• Tampa Bay Rays

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Texas Rangers

Votes: 4 13.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

plaz10

PIRATES - LETS GO BUCS! :lookaroun

haha. I don't really watch baseball if it's not the buccos so...I'm rooting for anyone BUT Philly!!

acishere

Sorry about that. What were the odds? They were 77-0 in games they led after 8 innings. Then, in the 78th game....

Then their chance of getting the wild card rested in the Yankees winning...
Not the best day for Red Sox fans. Though as a Yankee fan it was kind of funny... (I kid, I was actually hoping for a post season Yankee/Sox showdown to decide who goes to the series. They are always the most interesting to watch. Usually more so than the World Series games themselves.)

Lucky

Original Poster
Girardi didn't seem to be going all out to beat the Rays like the Phillies were against the Braves. He didn't like having only one day off before the playoffs started and wanted to rest some people. He could have used Rivera in the 9th against the Rays on Wednesday.

But the Red Sox had enough chances that they can't blame anyone but themselves.

Crockett

Banned
Honestly, I'm over the Boston Bellyachers. The Sox have won 2 World Series Championships in the last 7 seasons. No other baseball team has multiple championships in the past decade.
2001: Diamondbacks
2002: Angels
2003: Marlins
2004: Red Sox
2005: White Sox
2006: Cardinals
2007: Red Sox
2008: Phillies
2009: Yankees
2010: Giants
2011: ???

Yet Red Sox fans habitually whine & complain more than any other fan base out there. (Not directing this at you, rsoxguy). But a lot of us have lost respect for the Sox over the past few years because of that mentality. Seriously, grow a pair & stop your bitc...um..."Bostoning".

On to this World Series for 2011: Phillies over Rangers in 6.

Crockett

Banned
Update:
I'm watching the Falcons/Seahawks game, and the announcers got on the subject of the MLB playoffs. As it turns out, the Diamondbacks/Brewers division series has broken the record for lowest viewer #'s of any opening game of any series in the history of the sport. LOl :ROFLOL:

I'm not really into those 2 teams either. And heaven help baseball if it ends up being a Brewers/Rays or DBacks/Rays world series matchup. :snore:

rsoxguy

Honestly, I'm over the Boston Bellyachers. The Sox have won 2 World Series Championships in the last 7 seasons. No other baseball team has multiple championships in the past decade.
2001: Diamondbacks
2002: Angels
2003: Marlins
2004: Red Sox
2005: White Sox
2006: Cardinals
2007: Red Sox
2008: Phillies
2009: Yankees
2010: Giants
2011: ???

Yet Red Sox fans habitually whine & complain more than any other fan base out there. (Not directing this at you, rsoxguy). But a lot of us have lost respect for the Sox over the past few years because of that mentality. Seriously, grow a pair & stop your bitc...um..."Bostoning".

On to this World Series for 2011: Phillies over Rangers in 6.

OK, I’m bored so I’ll take the bait.

Allow me to give you a fictional example in order for you to better understand the principle of wisdom and discernment in speech.

“Man, I’m so sick of Davy Crockett fans. What a bunch of huckleberry simpletons (not directing this at you, Crockett). I just wish that these hillbilly-loving fanboys would disappear. Why don’t they just go somewhere and pick the opossum chunks from between their teeth? So just stop with the stupidi…um… Crockidity.”

Notice the similarity, minus the vulgarity at the end of your diatribe? I don’t mind harmless sports banter at all; I’m a big boy now. But a harsh and completely superfluous tirade that serves only to harangue is bit much, yes?

Of course, I honestly don’t mean a thing within the quoted section above, but I hope that you can see how it sounds. The point is that an unprovoked insult remains an unprovoked insult, regardless of aim. Think it over…

(By the way, yes, the Sox imploded, they deserve to be sitting at home right now, and life will indeed go on.)

Lucky

Original Poster
Don't know which was the more impressive comeback yesterday: Cards over Phils or (switching sports) Lions over Cowboys.

Crockett

Banned
OK, I’m bored so I’ll take the bait.

Allow me to give you a fictional example in order for you to better understand the principle of wisdom and discernment in speech.

“Man, I’m so sick of Davy Crockett fans. What a bunch of huckleberry simpletons (not directing this at you, Crockett). I just wish that these hillbilly-loving fanboys would disappear. Why don’t they just go somewhere and pick the opossum chunks from between their teeth? So just stop with the stupidi…um… Crockidity.”

Notice the similarity, minus the vulgarity at the end of your diatribe? I don’t mind harmless sports banter at all; I’m a big boy now. But a harsh and completely superfluous tirade that serves only to harangue is bit much, yes?

Of course, I honestly don’t mean a thing within the quoted section above, but I hope that you can see how it sounds. The point is that an unprovoked insult remains an unprovoked insult, regardless of aim. Think it over…

(By the way, yes, the Sox imploded, they deserve to be sitting at home right now, and life will indeed go on.)
^But your very last sentence proves that you are not one of the "whiny" Sox fans I was referring to. You admit defeat, and are a respectable fan.
But there are others who act like the team was owed the Wild Card, and the Yankees lost on purpose to TB those last few games just to ruin Boston's chances, and any other excuse they can name as to why the Sox didn't receive the title which they "rightfully deserved". It's been on ESPN & Around The Horn about how whiney they have been.

If most Sox fans talked the way you do, then I would have a lot more respect for the team.

rsoxguy

My post seems to have gone past you like a 98 mph fastball, so I’m going to attempt to speak more plainly.

Generalizing any group because of the actions of some within that group is a dangerous and foolish habit. Please allow me to illustrate:
I have lost respect for America because I saw a hundred Americans doing (fill in the blank).
I have lost respect for Davy Crockett because I saw two hundred Davy Crockett fans doing (fill in the blank).

Do you see how that works? I noticed on another thread that you mentioned the fact that you are a fan of the Atlanta Braves. Well, that must mean that you are prejudiced against Native Americans, right? I mean, with the derogatory “tama hock chop” at the games and the stereotypical chanting, everyone who is a fan of the Braves must be bigoted, right? “I have lost all respect for the Braves due to the behavior of some of their fans“. Again, do you see how that works?

As to the media reports regarding the behavior of certain Red Sox fans, allow me to use an example from your beloved Disney World. If one were to judge by the local Orlando media reporting, Walt Disney World has buses crashing throughout the property, along with tourists and CM’s dying by the scores. What we know about the media is that sensationalism sells. Without a ‘big story”, no one watches or reads. Hence, certain members of the so-called Red Sox Nation whining about their team’s loss makes for a great story when people like you get caught up in the hype. Most major cities can not boast of Disney’s safety record, yet an accident or death on Disney property makes for a great headline, and convinces some people that the sky is falling in Mouseville. Is it really? You tell me.

My original response to you was a veiled statement against generalization. Please read it over. I’m really not concerned as to your opinion regarding the Red Sox. If you want to stand against the Red Sox and their fans, I hope that your stand somehow enriches your life. I just find it a little disturbing when generalizations are made, particularly when I belong to the group being skewered without any rational thought as to percentages within the group. Please, let’s end this little thread hijack and get back to the World Series guessing game. It’s much more fun.

Crockett

Banned
My post seems to have gone past you like a 98 mph fastball, so I’m going to attempt to speak more plainly.
Likewise. But rather than me using simpler words, I'm going to just extend the olive branch. Peace, friend. I should've walked on eggshells more carefully when dealing with Sox fans in October. :veryconfu
It's okay, your team is still the best thing that ever happened to the game of baseball, and no hard feelings, okay? You'll get 'em next season!

DiPSU224

My vote obviously goes to the Phils...

It's way too early in the postseason for this elimination nonsense. I keep finding myself curled in the fetal position during every game. The bats HAVE TO wake up. I'll be there tomorrow night at The Bank for game 5 cheering my heart out.

Now I need to go take a valium...:lol:

Lucky

Original Poster
My vote obviously goes to the Phils...

It's way too early in the postseason for this elimination nonsense. I keep finding myself curled in the fetal position during every game. The bats HAVE TO wake up. I'll be there tomorrow night at The Bank for game 5 cheering my heart out.

Now I need to go take a valium...:lol:
You've got a good chance, with the 3rd best starting pitcher in baseball (after Verlander and Kershaw) on the mound at home in Game 5.

DiPSU224

You've got a good chance, with the 3rd best starting pitcher in baseball (after Verlander and Kershaw) on the mound at home in Game 5.

Oh I haven't given up hope. It's hard to do that with Doc on the mound.

But, being born and raised in Philly and following the Fightin's since I was about 7, I've become all too familiar with sports heartache. Not as bad as a Cubbies fan, but lots of heartache nonetheless.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom