World Showcase Restaurants!

real mad hatter

Original Poster
Good Morning Everyone. On Monday I attended a Disney quest at Glasgows Hilton hotel.It was sponsored by a well known travel agent and around 80 people turned up for it. So we had Disney experts explaining how a WDW vacation can not as expensive as some people think and the subject of free dining came up.One of the speakers had just returned from WDW staying at the GF and thought the restaurants at GF were highly overpriced and asked everyone who had been to WDW to put pen to paper and write down what they thought was the best restaurant at Epcot for value. The results didn't surprise me.The best value TS for your $$$$ was Via Napoli and the worst was Le Chefs.So can I ask yourselfs what is your best value TS restaurant at Epcot and your worse? P.S. I've just noticed that today, October 25th is my first year anniversary on this awesome site.;)

copcarguyp71

This is the first I have heard about a Disney Quest...enlighten me. What is it and how do you get involved? I am always interested in ways to learn more about Disney.

Sorry I can't be much help on the restaurants...we always get free dining so I am admittedly out of touch with value for the dollar when dining.

real mad hatter

Original Poster
This is the first I have heard about a Disney Quest...enlighten me. What is it and how do you get involved? I am always interested in way to learn more about Disney.

Sorry I can't be much help on the restaurants...we always get free dining so I am admittedly out of touch with value for the dollar when dining.
I got a e-mail from this travel agent and booked the hotel for the one night.It was free ( not the hotel ) and started at 1.00 pm and lasted till 5.00pm..they were five speakers,including one American rep who works in Scotland but is not affiliated by Disney.It was entitled " A Disney Quest for WDW " Many people who went were first timers who had planned their 2013 trip and wanted advice on various things.I found it most interesting as I host my own Disney parties in my house and lots of interesting questions were asked at the end.

real mad hatter

Original Poster
We also can get pizza much cheaper here in Scotland,however Via Napoli is in WDW and the magic is all around you.So when people say what is a good value TS restaurant,I take into account that your inside the " bubble " and therefore prices are going to be higher than say I- Drive,but hey! We're on vacation.Iam a great believer in getting my best bang for bucks,but i ain't gonna moan about the prices,ill leave that to someone else,am too busy enjoying myself.;)

zurgandfriend

We also can get pizza much cheaper here in Scotland,however Via Napoli is in WDW and the magic is all around you.So when people say what is a good value TS restaurant,I take into account that your inside the " bubble " and therefore prices are going to be higher than say I- Drive,but hey! We're on vacation.Iam a great believer in getting my best bang for bucks,but i ain't gonna moan about the prices,ill leave that to someone else,am too busy enjoying myself.;)

I agree Hatter, I feel that I'm at Disney World and I know what the prices are going in. It is what it is and I'm on vacation. That said, the best "bang for the bucks" in World Showcase IMHO is Biergarten, it's a buffet and it's fun. The least IMHO is Chefs du France.

MaxsDad

I haven't been to all,but have been to alot of them.

the best value: can be Germany. All you can eat for your money, entertainment to boot. Possibly meeting interesting strangers. If you are a light eater or not hungry though .....

There are two that don't seem to be good values to me: China and Japan. The last time I went to Japan, I ate everything and left hungry. The portion sizes were smaller than in the past. The last time I ate in China, it just seemed like take out food on a plate.

On a side note, one of my favorites, Rose and Crown, has really diminished in my eyes. They have gone from 3 pieces of fish to one. You literally got more and paid less at Yorkshire. I will not be back until I hear that they have changed.

Also, if you count TS outside of WS, Coral Reef is not a great value either.

Blueskyze

Well three of us split a mezzo metro pizza for $42.00 and we couldn't Finnish it in our July trip.

Via Napoli would have been my answer, as well, but probably because it's my favorite place! I dream about that pizza...soooo good! We had 4 adults splitting the mezzo metro last month, and at $10/each for what I consider one of the best meals on property, that is a pretty good deal. Okay, so once you add in the pitchers of sangria and beer we had, the price went up a bit, but still...

Happy Anniversary! You have become quite a presence around here in your first year - I know that I always look forward to your posts and fun questions. :)

What kind of Disney parties do you have?

real mad hatter

Original Poster
Via Napoli would have been my answer, as well, but probably because it's my favorite place! I dream about that pizza...soooo good! We had 4 adults splitting the mezzo metro last month, and at $10/each for what I consider one of the best meals on property, that is a pretty good deal. Okay, so once you add in the pitchers of sangria and beer we had, the price went up a bit, but still...

Happy Anniversary! You have become quite a presence around here in your first year - I know that I always look forward to your posts and fun questions. :)

What kind of Disney parties do you have?
. ..Cheers! Well I live in a small town in Scotland ( where everybody knows your name ) excuse that pun.And we have quite a few friends who have this love for all things Disney,so every six weeks or so,we host a Disney party which about ten to twelve adults and quite a few kids come around.I put on various foods ( buffet style ) and every one brings their own drinks and snacks/candy and we talk Disney,watch someone's vacation DVD,have a Disney quiz,and just swop ideas,it never gets boring.A few years ago there was 26 friends turned up and it was hectic,:eek:never again.

wiigirl

I agree Hatter, I feel that I'm at Disney World and I know what the prices are going in. It is what it is and I'm on vacation. That said, the best "bang for the bucks" in World Showcase IMHO is Biergarten, it's a buffet and it's fun. The least IMHO is Chefs du France.

X2 Chefs du France
75.gif

LuLaSue

Happy Anniversay Hatter!

Best value in WS...That is a tough one. I am going to have to go with Via Napoli myself. The food is pretty darn good and that coming from an Italian New Yorker. Although it may seem a bit pricey for one dish, we share, the portions are bountiful.

As for the worst...I am going to go wtih San Angel Inn. It has been years since we dined at this establishment but, our last experience was enough to keep us away this long!

Blueskyze

. ..Cheers! Well I live in a small town in Scotland ( where everybody knows your name ) excuse that pun.And we have quite a few friends who have this love for all things Disney,so every six weeks or so,we host a Disney party which about ten to twelve adults and quite a few kids come around.I put on various foods ( buffet style ) and every one brings their own drinks and snacks/candy and we talk Disney,watch someone's vacation DVD,have a Disney quiz,and just swop ideas,it never gets boring.A few years ago there was 26 friends turned up and it was hectic,:eek:never again.

That sounds awesome! I may have to steal that idea sometime. :)

As for the worst...I am going to go wtih San Angel Inn. It has been years since we dined at this establishment but, our last experience was enough to keep us away this long!

Was this b/c of the quality of the food? I've been considering trying it on our next trip, just b/c of the ambiance, but I can't decide if I would really love anything on the menu. I may have to stick w/ margaritas and appetizers in La Cava. ;)

real mad hatter

Original Poster
Ah! La Cava & Margaritas,with these little snacks.Oh what a night,well from what I can remember.My DW thought I was being romantic with my arm around her,but I was just holding myself up.:eek:

ddbowdoin

Sorry but there are no '"best value TS" restaurants at the WS. When the Spaghetti with veal meatballs costs $21.00, I don't know how anyone can think Via Napoli is a good value.

All the other WS TS restaurants are equally overpriced.

I initially agree with this except when eating pizza... which when you break down the cost/person is one of the best deals on property. I think the other non pizza items are high but if you have a party of four it turns into a good deal. I had a hard time swallowing a 30 dollar pizza for my wife and I but again... only two of us, so I'd say Via Napolia (w/ an asterisk - only for a larger party)

JillC LI

Hatter - out of curiosity, I just went to your Profile Page and discovered that you are a professional chef! How did I not know that with all your excellent posts about food?!

LuLaSue

That sounds awesome! I may have to steal that idea sometime. :)

Was this b/c of the quality of the food? I've been considering trying it on our next trip, just b/c of the ambiance, but I can't decide if I would really love anything on the menu. I may have to stick w/ margaritas and appetizers in La Cava. ;)
Ambiance was lovely! A bit loud but very lovely. The food came out in less then what felt like a minute, stuck to the plate as though it were waiting under a salamander. The food was just gross....

La Cava on the other hand was an awesome experience, we really enjoyed the tequila bar and appetizers here!

sgtmgd

We have NEVER eaten in Germany....:oops:

First off...Im not a fan of buffets at Disney...EXCEPT for breakfast....that being said...I'd go back to Biergarten..the atmosphere is fun...beer flows..food is OK mind you..not great...but I certainly didnt feel cheated...you sit at long tables so you'll be with other folks..I wouldnt call it a must do every trip..but wouldnt hesitate to go if I had to

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom