world showcase free???

Becky

The people who came in to go to the restaurants would have a regular pass. If they choose to ride something or watch RoE they would go past their two hour "restaurant window of time" and would not get a refund.

TURKEY

Originally posted by Dizneydude87
Do you think they would make it where you would have to show them you're standard ticket (regualar $50.88 pass) to get into a ride? So that way people who did the restraunt thing couldn't sneak and ride. That would be a big hassle.

I really don't see them doing anything at all with this. Mostly because what they are talking about involves restaurants which dining time can vary greatly day to day. (One day it may take 45 minutes, the next 1.5 hours).

To answer your question, I think it would depend on the system.

If everyone is charged and those leaving get refunds, I don't think that showing tickets to get on rides would be needed and used.

If people get in free for dinner and not be charged at all, then this might have to happen. There would be plenty of loopholes with this.

Locals could really take advantage of this. All you would need is an outdated park hopper. Show them that and you get to ride rides for free. The only ticket that wouldn't work with this type of solution would be a one day ticket.

Dizneydude87

If people get in free for dinner and not be charged at all, then this might have to happen. There would be plenty of loopholes with this.

Yeah, that's what I was talking about. I could see people comming up with ways to sneak in though.

Alot of people take time over there dinner, I think french people do. They spend like Two hours eating (slowly of course...lol). So people could just tell them that they were eating for a while, and still get there money back, but really they were riding rides and shouldnt have there $$ back.

The only other way I could see it, is if they bulit a big plazza thing behind WS, where non park guests could enter through the back of each country, and be seated in a designated area, where there wouold be no way to get into the park. That would be hard to do too.

TURKEY

The only other way I could see it, is if they bulit a big plazza thing behind WS, where non park guests could enter through the back of each country, and be seated in a designated area, where there wouold be no way to get into the park. That would be hard to do too.

No matter if they do (if this is done), it's going to be real bad show exposing lots of behinds the scenes stuff.

Becky

TLB

Showing an outdated Park Hopper would not work. The "restaurant" people would still have to insert the ticket and have their fingers scanned and the ticket would be invalid and therefore no admittance to the park.

I hope and doubt they will do this as it would anger people staying on property would could not get PS due to the increase in restaurant guests. Then again I have been wrong before.:lol: :D

Dizneydude87

Originally posted by turkey leg boy

No matter if they do (if this is done), it's going to be real bad show exposing lots of behinds the scenes stuff.

Do you think there is any way they could block all of that off with some fancy looking wall or something? Lol. Probally not. It might look a bit cheasy.

TURKEY

Originally posted by Becky
TLB

Showing an outdated Park Hopper would not work. The "restaurant" people would still have to insert the ticket and have their fingers scanned and the ticket would be invalid and therefore no admittance to the park.

I think you're not understanding what I'm saying.

I was describing a system where people wanting to eat in WS would be able to enter for free and without a ticket (or a special eating only ticket).

In response of people checking tickets to get on rides and shows, all a person would have to do is have an outdated/good ticket to show the CM at the show/ride to say "I have my ticket, let me in". Even if "dining only" visitors were given a special ticket, that doesn't mean a person couldn't have a regular ticket with him to show a CM checking at a ride/show.

Do you understand?

TURKEY

Do you think there is any way they could block all of that off with some fancy looking wall or something? Lol. Probally not. It might look a bit cheasy.

It would look bad and really out of place. I think that would make it bad show in itself.

Becky

TLB

I understand. But what I was suggesting was not a "Special Dining only ticket". My idea is to have the person buy a regular One Day One Park Ticket for Epcot at $50.88. The person is given two hours to enter and eat. If they return the ticket to guest relations within that time with their restaurant receipt they receive a refund. If they return in three or four hours because they watched a show or rode something they would not get their money back. If they did not produce the dated restaurant receipt they would also not get their money back.

Again I hope and doubt they are really planning on doing this. As for it being in the local paper it might be a plant to gage people's reaction.

I also don't see it bringing a significant increase in diners. My guess would be those of you living in Florida who like to dine at the WS already have Resident AP's.

Dwarful

what about the cheats..ok we know they are around...people who would go not even to eat..you know I think Knotts Berry offered something like that for shopping and people would go in to ride instead of shop. There are always people who will try to get something for nothing...I mean if there weren't would you be bombarded with time share offers on the side of the road in Orlando? People do those things thinking they are getting "free" disney tickets....four hours of time share speal...so if they would do that they would work really hard to get around this and cheat the system..seems to me it would be more hassle than benefit for Disney...making resort guests mad...for long wait times for meals, lack of priority seating availability...etc.

Worldphile

I guess if I was the VP of Epcot, I would need to answer some questions to determine the validity of such a change.

1) Are the restaurant revenues at WS down?

2) How many more diners would such a program attract?

3) What would the cost be to hire additional CM's to check special tickets deal with issues arising from use of these tickets, modify exisitng ticketing computer programs to issue such tickets, purchase and install ticket readers at all restaurant hostess stands, figure out how to reimburse parking costs, etc. ?

If the answer to question 1 is a yes, and the revenue from the additional diners in question 2 exceeds the cost of question 3, then it is worth doing.

Personally, I don't see how it would be financially viable. It seems like a lot of expense for not much return. The payback on all the changes would take forever.

If the answer to question 1 is a yes, the most cost effective way to deal with that is to reduce/cutback on CMs in the restaurants and the number of hours they work.

kaos

Let's remember this little thing.. Florida Residents-- $4 after 4...
4 bucks to get in and od anything they wanted after 4pm. I know other places charge less the later in the day you enter.. Six Flags does it also.. 2 for 1 after 5 one summer. This wouldn't be terrible for me to deal with. It's not like the place is packed wall to wall...

STGRhost

Ack! Rather than quote a whole bunch of posts, I'll just summarize:

The "shopping passes" some of you have referred to are not supposed to be for dining, or even browsing - the idea is that we sell a full price ticket (to one person in the party only) and time stamp it. Then they are supposed to be going into the park to purchase the items they didn't get when they were there last, couldn't find anywhere else, etc. As long as there back within the time limit(1 or 2 hours, depending on the park, the crowds, etc), they get their money back. We only sell to 1 person per group because it lessens the chance that the guests will go in to ride rides. If they insist on bringing others with them, we usually make them show us the reciept when they get there refund. And I ~have~ not given refunds to a few guests, because they did not come back within the time limit (like, half an hour or more). Does every CM follow the rules? No, but most stay pretty close. Do the guests find way to cheat? Sure...there are always a few that do. Is it a HUGE pain in the for GR? YES. We're supposed to limit the number of time-limit passes we sell, anyway, so I don't see this being a viable option for Epcot. (Just imagine the line at the GR window to get your money back after Illuminations!!)

As far as discounts for later in the day: Disney really doesn't NEED to bother with this. When I close, I get people who ask about it, and I tell them we don't discount tickets. I'm honest, and I tell them that their better value is to come back and spend the whole day, since they'll pay the same price. They almost ALWAYS buy the tix anyway - right up until we close. I don't see this generating enough revenue for the parks to be worth it, if so many people are willing to pay full price.

I'm not an expert. I know that these ideas would cause more hassles than anything else - Dwarful said it as well as I could have - but I also know better than to be surprised if any of this DOES happen (but I will not be holding my breath!)

Anne Stepien

:eek: I've heard an even worse rumor---and I stress that it is JUST A RUMOR at this point: have heard that Disney plans on closing Epcot 3 or 4 days a week.....:hammer: What in the world could they possibly be thinking????????:brick:

Universal has an offer where you can go into IoA to eat without having a ticket. You leave a signed credit card charge slip with them for the total amount of one day tickets for the people in your party. You then have two hours to go in, eat and get back to the stand WITH your restaurant receipt in hand (so you can't go on rides instead, or else you'd be charged). When you return to the stand, they tear up the charge slip. If your meal is going to take more then two hours the restaurant can call customer service to let them know so you are not charged.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom