World Showcase Restaurants!

real mad hatter

Original Poster
First off...Im not a fan of buffets at Disney...EXCEPT for breakfast....that being said...I'd go back to Biergarten..the atmosphere is fun...beer flows..food is OK mind you..not great...but I certainly didnt feel cheated...you sit at long tables so you'll be with other folks..I wouldnt call it a must do every trip..but wouldnt hesitate to go if I had to
Now this sounds like my kind of buffet.Fun atmosphere,flowing beer and then flinging the food across the tabes.Put me down for that.;)

Sweet Melissa

I'm kind of surprised at the lack of love for the Japan pavilion restaurants. I live in an area with a very low cost of living, but sushi at Tokyo Dining is still cheaper than it is in my (very rural, very landlocked) state.

PhilharMagician

Without a doubt it is Biergarten. Lunch is $23 and dinner is $35. The only differance is that dinner includes:
  • Braised Beef Roulades
  • Sauerbraten (Marinated Pot Roast)
  • Potato Dumplings with Bread Crumb Butter
  • Herring Salad Schleswig Holsteiner Style
For the differance in price I almost always go for lunch even though I love the Roulades and Sauerbraten, but I cannot see spending the extra $36 for the three of us for dinner. Then you can order a full liter of beer for $12.00 to wash down your food and sing Zicky Zacky Zicky Zacky Hoi Hoi Hoi!! Cheers! This place is absolutely a blast and I love Biergarten.

I also think @ Via Napoli you get good bang for your buck. With a Mezzo Metro Pizza (which is under $50) we always have pizza to take with us that we end up eating later that night or for breakfast. Another bonus is that they offer beer by the pitcher for $22 which is 4+ glasses. If you njy your beer, then this is a deal in WDW.

The worst value IMHO is Nine Dragons. We have eaten ther twice and both time left there hungry and with wallet empty. We can get Chinese food as good if not better around here and instead of dropping $100 it would only be $30.00. Nine Dragons is a rip-off.

maryszhi

via napoli, tutto italia, and le cellier btw i will post how much my friends and my meal would have cost without the meal plan.
22318_10152172723145063_1783953149_n.jpg

LuLaSue

Im jealous..your going in December...alas...Im trying to convince myself to go on Friday Sept 13th for the Villians Dance party at DHS...just ahead of the Xmas 2013 trip..lol
If you can do it, Go for it!! We decided to spend an extra day. Changed our flights without penalty and switched from GF to Beach Club. It cost a whooping $7 to stay the extra day with a few tweaks to the original plan.

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
First off...Im not a fan of buffets at Disney...EXCEPT for breakfast....that being said...I'd go back to Biergarten..the atmosphere is fun...beer flows..food is OK mind you..not great...but I certainly didnt feel cheated...you sit at long tables so you'll be with other folks..I wouldnt call it a must do every trip..but wouldnt hesitate to go if I had to
I don't mind the buffets at the World.
I have to agree with what you've said about Biergarten. We've only eaten there once, but it was a GREAT time. We with a large group a the time and it made for an even better experience.

sgtmgd

If you can do it, Go for it!! We decided to spend an extra day. Changed our flights without penalty and switched from GF to Beach Club. It cost a whooping $7 to stay the extra day with a few tweaks to the original plan.

NIce...and yes Ill probably be searching flights soon for SEPT 13th..but I, greedy and doubt Id hive enough will power to only go to DHS

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
We also can get pizza much cheaper here in Scotland,however Via Napoli is in WDW and the magic is all around you.So when people say what is a good value TS restaurant,I take into account that your inside the " bubble " and therefore prices are going to be higher than say I- Drive,but hey! We're on vacation.Iam a great believer in getting my best bang for bucks,but i ain't gonna moan about the prices,ill leave that to someone else,am too busy enjoying myself.;)

This is one hundred percent on point. I'm always digging around for the best value I can find. But when I'm at the World the LAST thing I worry about is the cost of the meal. If I did, I probably would starve.
Come to think of it...EVERYTHING at WDW is over priced! It sure would hamper the mood if I started comparing the price of bottled water and soda and t-shirts and pens and magnets...to real world prices. :)

As a matter of fact this says a lot about the experience that Disney does put together for you.
When a cheapskate like me isn't paying attention to the prices and just living it up, they must be doing something right.

sgtmgd

I don't mind the buffets at the World.
I have to agree with what you've said about Biergarten. We've only eaten there once, but it was a GREAT time. We with a large group a the time and it made for an even better experience.

Well my friend you should expierence the fine cuisine at Hollywood and Vine....its to die for!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom