News "World of Color – One" coming to Disney California Adventure

D.Silentu

I can see the other rides operating well during the show, but it feels like the coaster noise and screaming riders will be awfully distracting. Perhaps we will get a new nighttime version of the Incredicoaster. "Keep it down everyone, Jack Jack is sleeping!"

wtyy21

"Disneyland fans who have always wanted to be part of the show during “World of Color” will be able to ride the Incredicoaster and other Pixar Pier attractions while the nighttime spectacular plays at Disney California Adventure.

In the coming weeks, Incredicoaster, Inside Out Emotional Whirlwind and Jumpin’ Jellyfish may run later than usual in the evening during “World of Color – One” performances as Disney California Adventure conducts operational tests on select attractions, according to Disneyland officials.

Disneyland die-hards who want to watch the water show from a new and unique perspective will need to time their rides on the three attractions to coincide with the nightly performances.

DCA typically closes Incredicoaster, Inside Out Emotional Whirlwind and Jumpin’ Jellyfish during the water show that plays out on Paradise Bay with the roller coaster’s support structure serving as a massive backdrop for the nighttime spectacular.

Operating the steel roller coaster, spinning balloon ride and parachute jump attraction during “World of Color” will add a layer of kinetic energy to the water show that employs video projections, mist screens, water cannons and other special effects."

-----

"Jessie’s Critter Carousel and Pixar-Pal-A-Round will continue to remain closed during “World of Color — One” performances while Disney California Adventure conducts the operational tests, according to Disneyland officials. Toy Story Midway Mania will continue to operate during “World of Color” shows."

Full article below.

I wonder if it was caused by "fire accident" in another theme park across the esplanade? Interesting too as the final part of the article says the suspension of fire effect at DCA.

Emmanuel

"Disneyland fans who have always wanted to be part of the show during “World of Color” will be able to ride the Incredicoaster and other Pixar Pier attractions while the nighttime spectacular plays at Disney California Adventure.

In the coming weeks, Incredicoaster, Inside Out Emotional Whirlwind and Jumpin’ Jellyfish may run later than usual in the evening during “World of Color – One” performances as Disney California Adventure conducts operational tests on select attractions, according to Disneyland officials.

Disneyland die-hards who want to watch the water show from a new and unique perspective will need to time their rides on the three attractions to coincide with the nightly performances.

DCA typically closes Incredicoaster, Inside Out Emotional Whirlwind and Jumpin’ Jellyfish during the water show that plays out on Paradise Bay with the roller coaster’s support structure serving as a massive backdrop for the nighttime spectacular.

Operating the steel roller coaster, spinning balloon ride and parachute jump attraction during “World of Color” will add a layer of kinetic energy to the water show that employs video projections, mist screens, water cannons and other special effects."

-----

"Jessie’s Critter Carousel and Pixar-Pal-A-Round will continue to remain closed during “World of Color — One” performances while Disney California Adventure conducts the operational tests, according to Disneyland officials. Toy Story Midway Mania will continue to operate during “World of Color” shows."

Full article below.

They tested running Incredicoaster during World of Color back in 2019

According to the uploader of that video:

Unfortunately, 11/23/19 was the last Incredicoaster with the lights off during the 9:00pm World of Color show. Something happened with the Coaster during 10:15pm World of Color and they shut both Incredicoaster and World of Color show down. Disney decided not to run Incredicoaster after that.

CaptinEO

They tested running Incredicoaster during World of Color back in 2019

According to the uploader of that video:

Unfortunately, 11/23/19 was the last Incredicoaster with the lights off during the 9:00pm World of Color show. Something happened with the Coaster during 10:15pm World of Color and they shut both Incredicoaster and World of Color show down. Disney decided not to run Incredicoaster after that.

I'm picturing staff trying to evacuate people/ walk them down lifts while blinding lights flash on the coaster.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
Do they still project things into the space inside of the coaster loop? Would be interesting to be looking at that and the coaster train going through the loop.

Emmanuel

Do they still project things into the space inside of the coaster loop? Would be interesting to be looking at that and the coaster train going through the loop.

Not anymore. After they painted the space in the coaster loop for Pixar pier, they ceased projecting anything on there. The sun loop art from the Paradise Pier days was easier to project on.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
Not anymore. After they painted the space in the coaster loop for Pixar pier, they ceased projecting anything on there. The sun loop art from the Paradise Pier days was easier to project on.
I watched WoC Celebrate! twice during the 60th and I distinctly remember they put a white cloth over the logo to project on.

1683582109274.png

I, however, can see how that can be a safety hazard if they are running the coaster, but if they aren't using it for this show anyway then it's a moot point.

Emmanuel

I watched WoC Celebrate! twice during the 60th and I distinctly remember they put a white cloth over the logo to project on.

View attachment 715177

I, however, can see how that can be a safety hazard if they are running the coaster, but if they aren't using it for this show anyway then it's a moot point.

They never did put a white cloth over the logo. The cloth you remember was put on Mickeys face on the Wheel for World of Color Celebrate and Season of Light

Screen Shot 2023-05-08 at 3.04.20 PM.png

The pic below is one I took myself of the post show in 2017 showing no signs of a cloth on the sun

31822309603_2fc57ee83e_o.JPG

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
They never did put a white cloth over the logo. The cloth you remember was put on Mickeys face on the Wheel for World of Color Celebrate and Season of Light

View attachment 715179

The pic below is one I took myself of the post show in 2017 showing no signs of a cloth on the sun

View attachment 715180
Yeah, I remember for sure the white cloth on the Fun Wheel, but I guess my memory is scrambled on that. For some reason I thought I remembered a cloth over the sun too.

Emmanuel

I think they did, I remember them projecting a Toy Story Alien inside the loop.

Prior to the Pixar Pier makeover they would project things in the loop which began with the premiere of the show in 2010 but didn't actually did it again for guests until the TRONcore. Would be utilized again for Pirates on Stranger Tides, Brave, Prep and Landing holiday pre-show and then the Toy Story Aliens after the loss of the projector domes on the WoC platform and then became a regular use for the seasonal shows

Once Pixar Pier took over, projections in the loop ceased.

But not once had I seen a cloth used at all in the loop for projections.

Emmanuel

The previous time it was used was in 2019 for Villainous, and Seasons of Light.

And then final use was in 2020 for the Lunar New Year pre show. After that and when they were overhauling the show I think they removed the box that contained the white cloth for the wheel.

wtyy21

Here's how Elemental Connection appeared actually as pre-show of World of Color: ONE. Sadly many of moviegoers attended next week to see The Flash instead of this film. Nevertheless, this is an attempt of Disney and Pixar to divert moviegoers from seeing the Flash to see Elemental.

SuddenStorm

Here's how Elemental Connection appeared actually as pre-show of World of Color: ONE. Sadly many of moviegoers attended next week to see The Flash instead of this film. Nevertheless, this is an attempt of Disney and Pixar to divert moviegoers from seeing the Flash to see Elemental.

Projecting film advertisements before their nighttime spectaculars is a new low.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom