World Drive Phase-III

lazyboy97o

I always thought of Disneyland’s Main Street as Midwest and Florida’s drawing from Eastern Victorian architecture (more ornate, detailed)…for example the railroad station is based on the original one in Saratoga, NY.
Definitely. And it makes sense too. Walt spent his early years in Marceline and Kansas City. Roy though spent those years of his life in Chicago, so his image of his boyhood home was much bigger than a small Midwestern town.

bcoachable

Bob Holland said the funding and demand have never alligned at the right time with the right idea. Disney is aware they don't get a do-over on that site and they don't want to build something value engineered.
I hear ya!
SO, can you esplain this to me, Lucy...
Why are they (rumored to be) doing something North of the Grand Flo? Is the demand, right idea, and timing all of the sudden, perfect for this location????
Cause they aint getting a do over here, either!

pdude81

I hear ya!
SO, can you esplain this to me, Lucy...
Why are they (rumored to be) doing something North of the Grand Flo? Is the demand, right idea, and timing all of the sudden, perfect for this location????
Cause they aint getting a do over here, either!
My speculation would be that this location can command the "walking distance" premium and not require the addition of another monorail station.

wedenterprises

I dub thee "Bob" for your lack of knowledge.

Ah, yet ye are the one with the lacking knowledge my good fellow man, ye should know fine fellow Bob wants something modern and cool and diverse. Something with a nondescript one-word marketable title. Something gender neutral and dumb like....SPARKED.

Lilofan

So a boutique hotel that has role playing to make you feel as if you are spending the night in Cindy's castle suite.
The found a way to sell nights in the castle without selling nights in the castle.
Isn't the 1970s look Magic Castle Hotel and Suites still open in Kissimmee? I think low income, section 8, the occasional budget minded tourist, etc were staying there, $38 per night . I think the Willem Dafoe movie " The Florida Project " was filmed around there to show the dark side of what is right near WDW and Celebration.

Last edited:

pdude81

So a boutique hotel that has role playing to make you feel as if you are spending the night in Cindy's castle suite.
The found a way to sell nights in the castle without selling nights in the castle.
Maybe. Maybe not. Just something that cropped up a bit ago. Maybe not even related.
Perhaps a Rapunzel escape room on top of the tower of a new mini golf castle. One can dream

kevlightyear

Suites for a Kingdom?

I don't think you meant it this way, but a Magic Kingdom resort where each building is themed to a different land in MK would be pretty awesome. Sort of like how the Disneyland Hotel has Fantasy, Adventure and Frontier towers.

Of course modern Disney doesn't consider Parks IP to be Disney IP so...

pdude81

@marni1971 posts always = answers! Even if we don't have the context to realize it at the time. :D
After a few beers I might think I understand what he's talking about, but I can never actually understand them (the clues) until changes are officially announced. I feel like I've seen him throw out notes about kingdom suites before but I thought that was in a different spot.

EeyoreFan#24

So they already have:
  1. Castle suite
  2. Meet and great show/play thing in MK
  3. Princess transformation thing in DS
So they cram the ideas together and call it an immersive experience?

JoeCamel

After a few beers I might think I understand what he's talking about, but I can never actually understand them (the clues) until changes are officially announced. I feel like I've seen him throw out notes about kingdom suites before but I thought that was in a different spot.
You have to watch 6 seasons of Downton Abby before it makes sense

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom