Worried about your trip over the next 8 weeks?

Kristamouse

I posted a couple of weeks ago about how we are nervous about our trip in May (27-31 POST Memorial Day). Going with the In-Law who are not WDW fans due to a horrible trip in the 80's. Do not want them to have a horrible time and not looking forward to hugh crowds myslef. Anyway with all of the these reports about obscene crowd levels is anyone else a smige worried that the crowds will still be crazy and perhaps stay that way through summer? :shrug:
I am!

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Current crowd levels are because of Spring Break... It'll be crowded in May, but shouldn't be as crowded.

Use FastPass and EMH to advantage and you should be able to enjoy your trip with minimal issues.

Upvote 0
I am. We are going in May also and praying for reasonable crowd levels. Our last trip 2 years ago was not so magical due to large crowds and I'm afraid if it isn't better this year I will have a difficult time convincing my dh to ever go again. I am trying to plan things better and use a lot of tips I've learned from everyone on this forum. Thanks everyone!

Upvote 0

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
I have to say..

I am still a bit perplexed by the predicted crowed levels for the first week of May.
We've been going this time of year for the last 3 years, and although it hasn't been empty it's been very, very managble.

To see it at a 9 out of 10 is amazing.
That being said, I was upset to hear this at first, but
we're a "Rope Drop, super planning, EMH (morning), Park Hoppin' Family.
So I'm going to take this as personal challenge :mad: to still see and
do all the things we love doing.

And if I do happen to get "slowed down" a bit, I'll remember that I'm in WDW and even with HUGE crowds it's better than being at work! :D

Again I am still curious as to what is bringing on this 9 out of 10 rating!??
Does anyone have a difinitive answer?

Upvote 0

sweetpee_1993

My brother wasn't able to bring his girls with us to WDW in January (his ex is a nightmare). He has a trip scheduled for May 24-31 for the girls and they've asked me to go with them. I wouldn't miss my nieces' 1st trip for anything. We've been watching the crowd calendar and, yes, the crowd levels have been a frequent topic of discussion for us. I'm used to going to the world during slower times. Like ShookieJones, I'm sorta looking at this as a challenge. We're going to try following a touring plan, visit parks early or late with mid-day time spent napping by the pool, using fastpasses as much as possible, and not allow the crowds to get to us. This being the girls' 1st ever trip they won't know any different. They've dreamed of this for so long I don't think it's possible for them to be disappointed. Just being there is everything to them. How can I drag them down with my stressing over a crowd? It'll be fun no matter what. :D

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I look at it this way. If you obsess over things you can't control your brain will melt and it still will not improve your situation. There is no way to control the weather or the crowd level. Instead ow worrying about things you can do nothing about plan ways to deal with whatever hand you get dealt. Plan to get up early, use fast pass, have some sort of contingency plan if things go wonky.

Upvote 0

WDW_Emily

The crowds this year are so unpredicatible. Last year we went for spring break and it was not crowded at all. we had at 15 minute wait for TOT around 2pm last year. if i has to guess though, i would say the crowds will be big because of a long weekend. but not as bas as they are now. if you are staying after memorial day, i would go to Magic Kingdom and Epcot last

Upvote 0

jenlar

Have some sort of a plan for the day , but don't obsess. Be flexible and enjoy your trip. Just decide beforehand which parks you want to try to do on what days, and which rides are favorites. Planning is fun!

On our last trip there were tons of people standing around reading maps, giving the illusion that the place was packed. In reality most MK lines were 15 minutes at most because nobody was actually *doing* anything but figuring out what to do next and constantly going from one side of the park to the other.

Upvote 0

sweetpee_1993

I look at it this way. If you obsess over things you can't control your brain will melt and it still will not improve your situation. There is no way to control the weather or the crowd level. Instead ow worrying about things you can do nothing about plan ways to deal with whatever hand you get dealt. Plan to get up early, use fast pass, have some sort of contingency plan if things go wonky.

Ooooh...MasterYoda...I'm likin' that word you used there! It's one of those I haven't heard in a while but catches my attention. Gotta find a use for that one in the next 12 hours. :p

I agree with everything you said and that's pretty much what I told my brother. We can't do anything about the crowds and he doesn't have the luxury of flexibility with dates for his daughters. So we'll go and it'll be fine. We have a ton info and tools at our fingertips to be able to have a fantastic time. Plus, I have noooo problem leaving a crowded park to resort-hop or lounge by the Volcano pool with a nice Lapu Lapu or two...or three...:slurp: I'll be the crazed redhead laying out there with her face buried in the pineapple trying to scrape every last bit of yummy pineapple goo from the inside. Mmmmmm....:wave:

Upvote 0

scorp111

I was just at the MK on Saturday, and I was mentally prepared for a real "tough" day.

I will say what the Unofficial Guides people have been preaching forever, having a good plan is much better than trying to pick a less crowded day!
And getting there early, when most vacationers won't helps exponentially as well, especially if you need to do Fantasy Land.

We were there at 7:50 or so for a public opening at 8:00 (EMH was 7am on Saturday), by 11 am, we had already ridden: Dumbo, Carroussel, Peter Pan, Snow White, Winnie the Pooh, Tea Cups (twice), waited 40 minutes to see the Fairies in Toon town, and used fastpasses obtained by me after Carroussel for Big Thunder Mountain and Splash Mountain. Later in the day we added, Pirates, Space Mountain, Tomorrowland Speedway, the Treehouse, along with Spectromagic and Wishes. We also took about a 3 hour break in the afternoon outside of the park!

All in all, it looked fairly much like our typical MK day, and we are generally used to going in May and September, definitely not April!

Upvote 0

Kristamouse

Original Poster
Thanks you all...
We do not have park hoppers b/c we are only going to be in the MK and EPCOT one day each. But this our 7th trip, 5th with kids so we will def start in FL and grab fast passes while the Inlaws ride SW, again, with our daughter. We already have our ADR's and are planning an early lunch to help with the crowds.
You all are right stressing about our trip won't help... but I stress about everything.
On a side note I spoke with my IL's about potential crowd levels and they were cool and said they were happy to be there with us. That helped my stress some.

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Thanks you all...
We do not have park hoppers b/c we are only going to be in the MK and EPCOT one day each. But this our 7th trip, 5th with kids so we will def start in FL and grab fast passes while the Inlaws ride SW, again, with our daughter. We already have our ADR's and are planning an early lunch to help with the crowds.
You all are right stressing about our trip won't help... but I stress about everything.
On a side note I spoke with my IL's about potential crowd levels and they were cool and said they were happy to be there with us. That helped my stress some.
I will give you my favorite quote that help keep me from stressing about things.

Don’t worry about the future; or worry, but know that worrying is as effective as trying to solve an algebra equation by chewing
bubblegum. The real troubles in your life are apt to be things that
never crossed your worried mind; the kind that blindside you at 4pm
on some idle Tuesday.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom