World Of Color Refurbishment

DisneyScott

Never been but seeing how little they care about nighttime entertainment out there, the stupid Pixar crap at DCA, only 2 parks, no Disney Springs, the fact its surrounded by "real world", and the fact it's in California really has turned me off on the notion. Much to chagrin of my friends. I just know I would not enjoy it
Aren’t all theme parks surrounded by a real world ? That’s where they are, after all.

The real magic comes from doing such a fantastic job at hiding the real world.

rebelk73

Never been but seeing how little they care about nighttime entertainment out there, the stupid Pixar crap at DCA, only 2 parks, no Disney Springs, the fact its surrounded by "real world", and the fact it's in California really has turned me off on the notion. Much to chagrin of my friends. I just know I would not enjoy it
THere are about the same amount of rides at 2 DIsneyland parks as all 4 parks in DIsney world. The food at Disneyland is widely regarded as superior to Disney World. The Disney bubble that everyone talks about at Florida may be a thing, but I never feel like I am anywhere but Disneyland when there. Yes, there are fewer parades at Disneyland, but honestly, between seeing Fantasmic right in the middle of the park on the Rivers of America instead of in a stadium is magical. Plus, there are lots of shows happening everywhere, at restaurants, on the streets, etc. that aren't thought of as big shows. Trust me, there is something happening that is a show at nearly every minute that the Disneyland parks are open. Cars land is both gorgeous and immersive and unique to California. Radiator Springs alone may be the best ride Disney has ever built. New Orleans square is amazing. Walking within minutes from one park to the other is fantastic. Yes, there are things that are better at Disney World, but there are things better at Disneyland. It isn't like going to one phenomenal resort and then going to a lesser version. A bucket list for me is a trip to see Epcot. It sounds amazing! Will I miss the food, history, and ease of access at Disneyland? of course. Will the humidity drive me crazy, yep. Will I count out Disney World because the food isn't as good and you have to take a bus to get to another park? Nope. Deal breaker? No way!

iMax

I've been to Disneyland twice and I find it far better than WDW and no it's not because I've been to WDW several times and not because of the fact that I work there.

On my first trip to Disneyland I forgot all about the real world, there's a certain charm about those two parks that WDW just doesn't have and no not because Disneyland is Walt's baby. Both parks just have a certain vibe that I can't even explain and can't find anywhere in any 4 WDW parks. DCA especially, I could walk through that park all day and not get bored, the scenery of that park is just flat out amazing, especially Cars Land & Grizzly Peak. The food at Disneyland is also far superior than WDW, even the churros.

As far as nighttime entertainment goes, even though it's down a lot, when everything is up and running it puts WDW's nighttime entertainment to shame with the exception of HEA. DLR's Fantasmic is far superior, RDCT whenever that's shown is beautiful, PTN is a blast, and even though I haven't seen it yet, WOC buries ROL.

The only few things I can say WDW beats DLR at is it's size, the numerous resorts, Disney Springs, and the fact that we have Epcot & Animal Kingdom.

So before saying Disneyland is overrated, try going for yourself and seeing what I mean, because as far as I'm concerned, Disneyland has a spot in my heart for as long as I live.

iMax

If you've never been, how do you know how good or bad they are at hiding the real world?

It's actually 50/50 depending on where you enter the resort. If you enter from the Downtown Disney side that's your "gateway" from the real world to the fantasy world. But if you come in from Harbor Boulevard (which is a strip of restaurants and hotels) than its pretty much the same as walking from the gates of Six Flags to your car in the parking lot (bad comparison but you get the idea)

The Colonel

For a shorter stay DL is far superior especially if staying at Grand Californian. For a longer stay WDW has more to offer. But I go to DL for a week. I love it.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
The food at Disneyland is widely regarded as superior to Disney World.
No. No it is not. Not just in my opinion, I'm pretty sure that's close to consensus.

Agree with the rest of your post though. I just left my trip to Disneyland and if you stick to the Adventureland Tower at the Disneyland Hotel or the Grand Californian, the bubble is as strong as WDW, if not stronger.

But the food was absolutely lousy (except Steakhouse 55 and White Water Snacks).

Touchdown

Counter service at Disneyland is better in my opinion, but table service is better at WDW. Yes it is a major feat to get into the best WDW restaurants, but it’s so worth it.

That said, eating a late lunch at Carnination Cafe during the parade and having a Monte Cristo at Cafe Orleans are must dos, Steakhouse 55 was also very good.

DisneyScott

Can I guide this back to World of Color? I’m curious if anyone has thoughts on The Incredicoaster operating during WOC now that more of the ride is enclosed.

They operate the coaster during New Years Shows

rebelk73

No. No it is not. Not just in my opinion, I'm pretty sure that's close to consensus.

Agree with the rest of your post though. I just left my trip to Disneyland and if you stick to the Adventureland Tower at the Disneyland Hotel or the Grand Californian, the bubble is as strong as WDW, if not stronger.

But the food was absolutely lousy (except Steakhouse 55 and White Water Snacks).
Hmmmm, wonder what you ate! If you ate the mac and cheese cone, yeah terrible. Most stuff is delicious

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Hmmmm, wonder what you ate! If you ate the mac and cheese cone, yeah terrible. Most stuff is delicious
Off the top of my head, beef stew bread bowl at French Market, half chicken at French Market, fried chicken at the Plaza, burger at Galactic Grill, pork sandwich at Trader Sam's, rice bowl at the Lunar New Year place, pizza at Pizza Planet, pasta at Pizza Planet (that one was worst of all), pot roast at the Plaza.

We really liked White Water Snacks and Bengal Barbecue. Steakhouse 55 was amazing, but that's an entirely different category.

Disney Analyst

Okay back to topic.

Yay it’s officially returning! I stopped stalking the dining package pages after a while because I never thought I’d catch it coming back, but happy days!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom