World of Color Return?

PB Watermelon

Original Poster
Any rumors or news regarding a return for World of Color at DCA? Always a great end-of-the-day experience. I imagine testing is required first, and perhaps a new sequence or two reflecting the Disney offerings over the last two years.

TP2000

Any rumors or news regarding a return for World of Color at DCA? Always a great end-of-the-day experience. I imagine testing is required first, and perhaps a new sequence or two reflecting the Disney offerings over the last two years.

What a great question!

But why stop at World of Color? Fantasmic!? Parades? Fireworks?

All Covid restrictions for California theme parks have now ended as of today. And it's summer.

So why isn't Disneyland doing big nightly entertainment?

PB Watermelon

Original Poster
I was just there on Saturday. The projection towers that are in the lake are completely gone. Their bases are there sticking out of the water a few inches, but everything else is completely gone.

So on top of other issues, they also have to re-install equipment. Well, hopefully by the end of Summer.

truecoat

What a great question!

But why stop at World of Color? Fantasmic!? Parades? Fireworks?

All Covid restrictions for California theme parks have now ended as of today. And it's summer.

So why isn't Disneyland doing big nightly entertainment?

Fireworks starts back up in July.

Mickeyboof

Makes me wonder what kind of shape Fantasmic's stage is in.

I feel like Fantasmic probably has more preventative maintenance than a human-less show like World of Color. But that’s just my guess.

Fireworks alone this summer is a real treat… but fantasmic or world of color in July would be the cherry on top!

Disney Analyst

I feel like Fantasmic probably has more preventative maintenance than a human-less show like World of Color. But that’s just my guess.

Fireworks alone this summer is a real treat… but fantasmic or world of color in July would be the cherry on top!

I do recall aerial images throughout the closure showing Disney running the water screens and fountains in the ROA - so I assume they did that to keep things working.

TTA94

We Know!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!

However I'm not seeing Magic Happens anywhere today...is that still a ways off?

Do we really know they still have those parades in a warehouse? We are kinda guessing on that lol. Unless a cm can confirm, but many might not have access to those areas.

Mickeyboof

Do we really know they still have those parades in a warehouse? We are kinda guessing on that lol. Unless a cm can confirm, but many might not have access to those areas.

Show elements are stored, yes. Unsure of the location, but there is no reality where Magic Happens was thrown away! I hope it comes back soon.

PB Watermelon

Original Poster
I saw World of Color the week it opened...blind luck, really (the unused Chernobog flame barge/prop was still there lurking against the back wall). Saw it again four years later. Never saw any parades (I think there was a Pixar Parade in the daytime, and an Alice in Wonderland Mad T Party the second time I went, but skipped it). World of Color is the perfect end to a night at DCA.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom