Worried about BWV...

minnielaw

I just booked seven nights at BWV through dvcrequest. I have read some recent reviews of BWV that are critical of the room decor and condition. Has anyone been to BWV recently and if so, could you give me an honest assessment of the room conditions?

We absolutely LOVE EPCOT and we are so excited to be staying within walking distance! Never thought I would stay in a deluxe resort, much less a DVC resort, but the points rental was so affordable!! So excited!! :sohappy: Renting DVC points was an awesome value and even with 6 day park hopper tickets for four and the DDP, the trip was cheaper than staying at a moderate resort.

Anyway, just looking for some reassurance that I have not made a mistake in booking BWV.

Thanks!!

C.FERNIE

we have DVC and always stay at the boardwalk. Its a fantastic location and very convienent for all the parks except animal kingdom (unless you stay at the lodge no hotel is that close lol). We must have been about 100 times now to the boardwalk and it has nearly always been fantastic. Theres only one occassion where something has gone wrong and that was because we booked 5 rooms and requested all with a balconies and close to each other. Everyones room except mine had a balcony but i went to reception and asked to be moved.... and surprise surprise all rooms were upgraded, moved to the the hotel side and had balconys and next to each other they even moved all our luggage for us! made the trip very magical hehe they are always very happy to help you at the boardwalk! :wave:

Upvote 0

worldfanatic

Unfounded worries for sure.

I've always felt the Boardwalk (and the Boardwalk villas specifically) to be the "Garden Spot" of Walt Disney World.

If someone wants the best of the best within WDW, for me, it's the Boardwalk Villas.

Upvote 0

BoardwalkGlenn

Oops, skipped my response to your post. I enjoyed reading your trip report and your beautiful photos of the resort! Looks like you had an awesome vacation and I cannot wait to experience BWV.

Do you think the studio will be too small for two adults and two children (ages 11 and 13)? My 11 year old is pretty small, 58 pounds! :lol:

I think the room will be perfect for you and your family! There's a large closet, drawer space, and plenty of cabinet space under the bathroom sink and kitchen area.

Thanks for reading my report. If I find more pictures of the resort that I haven't posted, I will so you can see them!!

Enjoy the Boardwalk!!

Upvote 0

mickeysshoes

Oops, skipped your post too! How many people stayed in your room?

It will be myself, my husband and our two boys (11 and 13) in our room. We usually don't spend much time in the room except to sleep. My husband and sons love to go to the arcade at night (10-12 pm), hit up the food court for milkshakes (which we won't have at BWV) and explore the resort.

They can hit up the Bakery for a sweet treat after!!!

Upvote 0

minnielaw

Original Poster
Thanks for all the reassurance! My boys really wanted to stay at AKL and I was unable to secure reservations there through the points rental company. I guess I was just afraid they would be disappointed...although how anyone could be disappointed at WDW I don't know!

We had never even considered the BW before this trip and I am so glad to hear such rave reviews from those who have vacationed there. I am so excited and we "only" have 306 days to go!!

Upvote 0

chimo2u

Hi Minnielaw :wave: just had to shout out and say we'll be there the same time as you....I am so excited to be trying this resort! even the clown pool looks like a lot of fun to me! I am travelling with my 2 boys age 15 and 19, and my best girlfriend....staying Deluxe Room BWI (so we get to try Club level!!)...Sept 29 - Oct 05, 2012!!! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

harryk

Just got back on Thursday, 15 December 2011, weather was not so good several of the days, MVMCP had a bit of rain, which stopped just prior to the parade. All was great at BWV. Found 11 of the 15 hidden Mickey's on the gingerbread fireplace. Staff was exceptional, including housekeeping at the Villas.

Upvote 0

Ariel484

Oops, skipped your post too! How many people stayed in your room?

It will be myself, my husband and our two boys (11 and 13) in our room. We usually don't spend much time in the room except to sleep. My husband and sons love to go to the arcade at night (10-12 pm), hit up the food court for milkshakes (which we won't have at BWV) and explore the resort.

Sorry, didn't see this! It was just myself and my husband...there was a queen bed, a sofa bed and a day bed in the room. You're right that there's no food court, but there is an ice cream shop (Seashore Sweets) right outside on the Boardwalk and other shops to explore as well. You'll love the location...you really can't beat being able to walk to 2 parks.

If you start at this post in my June trip report, I included pictures of our room:

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=764290&page=5 (skip to post #65 for pictures of the room).

Upvote 0

boilerpicc

We have stayed there multiple times with my whole family (3 adult couples), and it has always been fantastic. I don't know if this is possible with a studio room, but we have always been able to stay in a ground floor room right next to the pool. It is really nice to stumble out your patio door rather than having to walk down the hall.

Upvote 0

crbrown25

Sorry, didn't see this! It was just myself and my husband...there was a queen bed, a sofa bed and a day bed in the room. You're right that there's no food court, but there is an ice cream shop (Seashore Sweets) right outside on the Boardwalk and other shops to explore as well. You'll love the location...you really can't beat being able to walk to 2 parks.

If you start at this post in my June trip report, I included pictures of our room:

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=764290&page=5 (skip to post #65 for pictures of the room).

Wow...nice view. I'll be staying at BWV in March. Which view is that room considered? Lake view i assume? Did you request that view? Did you have a view of the MK fireworks from your balcony? Did I reach my question limit yet?:hammer:

Upvote 0

gracie1

I just booked seven nights at BWV through dvcrequest. I have read some recent reviews of BWV that are critical of the room decor and condition. Has anyone been to BWV recently and if so, could you give me an honest assessment of the room conditions?

We absolutely LOVE EPCOT and we are so excited to be staying within walking distance! Never thought I would stay in a deluxe resort, much less a DVC resort, but the points rental was so affordable!! So excited!! :sohappy: Renting DVC points was an awesome value and even with 6 day park hopper tickets for four and the DDP, the trip was cheaper than staying at a moderate resort.

Anyway, just looking for some reassurance that I have not made a mistake in booking BWV.

Thanks!!

Do you mind me asking how much cheaper it was? I'm trying to decide between looking into renting DVC points or just staying at a mod for our family of 5. How does the renting work?? Did you use a certain website??

Upvote 0

Ariel484

Wow...nice view. I'll be staying at BWV in March. Which view is that room considered? Lake view i assume? Did you request that view? Did you have a view of the MK fireworks from your balcony? Did I reach my question limit yet?:hammer:

When we booked the room on the site, there were 2 view choices: Standard View and Preferred/Boardwalk View. We've stayed in 2 Standard View rooms at the Inn (both times we had views of the entrance to the Inn/the parking lot in the front). The price difference wasn't huge, so we thought, "Why not?" and requested the Preferred/Boardwalk View. I was expecting a view of the quiet pool, but we lucked out and got the Boardwalk View instead. I was shocked because I've heard people request those rooms months in advance. My guess is that we probably got it because I noted we were on the trip to celebrate our anniversary :)

When we were out on the balcony we could see Illuminations going on over the top of the ESPN Club...I think that's what you mean, not the MK fireworks?

Do you mind me asking how much cheaper it was? I'm trying to decide between looking into renting DVC points or just staying at a mod for our family of 5. How does the renting work?? Did you use a certain website??

I can't remember the exact amount we paid, but I remember that it was right around $200/night for our trip in June 2011. For us, the location can't be beat, so we thought it was a great deal! :D

Edited to add: Sorry, missed your other questions. I think the renting can work in a lot of ways. I've heard of people using message boards to contact members directly, and some even do it through eBay I guess. We went through DVCRequest.com...they are a third party that bridges the gap between the DVC members renting the points out and those of us that rent from them. We've rented from them 3 times, and while one of the times was a bust (if you're curious about that you can read my June 2011 TR, which I linked earlier in this thread), they made it right in the end. They are very professional and easy to work with...and it's nice for someone like me that is too lazy to contact a member, find references, etc. :D

Upvote 0

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Boardwalk is my absolute favorite resort on the property for a number of reasons. I've never had an issue with the rooms there, nor have I ever experienced bad service. The location can't be beat, and the energy on the Boardwalk is palpable- there's always something going on. It's a fun resort.

The only thing to be aware of is that if you're staying in a villa, it's entirely possible you might have quite a walk to your room from the main lobby. Just thought I'd warn you, in case you arrive late at night, ready to crash, only to find out your room is practically at the Dolphin.

I give you this warning only because this exact thing happened to me about three years ago. It was raining that night too, and I must have looked a site- rolling my luggage around in the dark, while it rained, trying to read a soaking wet map to find my villa. Fun times! :ROFLOL:

Upvote 0

harryk

Stayed at BWV second week of Dec 2011, very clean, well maintained,
decorations in room were like new. No problems at all. Great experience.

Upvote 0

dizzney

Love the Boardwalk, its our vary favorite resort, and we have stayed in all but Value. Bought into it thru DVC sight unseen in 1999 and never regretted that purchase.

We have brought family with us too (had 14 down there in several villas in August 2011) and everyone raves about it, both the rooms, the facilities, the pool (my kids favorite) and the location.

You will love it, we cant wait until we return for 8 nights next month.

As for the studio, it will easily sleep the four of you. We're staying in one in February because our oldest is not coming with us (he's away at college) and with our twins it will be fine.

We will even eat breakfast there most days (will miss that kitchen in the one bedroom just a little) as well as occasional lunches and snacks.

If you have any particular questions, send me a message and I will respond.

You will enjoy it!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom