Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Tampa Bay Rays

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Texas Rangers

Votes: 4 13.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rsoxguy

Oh I haven't given up hope. It's hard to do that with Doc on the mound.

But, being born and raised in Philly and following the Fightin's since I was about 7, I've become all too familiar with sports heartache. Not as bad as a Cubbies fan, but lots of heartache nonetheless.

The Phillies have excellent pitching, and good hitting. I know that anything can happen in baseball, but I would sit back and enjoy the championship year if I were you.

DiPSU224

Well would ya look at that....

Ugh. Like I said. Heartache. Still love my boys...they made for one hell of a summer in South Philly. I'll be counting down the days until pitchers and catchers report.

I'm assuming you're a Cards fan? Good luck to you guys in the remainder of the postseason. You were the better team and definitely played like it.

I'll be rooting for anyone but Milwaukee. I refuse to live or raise children in a world where Nyjer Morgan get a WS ring and Cliff Lee does not. :lol:

njDizFan

Ugh. Like I said. Heartache. Still love my boys...they made for one hell of a summer in South Philly. I'll be counting down the days until pitchers and catchers report.

I'm assuming you're a Cards fan? Good luck to you guys in the remainder of the postseason. You were the better team and definitely played like it.

I'll be rooting for anyone but Milwaukee. I refuse to live or raise children in a world where Nyjer Morgan get a WS ring and Cliff Lee does not. :lol:
You may not like Nyger Morgan but Tony Plush f____ Yeah.

imagineer boy

DiPSU224;4774013I'm assuming you're a Cards fan? Good luck to you guys in the remainder of the postseason. You were the better team and definitely played like it. [/QUOTE said:
Thanks! It was a great series. But to be honest I can't say we were the better team though. We had a very rocky season and things just managed to click at the right time for us.

Oh god I can't stand him. He started a benches clearing incident with us for absolutly no reason last month.

The rest of the Brewers are okay with me, but the thought of losing to them and seeing Morgan dancing around the field afterwards makes me sick. Go Cards!

Lucky

Original Poster
I agree - anybody but the Brewers, for the same reason.

Nyjer Morgan played nearly 2 years here for the Nationals. No one was the least bit sorry to see him go. He's the biggest jerk in the league. When Braun was being interviewed on national TV the other day, Morgan interrupted it and yelled "Yeah! F*** yeah!" It's gotta be all about him, not his superstar teammate.

Crockett

Banned
Is it just me, or is this the most un-interesting playoff season we've had in a long time? Brewers? Rangers? Tigers?? I'm trying my best to care, but just can't feel it with these remaining teams. The announcers have even been talking about how the ratings are in the gutter for both the ALCS & NLCS.

As much as I despise the Yanks/Sox/Phils...we really needed them this yr to add some powerhouse excitement to what has been a sleeper of an October. :(

acishere

Yeah after the Yanks and Phillies got knocked out my interest got knocked out with them. Least it keeps my girlfriend from trying to get me to watch Glee since its on hiatus till baseball is over.

Lucky

Original Poster
Sure, a lot of people don't care about teams in the "flyover states."

But a lot of other people get tired of the media trying to force the northeast teams down our throats all the time. I think it's great to hear about young emerging stars like Ryan Braun or Nelson Cruz or David Freese, instead of the 24-7 focus on A-Rod, Big Papi and the rest of their overpaid teammates.

Crockett

Banned
Well, I gotta hand it to the St. Louis Cardinals for a well-played season and NLCS. Despite slipping into the playoff scene by the skin of their teeth, they certainly deserve to be in the World Series. The Milwaukee Brewers had great hitting in game 6, but their pitching seemed "brain-dead"(no offense, rsoxguy), and was unable to stop the strong Cardinals' bats. This is going to be a good matchup between the Texas Rangers & St. Louis Cardinals. Despite the outcome, I hope it goes 6 or 7 games.

Lucky

Original Poster
I'd say the Brewers' fielding was Little League level, but I don't want to insult the Little Leaguers.

Rangers will be hard to stop. The Cards' starting pitchers have to be a lot better than they were in the Brewers' series.

rsoxguy

I'd say the Brewers' fielding was Little League level, but I don't want to insult the Little Leaguers.

Rangers will be hard to stop. The Cards' starting pitchers have to be a lot better than they were in the Brewers' series.

I agree, but I must admit that my predictions are wrong every year.

imagineer boy

It would be an understatement of the mellinium that all the predictions were off this year. :lol: David Freese definately deserved the series MVP. And to think he got his start right across the street from me.:D

Despite the outcome, I hope it goes 6 or 7 games.

Agreed. I've gotten really tired of all of the latest WS being sweeps or or five games at most. I thought even our own WS win on 06 was a bit disapointing. I personally think the Cards won't win this series, but that's okay because I like the Rangers and our post season has already been a load of awesome. Still rootin for them all the way though.

Lucky

Original Poster
I thought even our own WS win on 06 was a bit disapointing.

That was a great series for Cards fans. They were big underdogs (regular season record of 83-78 I think). Winning it in 5 was the only way to win it at home instead of in Detroit. They basically conceded game 1 in Detroit by starting a rookie, Anthony Reyes, who hasn't done much of anything before or since. But he shocked everyone by pitching great and winning. Weaver, Suppan and Carpenter took care of the rest.

You're right though that to most fans the 7 game series tend to be the most exciting, like Reds-Red Sox 1975 or Yankees-Diamondbacks 2001.

imagineer boy

That was a great series for Cards fans. They were big underdogs (regular season record of 83-78 I think). Winning it in 5 was the only way to win it at home instead of in Detroit. They basically conceded game 1 in Detroit by starting a rookie, Anthony Reyes, who hasn't done much of anything before or since. But he shocked everyone by pitching great and winning. Weaver, Suppan and Carpenter took care of the rest.

True, those moments were great. I guess it just felt tame compared to the sheer epicness that was the NLCS against the mets. That game seven was truly the most intense game I've ever sat through.

Lucky

Original Poster
True, those moments were great. I guess it just felt tame compared to the sheer epicness that was the NLCS against the mets. That game seven was truly the most intense game I've ever sat through.

That was a great game and series for Molina, Wainwright and the Cards.

Crockett

Banned
With Pujols' free agency looming after the Series concludes, it will make for an interesting week for him. If the Texas Rangers win the series, the real loser would be Cliff Lee. Leaving Tex for Philly because he wanted a team that could "win it all". Sweet, sweet irony if he's sitting at home watching the team he left...win it all. I haven't picked a horse in the race yet to cheer for. I just hope it's a high-hitting, no pitcher's dual, 7 game down to the final 2 innings series.

Lucky

Original Poster
With Pujols' free agency looming after the Series concludes, it will make for an interesting week for him. If the Texas Rangers win the series, the real loser would be Cliff Lee. Leaving Tex for Philly because he wanted a team that could "win it all". Sweet, sweet irony if he's sitting at home watching the team he left...win it all. I haven't picked a horse in the race yet to cheer for. I just hope it's a high-hitting, no pitcher's dual, 7 game down to the final 2 innings series.

Only thing wrong with lots of offense is the games go on past midnight east coast time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom