions until it's no longer recognizable... like? oh I don't know... Epcot?

Cmdr_Crimson

It will look like this....
Life_After_Disney__Main_Street_by_eledoremassis02.jpg

forgotepcotcopy-2.jpg

Figaro928

Original Poster
I do think it's at least interesting to think that one day Disney could be down-sized. You can't be successful forever, especially among strong competition. While the new generations are being introduced because of the older generation's nostalgia, maybe in a generation or two the nostalgia push will be gone.

CheekBoys

I think if they ever start to go way downhill in attendance they would kick it up a notch and really work hard to get everything working again and building new things. The problem right now is they aren't losing any money so they don't have to do anything more than what they are doing right now.

Bairstow

Perhaps close a hotel because lack of attendance and driving costs?
Didn't Disney World temporary shut down one of their resorts during the hardest part of the recession?
If I remember correctly they lied and said it was a refurbishment but no work was actually done and concrete planters blocked it off.
I want to say it was part of Port Orleans but I can't remember.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom