working out for Disney

93boomer

Premium Member
Hello-

I thought I'd post in case anyone is still interested or interested in joining this thread. :)

I've still been doing yoga and walking when the weather permits. I've just finished a yin yoga class for hips. My husband and I are going to the Art Museum later on. I'm hoping it's a little empty, since there is an Eagles game today. I have a membership to the Art Museum and I still haven't run up the steps at the main entrance, I usually go in the back way since that's where the parking structure is. :p

My husband works for the Department of the Treasury, but fortunately, his agency hasn't been furloughed. I am hoping it stays that way. We went to DC last weekend and some of the trash cans on the National Mall had loads of piled around them. I can only imagine what it looks like one week later.

I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. 🎆
Hi! Glad to see you. I still am on here just once in and awhile. No one has been on lately so I just hated to keep updating on myself:joyfull:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Well, I dropped 5 pounds in December. Wasn't trying to, either (although I should lose more) Work was crazy busy last month, and I was burnt out with no extra energy, to do any special holiday baking, like cookies, etc. I did nothing.

I figured out that not having all that extra stuff around at home to munch on, plus being exhausted from work last month, both contributed to actually dropping pounds. (Usually, I gain 4-5 pounds during the holidays, so this is something new for me!) :joyfull:

Sans Souci

Well, I dropped 5 pounds in December. Wasn't trying to, either (although I should lose more) Work was crazy busy last month, and I was burnt out with no extra energy, to do any special holiday baking, like cookies, etc. I did nothing.

I figured out that not having all that extra stuff around at home to munch on, plus being exhausted from work last month, both contributed to actually dropping pounds. (Usually, I gain 4-5 pounds during the holidays, so this is something new for me!) :joyfull:

Yay! :)That's the best kind of weight loss--the effortless loss! LOL
That happened to me on jury duty. I was sitting all day and I was alternating between pizza and Latin American food for lunch. I know I could have brought lunch from home, but the jury had lunch together every day and I really enjoyed their company. But I thought with all of the inactivity and eating churros, beans and rice and pizza for lunch, I would have gained weight. I lost two pounds! I think it was because I wasn't picking and snacking like I usually do.

Sans Souci

Good morning!

Checking in with a 40 minute yoga practice. It was short, sweet and sweaty. It's a good one for waking up.

I originally tried to do a You Tube workout, but it kept crashing, so I switched to the 40 min workout. I think Google is wonky this AM, because I couldn't get my gmail account to load, either.

I found another yoga You Tube channel, if anyone is interested. https://www.youtube.com/user/YogaIntervals19

She mixes cardio intervals with yoga. She has a subscription streaming site, but honestly, she has so much free content on YT.

I'm hoping to walk later, but it's kind of chilly.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Hello-

I thought I'd post in case anyone is still interested or interested in joining this thread. :)

I've still been doing yoga and walking when the weather permits. I've just finished a yin yoga class for hips. My husband and I are going to the Art Museum later on. I'm hoping it's a little empty, since there is an Eagles game today. I have a membership to the Art Museum and I still haven't run up the steps at the main entrance, I usually go in the back way since that's where the parking structure is. :p

My husband works for the Department of the Treasury, but fortunately, his agency hasn't been furloughed. I am hoping it stays that way. We went to DC last weekend and some of the trash cans on the National Mall had loads of piled around them. I can only imagine what it looks like one week later.

I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. 🎆
I was worried when I saw the departments lists, lets hope he keeps working straight through.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
I survived a busy holiday season more or less:hilarious: I'm doing Adrienne's new 30 day challenge, it's a bit zen so far but sometimes less is more walking mostly inside as the weather since before whenever hasn't been good at all. BTW I started posting food pics on IG

Sans Souci

Hello-

I did a yoga workout that had a lot of different cardio intervals. I don't know how I feel about this type of yoga. I'll keep trying. I just wanted to shake off the cobwebs and try something new. I like the instructor a lot, it's just that her classes don't flow the way I like a class to flow.

It's supposed to warm up today, so I'll be getting out for a stroll. I chickened out yesterday and did a dance workout instead of a walk.

Sans Souci

Good morning.

I did an interval yoga class this AM. I have mixed feelings about this instructor. I like her personality and her energy. But, her cueing is not what I am used to and she isn't mic'd. It makes it hard to hear what she is saying in certain poses. This not a You Tube channel, this is a subscription site. I could deal with lack of mic on YT, but I expect a touch more when I am paying a subscription fee. But I loved the practice and I really like her. I'll see how I feel in a few weeks. If nothing else, I am shaking my routine up. :)

I'm gonna fire up my Instant Pot and make a big batch of soup to freeze into individual portions a little later today. :hungry:

Take care. :)

93boomer

Premium Member
Good morning! I am just now starting my day. I am not an early morning person. :joyfull: But I do have to say, I don’t get to bed until after 11.
Today is grocery shopping. I will have to do walking inside most likely since it’s windy and only a high of 41. Brrr! We’ve been low 60s a few days and felt like spring. :)

Songbird76

I'm dead tired! The last few days have been working sunup to sundown. If I'm not at work, I'm busy at home, so I'm putting in 12 hour days. I'm glad I don't work until evening tomorrow, and I got the house picked up today, so hopefully I can rest a bit tomorrow before work. Fitzcracker told me I'm an overachiever because I was almost double my goal of steps Monday.

Sans Souci

Good morning! I am just now starting my day. I am not an early morning person. :joyfull: But I do have to say, I don’t get to bed until after 11.
Today is grocery shopping. I will have to do walking inside most likely since it’s windy and only a high of 41. Brrr! We’ve been low 60s a few days and felt like spring. :)

Low 60s sounds lovely right now. It's going to be about 37, but it's really windy. That's going to be fun to walk around in. Not. :p

Sans Souci

I'm dead tired! The last few days have been working sunup to sundown. If I'm not at work, I'm busy at home, so I'm putting in 12 hour days. I'm glad I don't work until evening tomorrow, and I got the house picked up today, so hopefully I can rest a bit tomorrow before work. Fitzcracker told me I'm an overachiever because I was almost double my goal of steps Monday.

How is your charge lasting on your Fitzcracker?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom