World Of Color Refurbishment

IMDREW

Original Poster
Hello, I don't know where to ask this, so I try here. Does anyone know if World Of Color is set for refurbishment this april? I'm in DCA april 23rd and wanted to do a dining package, but I see that all WOC dining packages reservations stop from april 1st. And with Pixar Pier coming, I'm a little scared WOC will be down until PP opens. Any help would be appreciated!

Emmanuel

Nothing heard of yet about a WoC refurbishment before Pixar Pier opens but just in case it won't go to refurb in April, it seems you've tried to make a reservation too early as WoC dining reservations can be made up to 60 days prior to a visit so maybe check back later this month or when March rolls around and you should be able to make a reservation.

SteamboatJoe

The Adventures by Disney website indicated it would be down in late April and early May but it is not listed as a refurb yet on DLR's website. I contacted DL Guest Services for clarification but they weren't really helpful. They just said refurbs that far out hadn't been determined yet and to check back. I have a sneaking suspicion it will be down.

Ismael Flores

they do need a good refurb for the show . Last time i saw it most of the water level lasers were not working and one of the projections boxes wasn't open so half the projections were not visible.
would be great if they redesigned those ugly boxes too.

Last edited:

disneyC97

they do need a good refurb for the show . Last time i saw it most of the water level lasers were not working and one of the projections boxes wasn't open so have the projections were not visible.
would be great if they redesigned those ugly boxes too.
They should paint Pixar characters on them. They would look so much better that way.

Ismael Flores

the original artwork shown in the park preview center had some much more detailed and fun projection boxes. Not sure why they changed them to these ugly ones with that awful color

kibia16

the original artwork shown in the park preview center had some much more detailed and fun projection boxes. Not sure why they changed them to these ugly ones with that awful color

Yes, these were alot nicer:

download.jpg

Dr.GrantSeeker

Well I'm not happy about this one. But this has been recently posted on Disneyland's website in regards to World of Color. I'm arriving on April 27th and am very upset we are going to miss this. Does not specify how long the closure will last.

"As part of our continuing efforts to create magical experiences for our Guests, World of Color will be closed for refurbishment beginning April 13, 2018. In the meantime, please enjoy our other entertainment offerings at Disney California Adventure Park!"

GiveMeTheMusic

Well I'm not happy about this one. But this has been recently posted on Disneyland's website in regards to World of Color. I'm arriving on April 27th and am very upset we are going to miss this. Does not specify how long the closure will last.

"As part of our continuing efforts to create magical experiences for our Guests, World of Color will be closed for refurbishment beginning April 13, 2018. In the meantime, please enjoy our other entertainment offerings at Disney California Adventure Park!"

The refurb is through June 22 according to the online schedule.

Emmanuel

So apparently the shows return has been pushed back to a later date. Some people on twitter reported that Disney contacted them about their WoC Dining/Dessert packages being cancelled as a result.

Screen Shot 2018-06-13 at 11.05.34 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-06-13 at 11.05.42 PM.png

FerretAfros

Was there ever any real expectation that WOC would return this summer? DCA has two big features for its Pixar Fest summer promotion, neither of which are compatible with WOC.

Paint the Night uses the entertainment corridor immediately behind WOC's viewing area. In addition to the difficulty of timing the two so that the shows themselves don't overlap during the limited summer nighttime operational hours, rearranging the tens-of-thousands of guests in between performances would be a disaster. There's a reason WDW's Fantasmic! wasn't put in MK, whose Rivers of America sits right on the parade route, which was running the then-new SpectroMagic in the early/mid-90's. The operations team has claimed that DCA and handle WOC and a nighttime parade on the same day, but suspiciously they've never done tests of the crowdflow with actual people.

The IncrediCoaster is the only semi-substantial element of Pixar Pier that will be ready for summer crowds. WOC requires shutting down the coaster around dusk, so the noise doesn't interrupt the show and so riders don't get soaked by the fountains. Having a massive summer advertising campaign for a rollercoaster that closes 4 hours before the rest of the park would be as foolish as having a Halloween ad campaign for an overlay that's only available after dark (oh, wait...)

In the long-run, I expect that Paint the Night will follow MSEP's seasonal schedule (only being performed during summer, spring break, and maybe Christmas/New Years) with WOC being presented during the off-peak seasons; they may be able to squeeze both in during the winter months when it's dark before 5pm, but not during summer when it's light until 9pm. Once the initial excitement (or lack thereof) for Pixar Pier fades away, closing the coaster early shouldn't be any more disruptive than it's been for the last 8 years. This will also help DLR's approach of appealing to locals, by varying the major entertainment throughout the year, similar to how DL rotates fireworks shows seasonally.

drizgirl

Was there ever any real expectation that WOC would return this summer? DCA has two big features for its Pixar Fest summer promotion, neither of which are compatible with WOC.
It was due to return 6/22 and people had dessert parties booked for that night forward. Until the technical issue came up.

Emmanuel

Paint the Night uses the entertainment corridor immediately behind WOC's viewing area. In addition to the difficulty of timing the two so that the shows themselves don't overlap during the limited summer nighttime operational hours, rearranging the tens-of-thousands of guests in between performances would be a disaster. There's a reason WDW's Fantasmic! wasn't put in MK, whose Rivers of America sits right on the parade route, which was running the then-new SpectroMagic in the early/mid-90's. The operations team has claimed that DCA and handle WOC and a nighttime parade on the same day, but suspiciously they've never done tests of the crowdflow with actual people.

The IncrediCoaster is the only semi-substantial element of Pixar Pier that will be ready for summer crowds. WOC requires shutting down the coaster around dusk, so the noise doesn't interrupt the show and so riders don't get soaked by the fountains. Having a massive summer advertising campaign for a rollercoaster that closes 4 hours before the rest of the park would be as foolish as having a Halloween ad campaign for an overlay that's only available after dark (oh, wait...)

In the long-run, I expect that Paint the Night will follow MSEP's seasonal schedule (only being performed during summer, spring break, and maybe Christmas/New Years) with WOC being presented during the off-peak seasons; they may be able to squeeze both in during the winter months when it's dark before 5pm, but not during summer when it's light until 9pm. Once the initial excitement (or lack thereof) for Pixar Pier fades away, closing the coaster early shouldn't be any more disruptive than it's been for the last 8 years. This will also help DLR's approach of appealing to locals, by varying the major entertainment throughout the year, similar to how DL rotates fireworks shows seasonally.

They had the schedule figured out already and the 22nd would've been the first day to test it out with Paint the Night at 8:50 and World of Color at 10:15pm.

Screen Shot 2018-06-14 at 6.36.53 AM.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom