working out for Disney

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Yes. I agree. My husband won't be too happy (if this happens), but my son is 17. He's pretty low maintenance; he makes his own dinner, does homework (mostly) unprompted and graduates next year. So, we're in a different situation than I was 12 years ago where I had to cancel my interview.

Thank you! I wouldn't have to move at all! They are looking to fill positions in Philly and I am 25 min drive away. :)
Go for it and good luck. He's going to graduate next year?????:eek:

HouCuseChickie

That's a serious workout. I bet that burned a lot of calories. How long does that take you to complete?

When I read "quad blasting," I thought of that Progressive commercial where Flo visits her sister, Janice. She's pedaling very slowly slowly on a spin bike while taking selfies. Flo is talking to her about home owner's insurance and Janice says, "Quiet...I'm blasting my quads."

Current weekend workout (if I'm able to get it in) is usually 1.75-2 hours. It's not as bad as my true gym rat days or when I was distance walking. With the distance walking, I'd leave the house around 7-8 am on a Saturday and come back around lunch! :eek:

It's funny, because there are times when I'm in the quad mode where I will remind myself that I am not Flo's sister. Which is also funny since a former coworker used to call me Janice...a Friends thing based on my previously strong NJ accent. :hilarious:

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Current weekend workout (if I'm able to get it in) is usually 1.75-2 hours. It's not as bad as my true gym rat days or when I was distance walking. With the distance walking, I'd leave the house around 7-8 am on a Saturday and come back around lunch! :eek:

It's funny, because there are times when I'm in the quad mode where I will remind myself that I am not Flo's sister. Which is also funny since a former coworker used to call me Janice...a Friends thing based on my previously strong NJ accent. :hilarious:
All the best people have a Joisey accent;)

HouCuseChickie

We went up to 82 yesterday. I didn't even take a pic of the thermometer until it had dipped down into the upper 70s. Yes, the relative humidity portion is broken...probably too many days around 100%! My body isn't ready for these spring/fall temps just yet. I've been getting through my workouts, but I'm sweating like crazy and needing hydration like it's upper 90s+ out there. We have a front going through today though and it'll be taking us back into the 40s, which should make for a chilly Saturday of softball, but more comfortable workouts.

40048858383_cb6bef387b_z.jpg

Sans Souci

Got my walking outside 2 days in a row! It was in the upper 60s yesterday but today hit 72. I really am done with cold weather. But this weekend’s highs are 40s with lows in 20s. Brrr!

I was able to get out 2 days in a row without a heavy winter jacket, hat and gloves. It was beautiful, but I know the potential for late winter Nor'easters looms in the background. :cautious:

Sans Souci

Hi,

Just keeping up with the usual workouts.

I got a new, fancy-pants, Swedish stand mixer as an early Valentine's Day present today. As soon as I figure out how to use it, I'm going to bake some bread. I'd been using an electric hand mixer and my food processor in place of a proper stand mixer. I tried making pizza dough in my food processor, but it started smoking. :eek: So I went back to hand kneading, which wasn't the end of the world, but it can take a long time to work the dough to where it needs to be. It's just built differently than a Kitchen Aide or a Cuisinart stand mixer, so I think a learning curve is involved here.

Of course, I am cynical enough to think my husband gave it to me early so I'd be able to make a nice cake for Valentine's Day. 😂

Sans Souci

Is it an Ankarsrum? They look pretty cool and they get glowing reviews. How's the footprint compared to the Kitchenaids? Not that I need a new mixer and I have very few complaints about mine, but everyone is always griping about how much space it takes up.

It is and it is more than I wanted. I just wanted a Kitchenaid. I'd wanted one for a long time, but I always felt there were better ways of spending the money. It is big. It's like a big food processor. I need to make room for it. I have a lot of kitchen appliances on my countertops and I use them all regularly. I think my son's panini grill is going to be the casualty.

Sans Souci

Hello-

I did an hour long power yoga class. I started out doing one, then I had to switch out. The first class was nothing but variations on planks. I don't mind doing planks, but I refuse to do 50 minutes of planks. It's boring. Plus, three minutes in, she went into "wild thing" over and over. I think I need to cancel this subscription, because I dislike more classes than I like. It's too bad because I like her and her personality.

I am also going to walk with my husband later on, once it "warms up" to the high of 35. 😕

Sans Souci

Good morning. 🌞

I decided to shake things up this morning and do a 30 min. HIIT workout. It was quick and sweaty, but I am awake and energized now. lol

I am going out for a walk later when it warms up and I am making a fourth attempt to find red lentils. 🙄 I want to make a big batch of lentil soup in my Instant Pot tomorrow to freeze into individual portions.

So far, there's been no contact about a phone interview for the flight attendant position I applied for. I had a feeling when I applied that my resume didn't have the right "keywords." I also told my husband I applied and he wasn't impressed. He said, "As long as it doesn't cost me anything." OK, then. :cautious:

Songbird76

Good morning. 🌞

I decided to shake things up this morning and do a 30 min. HIIT workout. It was quick and sweaty, but I am awake and energized now. lol

I am going out for a walk later when it warms up and I am making a fourth attempt to find red lentils. 🙄 I want to make a big batch of lentil soup in my Instant Pot tomorrow to freeze into individual portions.

So far, there's been no contact about a phone interview for the flight attendant position I applied for. I had a feeling when I applied that my resume didn't have the right "keywords." I also told my husband I applied and he wasn't impressed. He said, "As long as it doesn't cost me anything." OK, then. :cautious:
"cost him anything"??? What does THAT mean? As long as he doesn't have to make the kind of sacrifices that you have made for him? That's a pretty jerky thing to say! I hope that's not what he meant!

Sans Souci

"cost him anything"??? What does THAT mean? As long as he doesn't have to make the kind of sacrifices that you have made for him? That's a pretty jerky thing to say! I hope that's not what he meant!

No, he's worried about me not getting my first choice of base and then having to commute to another city to work. For example, they might tell me I need to be based in Chicago for the short term until something in Philly opens. I wouldn't have to pay to get to Chicago, but I would want to make sure I am there in time. So, I'd want to get a hotel room the night before. That would add up after a while. Then I'd be buying a meal or two, etc. Plus, you have to pay for your own meals in training and that's 3.5 weeks. He's actually been helping me with my student loans and mine are pretty significant. lol

Anyway, I have been tentatively looking into selling the soap I make. I'm going to try to create a business plan this week. I am most likely moving in a couple of years, so this is something that is "portable." :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom