world showcase free???

woofboy111

Original Poster
Anyone hear about what disney is considering??? Not sure how this would work, but they are planning on not having admission to the world showcase, so anyone could come in and eat. I read this is some food review by scott joseph in a local paper...

Pioneer Hall

That would be awful (in my opinion). It would make the area so crowded and take away the magic.

If they do this how will they handle the night entertainment and other attractions in the World Showcase (other than restaurants). There are rides that I am sure Disney doesn't want people going on free.

I have a feeling that this won't happen. It wouldn't make sense for them too. There are plenty of restaurants for people to go to. The few extra World Showcase would provided wouldn't make it worth it for Disney to do.

DVCgirl49

Also how could they justify keeping the ticket prices the same if Epcot were chopped in half and one half was free and the other half wasn't? What about Illuminations? You pay to see FW, while other people just walk into WS for free and see the show?:brick:

Florida Man

Originally posted by DVCgirl49
Also how could they justify keeping the ticket prices the same if Epcot were chopped in half and one half was free and the other half wasn't? What about Illuminations? You pay to see FW, while other people just walk into WS for free and see the show?:brick:

Yea but you can see it for free at the swan and dolphin hotels.

Pioneer Hall

Originally posted by Turbogames
I think they could do this but put some sort of resteraunt only, stamp or tag or wristband on the people

But they can't stop people from watching a parade or fireworks display when they are outside.

The whole idea wouldn't work.

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
Maybe it could be like a 2 hour ticket. You pay full price to get in, get the ticket stamped at the restaurant w/ a paid meal, and if you leave within 2 hours of entering, they'll refund a percentage of the admission price

Dwarful

Well, would they still give resort guests priority seating? One of our favorite things to do is eat in World Showcase....hop over from MGM, or AK etc..for dinner. I am sure we aren't the only ones...would they allow this during peak times or only off season? Also if I am paying full price..ok even w/DC Discount its still full enough for me ...I want a fair shot at getting good viewing areas. Just dont see it being a very fair to resort guests or those staying off site and paying full price.

CAPTAIN HOOK

Can't work, Won't work

As previously stated - you cannot justify keeping EPCOT tickets at full price.
World showcase would be too crowded, there would have to be safety / fire evacuation issues.
And,
You would need admission / exit points at World Showcase to stop the freeloaders entering EPCOT without paying.

Exactly where did the rumour originate ??

woofboy111

Original Poster
Re: Can't work, Won't work

Originally posted by CAPTAIN HOOK
Exactly where did the rumour originate ??

I heard it from my dad who said he read it in a food review by scott joseph in the orlando sentinel.

RobFL

Account Suspended
You can (in the past, not sure now) go into IOA, eat at Mythos, do some shopping, show them you're receipt time from Mythos, and then leave, without paying for park admission.

-Rob

woofboy111

Original Poster
Originally posted by RobFL
You can (in the past, not sure now) go into IOA, eat at Mythos, do some shopping, show them you're receipt time from Mythos, and then leave, without paying for park admission.

-Rob

It's called a shopping pass. You can only do it before 4PM on weekdays.

leebier

There's another thread on this topic (don't remember what it's called) that has the text of the original story. The story mentioned the POSSIBILITY of opening up the restaurants at night (though not for free from what I recall). The whole article was suspect if you ask me, and even the article made this suggestion sound like a very small chance. I wouldn't worry much about this.

Lee

Becky

I hope this Rumor is false. However if it is not then MKTiggerman has a solution that would work:cool:

People pay the $50.88 at the gate to get in, have their pass time stamped, go eat, have the restaurant receipt stamped, leave within the two hour period and get their $50.88 back.

If they decide to cheat and watch RoE or ride some rides that's fine since they will be paying full price to do that.

MK don't they use the pay/refund system already for something else there?

December 29th, where are you?:( :D

TURKEY

Originally posted by Becky

MK don't they use the pay/refund system already for something else there?

They have/had a thing where you could go and shop on Main Street for I think 1 hour and get your money back.

Dizneydude87

Do you think they would make it where you would have to show them you're standard ticket (regualar $50.88 pass) to get into a ride? So that way people who did the restraunt thing couldn't sneak and ride. That would be a big hassle.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom