World Of Color Refurbishment

Magic Feather

World of Color is the new Rivers of Light. Every single time I, or someone I know, gets a concrete date for its reopening, it is usually bumped. I have heard dates as early as next weekend recently, but I have also heard dates as late as May recently.

DisneyScott

This has rocket rods written all over it... Might as well throw the old people mover tracks into the bay so we can look at all the broken infrastructure at once.

kidding.

Ismael Flores

well we at least know that parade wont be back to DCA till end if April. the food and wine is going to be extended to 54 days this year from March 1 to April 23.

i wonder if WOC wont be back till April as well i believe they have something scheduled during that time for the Paradise park stage

Last edited:

TTA94

well we at least know that parade wont be back to DCA till end if April. the food and wine is going to be extended to 54 days this year from March 1 to April 23.

i wonder if WOC wont be back till April as well i believe they have something scheduled during that time for the Paradise park stage

If Paint The Night will be back the end of April we should probably hear something by March I would think, or at least from insiders. My guess is they want World of Color back online more than Paint The Night. Paint The Night is probably on the back burner if they can’t get World of Color up and running.

Is Pixar Play Parade unofficially gone?

RescueTheDay

If Paint The Night will be back the end of April we should probably hear something by March I would think, or at least from insiders. My guess is they want World of Color back online more than Paint The Night. Paint The Night is probably on the back burner if they can’t get World of Color up and running.

Is Pixar Play Parade unofficially gone?

From what I’ve heard there is no return date planned for Paint the Night at the moment. We would know if it were coming back within the next three month if auditions were posted. Sources have told me that Pixar is still on property, but there are no current intentions to bring it back this year.

TTA94

From what I’ve heard there is no return date planned for Paint the Night at the moment. We would know if it were coming back within the next three month if auditions were posted. Sources have told me that Pixar is still on property, but there are no current intentions to bring it back this year.

So ridiculous. All those floats including maybe MSEP just sitting back stage. Yet Paint The Night in Hong Kong continues on and to my knowledge has had very little downtime compared to the US version. Craziness.

dlr74

Pixar is sitting in the parade warehouse at DCA. But confirmed today with an entertainment higher-up that there are currently no plans for any parade to return to DCA at the moment. WOC is slated for a Feb 22nd return if all goes as planned. Not sure if we will see an announcement soon or if it will be a quiet return

Nland316

Pixar is sitting in the parade warehouse at DCA. But confirmed today with an entertainment higher-up that there are currently no plans for any parade to return to DCA at the moment. WOC is slated for a Feb 22nd return if all goes as planned. Not sure if we will see an announcement soon or if it will be a quiet return
I literally am hoping that Pixar is destroyed in the future.

dlr74

Adding to the February 22nd return date - I do know that the hourly cast members are being scheduled to work crowd control for the show starting 2/22. This happened back in December too when it was tentatively “returning” on the Dec 14th. So it could mean something. Could mean mean nothing. Hopefully we’ll know more soon

iMax

Could they send Play Parade to Hollywood Studios? I know it's a crazy long shot especially with Galaxy's Edge coming but having a day parade in Studios to celebrate the 30th anniversary would be cool.

dlr74

Could they send Play Parade to Hollywood Studios? I know it's a crazy long shot especially with Galaxy's Edge coming but having a day parade in Studios to celebrate the 30th anniversary would be cool.
DHS already had a parade almost identical to Pixar Play called Countdown To Fun that even used the same soundtrack. So I don’t know why they’d need to take Disneyland’s copy of it when they have their own

wild01ride

WOC is slated for a Feb 22nd return if all goes as planned. Not sure if we will see an announcement soon or if it will be a quiet return
Adding to the February 22nd return date - I do know that the hourly cast members are being scheduled to work crowd control for the show starting 2/22. This happened back in December too when it was tentatively “returning” on the Dec 14th. So it could mean something. Could mean mean nothing. Hopefully we’ll know more soon

This is great news (with a few grains of salt, of course)!
Crossing fingers!

iMax

DHS already had a parade almost identical to Pixar Play called Countdown To Fun that even used the same soundtrack. So I don’t know why they’d need to take Disneyland’s copy of it when they have their own

That parade should never be brought up in discussion.

jrhwdw

So ridiculous. All those floats including maybe MSEP just sitting back stage. Yet Paint The Night in Hong Kong continues on and to my knowledge has had very little downtime compared to the US version. Craziness.
I agree!!!!! Send PTN and MSEP(if it's still intact) to other resorts if DLR won't use them! It's doing no one any good just sitting backstage at DLR! WDW, DLRP and SDL should be begging DLR for those Parades!

Hopefully WOC does return on 2/22! It would be a step in the right direction.

iMax

I agree!!!!! Send PTN and MSEP(if it's still intact) to other resorts if DLR won't use them! It's doing no one any good just sitting backstage at DLR! WDW, DLRP and SDL should be begging DLR for those Parades!

Hopefully WOC does return on 2/22! It would be a step in the right direction.

WDW could really use one right now, yes Happily Ever After is doing wonders for MK, but to me it's not enough, when I went to DL last year I enjoyed watching PTN in DCA followed by fireworks/Fantasmic right across the street.

Also to add on to the 2/22 return date, CM's are blocked from bringing in family members to BOTH PARKS on that day so something must be going on.

jrhwdw

WDW could really use one right now, yes Happily Ever After is doing wonders for MK, but to me it's not enough, when I went to DL last year I enjoyed watching PTN in DCA followed by fireworks/Fantasmic right across the street.

Also to add on to the 2/22 return date, CM's are blocked from bringing in family members to BOTH PARKS on that day so something must be going on.
Both Parks? Is that normal? Or is DL cooking something as well?

jrhwdw

I still believe that MK can handle HEA, OUAT and a parade after dark.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom