World Showcase updates. what should they do?

eliza61nyc

Original Poster
DISCLAIMER; this is all hypothetical. I am extending an interesting conversation from another thread. lol, I know nothing.

There was a suggestion that World show case also could use some TLC. World show case is one of my favorite areas and my only wish I guess would be to update the films, some of them are a bit long in the tooth but I understand that new visitors find it boring.
Someone said having rides in world showcase is essential, which I'm not sure that would be so great.
And even I, the queen of liking new rides, is a bit concerned about what is replacing illuminations.

So what kind of update could the WS use to make it more exciting?

Last edited:

Cmdr_Crimson

There was a suggestion that World show case also could use some TLC. World show case is one of my favorite areas and my only wish I guess would be to update the films, some of them are a bit long in the tooth but I understand that new visitors find it boring.

O'Canada & Reflections of China are getting new films...However while they will be using the standard Circle-Vision screens for the updated Canada Film. China's will be a new Seamless Circlevision film..

QuasiNoFroyo

I'd personally like to see a Tangled boat ride added to the Germany pavilion. Also, I want either Ryan Reynolds, Ryan Gosling, or Rachel McAdams as the very next host of O Canada.

CalebS

The updates that are coming?

A dark ride in the Japan show building?

Remove the kiosk clutter

Trim the landscaping

Realise everything isn’t for everyone?
Has there been any serious talks of adding more rides to the world showcase besides Rat and the Mary flat?

BlakeW39

hehehe I think something I said might've triggered this thread.

I think all pavillions should have some sort of attraction as someone else has said, no not all pavillions need rides but it would be nice to have a little more diversity, say, something other than just a dark ride.

New countries would be the best ootion and new attractions are obviously always welcome, but honestly they have more on their hands with Future World right now.

HouCuseChickie

I've said it before...I would like to see the American pavilion updated with a TS meal option and attraction that reflects the many cuisines, cultures, and scenic (man-made and natural) attractions/features in the US. It could even have a boat ride going through it to make it a meal/attraction combo. I just always thought it would be neat to have tables sitting at or near things like scaled down replicas of the Brooklyn Bridge, Grand Canyon, Mount Rushmore, etc. while the menu served us a variety of regional foods...thinking of places like New Orleans, New Mexico, New England, etc. It think it would be fun to be eating Maryland crab cakes and Key West conch chowder while looking out on Yosemite's El Capitan.

DuckTalesWooHoo1987

Give breathalyzer tests after 6pm would be a good start. LOL! Also we should build a wall around the American pavilion and make the Mexican pavilion pay for it. I'm in too much of a jokey mood for this thread so I will show myself out. LOL! Honestly I really don't know what I'd like to see there. I guess I'd sorta like to see an Ancient Wonders of the World Showcase where they could show like old Roman times buildings and things like that and a Hercules theme would fit within that.

wdwfan4ver

I'd be more concern with Future World section right now. Imagination Pavilion has been problem area since the original Imagination ride closed down in 1998. While Guardians of the Galaxy Coaster is opening in 2021, the ride quality in Future World has went down through the years.

As far as World showcase goes, the only thing might be more rides for existing counting countries if possible.

As far as new pavilions go, I'd very hesitant to add a lot of pavilions due to drink around the world outside of maybe 1 more pavilion. The truth is Drink around the world is well known despite the cost of the drinks.

I think there is something like 5 or 6 World showcase expansion plots open. Guests wanting to drink 16 or 17 alcoholic drinks around World showcase in one day would be a concern if Disney uses all the expansion plots in World Showcase for new pavilions. The fact is Disney does not cut people off from drinking alcohol at a theme park to me knowledge and would be asking for trouble with a guest drink 16 to 17 alcoholic drinks in one day at a theme park if Disney uses up a lot of expansion plots at World Showcase.

One would think having 16 or 17 pavilions would be enough to discourage guests from do drink so much in one day, but it would not considering some of the colleges out their known for their partying plus people may look at that as a dare.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom