World Showcase

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I didn't know there was a thread police. Sorry. I thought anyone could post in any thread if they wanted to. That's my fault. What's the penalty for posting in a dormant thread? Will I be reprimanded by Mickey himself or just someone that works for him? I don't know the rules, clearly. Teach me the ways of the forum. I want to become an expert thread officer such as yourself. Is there an academy I can attend? Forum police academy? Please tell me I get a badge.
You asked why some responded the way they did and didn't like the response? Shocking. And yes, bumping dormant threads to be special is against the TOS, considering how many times in the past 15 years this topic has been discussed....

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I didn't know there was a thread police. Sorry. I thought anyone could post in any thread if they wanted to. That's my fault. What's the penalty for posting in a dormant thread? Will I be reprimanded by Mickey himself or just someone that works for him? I don't know the rules, clearly. Teach me the ways of the forum. I want to become an expert thread officer such as yourself. Is there an academy I can attend? Forum police academy? Please tell me I get a badge.
No, but there are house rules:

6. Do not bump threads unless you have something else to add to the discussion. Additionally, replying to discussions which have been inactive for several months or longer should be avoided unless you have something of value to add.

Following them will introduce you to a fantastic community.

BrianV

No, but there are house rules:

6. Do not bump threads unless you have something else to add to the discussion. Additionally, replying to discussions which have been inactive for several months or longer should be avoided unless you have something of value to add.

Following them will introduce you to a fantastic community.

Respectfully, would disneyfordaze have been better to start a new thread on this topic? I ask because if he/she had, they would have been told, in no uncertain terms "Why didn't you use the search feature, this has been asked already?"

trampdog

You asked why some responded the way they did and didn't like the response? Shocking. And yes, bumping dormant threads to be special is against the TOS, considering how many times in the past 15 years this topic has been discussed....

Don't be so hard on her. It's no big freaking deal. People are so full of themselves here. Everyone is an expert (in their own minds).. Move on.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Don't be so hard on her. It's no big freaking deal. People are so full of themselves here. Everyone is an expert (in their own minds).. Move on.
Considering I hadn't responded since yesterday, i already had. But thanks for noticing all the same....

Nemo14

Since you asked so nicely...
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/help/terms

mf1972

I actually thought this was a new post until I saw 2001. wow!
to stay on topic, I'll go with England. like the look & feel of the area. very lively at times (that would be the pub).
I do miss the world showcase players. that's the only thing missing for me.

The Empress Lilly

It was Norway for a long time. Still might be. However, I really enjoyed Mexico last time I went. Discovering the tequila bar tucked in the corner was amazing. Very cool.

I think I love all of World Showcase though. It is, for me, my favorite part of WDW believe it or not. Anyone else second that?

As for a country to add----Australia
Welcome! And yes, WS is pretty much near the top of my list too. Sooo pretty! I need to walk it soon with my Jersey girl.

Australia would make for a terrific addition!

KINGLOUIS1993

My favourite is Mexico, love the attention to detail and the ride. The food and cocktails are also top notch.

I would like to add India or Australia, India for the food mainly and Australia for the pure diversity.

Goofyernmost

In connection with the rules... there needs to be some constancy and there just isn't any. If you start a thread on a topic that is already been available you get lectured that there is a search function that would tell you that another thread exists on that topic along with a link to it. Then, of course, in an effort to confuse the subject even further it you go to an old thread you get crucified for going back in time and resurrecting a zombie thread. Someone needs to either block unacceptably old threads or not insist that people not repeat one. In other words make up your minds. Don't start a new one OR don't find an old one and post on it. Remember that new people do not have the pleasure of automatically seeing old threads, to them the are all available. If we have been on here awhile we only go to the posts that we haven't read yet, every single one of the thousands are threads that the new person has never read is part of their choice. If you don't believe me go to this website without logging in and see how many "not yet read" options you are given.

Last edited:

orlando678-

I personally love Italy and Morocco. The detaills,shows, buildings, shops and the food is amazing. Id love to see countries like Greece, Russia and India

Goofyernmost

I don't have a preference, but, I strongly feel, and have stated before, that it is a very sensitive political situation for a corporation like Disney to "pick" a country to go in there. Previously, just about all the pavilions had participatory involvement with the financing and planning of it. For Disney to all of a sudden decide to put focus on their "favorite" country and build it, would amount to putting down any other country that didn't make the grade. In today's volatile world, it is easy enough to anger other nations without leaving them out of something. Now if a nation decided that they would like to help with the building and planning of a promotional pavilion financially for their respective country, then that would be totally without any problems, however, don't hold your breath waiting for that to happen. Not all solutions are just simple and without consequences.

EDIT: Sorry about this post... I was responding to the "What new Country's would you like to see in WS." Somehow it got here and I'm to lazy to change it, so just ignore. Thanks.

Last edited:

Schneewittchen

It's a toss up between Mexico and Morocco.

I love Mexico for the Gran Fiesta Tour, the super cool plaza and the San Angel Inn. Morocco for the beautiful craftsmanship in the decor and Restaurant Marrakesh.

I think Zimbabwe or Peru would make great countries to add. But India, Egypt or Greece would have easy to recognize visual designs.

Disney Shib

Germany is my favorite. Good beer. Good food. A Christmas tree made entirely of glass pickles... I mean come on.

If I could choose an addition I think I would go with Australia... I can already feel a new Disney film with a star Kanagroo and Wallabee's lol?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom