World Drive Phase-III

SpaceMountain77

LOL. No. Should be a hot topic around here in a few years if it comes to pass. And if it doesn’t, I’ll share what might have been.

A hot topic for the right reasons (e.g., Asian themed resort is finally built) or wrong reasons (e.g., a practically perfect piece of land is used for the shoehorning of a more timeless, more relevant, more family, more Disney IP-driven resort)?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
…said by “Jersey Jughandles.” 😉
Those are stupid too…but the reason there is somewhat valid.

when you have higher volume…you don’t want cross traffic turns or center lanes that can clog back into the flow.

like the horrific turning lanes off 535 near crossroads.

But we had circles too…you see some in housing developments now.

but the ones on public roads have been replaced where possible

trainplane3

Whatever it is, hopefully it's better then the "buy one, get one" Riviera special. For a location like this, I expect nothing short of WL, GF, or AKL in terms of detail. If they can't commit to a theme, it better be architecturally interesting like the Contemporary.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
That concept art is from 1971 for the proposed Venetian Resort.

Since we're talking about New Jersey, I'll quote one of their greatest philosophers. "The good old days weren't always good, and tomorrow ain't as bad as it seems."
People in Connecticut are all so optimistic…

…and things look so good for the Sawx right now that the northeastern slice may be rewarded (again) 👍🏻

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Whatever it is, hopefully it's better then the "buy one, get one" Riviera special. For a location like this, I expect nothing short of WL, GF, or AKL in terms of detail. If they can't commit to a theme, it better be architecturally interesting like the Contemporary.
good morning, Rip…
Where have you been these last 16 years? 😂

The GF is, itself, short of WL and AKL as far as I'm concerned.
It was more of a template for what was to come. As was caribbean.

what were the first two hotels ever constructed by Eisner/wells?

the prosecution rests.

and they had John stamos play the bongos in a pink tank top before it opened to gin up business too! Brilliant.

SpaceMountain77

I won't disagree there. But there's still quite a bit of effort there at least. WL and AKL are my personal benchmarks.

I don't even know what to expect from them anymore. Disappointment I guess.

I, too, expect to be disappointed. The Riviera is a Marriott with mansard roof elements, Gran Destino belongs on the Vegas strip, and Reflections gave me Staybridge Suite vibes.

It would be nice if someone, somewhere within the company thought to push for a Liberty Square or Fantasyland themed resort.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom