working out for Disney

Sans Souci

Good morning. ☀️

Checking in with 50 min of yoga. I liked it overall, but the cueing and transitions into poses could be better. I don't mind loud music, but then the instructor needs to be loud, too. I keep telling myself this is not yoga in the traditional sense, but I do get frustrated here and there. I think I just need to get used to this style of yoga. I'm going out for a walk with my husband on his lunch.

I was looking into teaching English online, but then I saw most companies want a TEFL or TESOL certification. So, I checked that out and there are so many different companies that offer this certification. A certification from a decent company is $1000-$2500. I am not sure I want to spend that kind of money. I am still paying off my student loans from grad school. It's just more debt to get out from under. I need to think about it. :)

HouCuseChickie

Hello :)

I've been taking a bit of a break. I do need to get back into working out, but trying to find some kind of routine or something that grabs me enough to form a habit again...without it costing any more money. My husband and I have started taking early evening walks before it gets too dark, but I think I need something more meaningful and less prone to weather impacts. We've been rained out quite a bit Going back to biking is probably the best solution, but until I get into a routine, it's so easy to push it off and we're so busy that it's become so hard to find time. Still, I need it because my weight has really gone in the wrong direction.

Other than that, life has been busy. After all that choir drama, Kendall got called up to perform as an alternate and got all of the official patches and recognition of making All Region. She also got the last of her college applications submitted between late October and the week before Thanksgiving. She's applied to 14 schools, accepted to 10 so far, decent scholarship offers from nearly all of them and still waiting to hear back from four (including her favorite) on a general decision. I'll spare you all of the advice these days on strategies for getting in-how wide to cast your net-getting school merit-based scholarships, but I'm just thankful she got enough of a positive response that we skipped applying to the remaining 11 schools on her list. Sam has been busy as well. Her team pulled out of an Orlando tournament (which meant no FL for me), but she traveled with David to Clearwater for ball a couple weeks later, she played in Alabama right before Thanksgiving (we all went), and I just got back with her from Pennsylvania since she got a camp invite from a school at the top of her list. Part of me was hoping we'd have real winter temps and weather, but we ended up with highs in the 50s-60s. At this point, I just want to settle in so we can finish decorating and enjoy the holidays.

Sans Souci

Hello :)

I've been taking a bit of a break. I do need to get back into working out, but trying to find some kind of routine or something that grabs me enough to form a habit again...without it costing any more money. My husband and I have started taking early evening walks before it gets too dark, but I think I need something more meaningful and less prone to weather impacts. We've been rained out quite a bit Going back to biking is probably the best solution, but until I get into a routine, it's so easy to push it off and we're so busy that it's become so hard to find time. Still, I need it because my weight has really gone in the wrong direction.

Other than that, life has been busy. After all that choir drama, Kendall got called up to perform as an alternate and got all of the official patches and recognition of making All Region. She also got the last of her college applications submitted between late October and the week before Thanksgiving. She's applied to 14 schools, accepted to 10 so far, decent scholarship offers from nearly all of them and still waiting to hear back from four (including her favorite) on a general decision. I'll spare you all of the advice these days on strategies for getting in-how wide to cast your net-getting school merit-based scholarships, but I'm just thankful she got enough of a positive response that we skipped applying to the remaining 11 schools on her list. Sam has been busy as well. Her team pulled out of an Orlando tournament (which meant no FL for me), but she traveled with David to Clearwater for ball a couple weeks later, she played in Alabama right before Thanksgiving (we all went), and I just got back with her from Pennsylvania since she got a camp invite from a school at the top of her list. Part of me was hoping we'd have real winter temps and weather, but we ended up with highs in the 50s-60s. At this point, I just want to settle in so we can finish decorating and enjoy the holidays.

You sound crazy busy!

Congrats on Kendall getting onto the choir. I hope she gets into her first choice school. Applying for college is so different than when I went.

If you want suggestions for YouTube workouts, let me know. I use so many channels for workouts. If you tell me what you like, the equipment you have, the amount of time have to workout, I can dig stuff up for you.

Sans Souci

Good morning.

Checking in with a workout that used resistance loops around the legs. It was pretty spicy. 🌶️ I'm going to bundle up for a walk a little later.

Callie keeps wanting to come in to eat. It's hard to say no to her. She likes to loaf on the rug we have in front of the patio door after eating. I end up gently shooing her to leave. I don't mind that she wants to sit indoors, she won't let me close the patio door. Then she sits by the door looking in. OMG, the guilt. :hilarious: She has a house that my husband insulated with some metallic stuff, there is straw, a small heating pad made expressly for outdoor use and then a "self-heating" pad over that. I have to remind myself that she has these things.

Post-dinner loafing. :)
IMG_1815.jpeg

HouCuseChickie

You sound crazy busy!

Congrats on Kendall getting onto the choir. I hope she gets into her first choice school. Applying for college is so different than when I went.

If you want suggestions for YouTube workouts, let me know. I use so many channels for workouts. If you tell me what you like, the equipment you have, the amount of time have to workout, I can dig stuff up for you.

That's life! Crazy busy. 🤣

I was glad she got to experience singing with a more elite group. I have so many thoughts and feelings with her and college. Her number 1 could also throw some twists, so I'm trying to keep that in mind. Our state's admission mandates also don't help and add an extra element of uncertainty. The overall process and strategies have also changed considerably and vary so much between kids and families compared to what I remember from my experiences. Still, I do think that the common app and ability to do nearly everything digitally has helped.

I really appreciate the offer. I don't want you to put in too much work since I don't usually do well with videos. I have a recumbent bike, a squat machine, a mountain climber, a set of kettlebells (5,10,15), several pairs of dumbbells (5,8,12,25 each), a bag set of resistance bands (full circle), a longer open-ended resistance band/strip, Sam has J-bands that I sometimes use, a twist board, and a not so great quality hockey slide board. I generally need some kind of entertainment while I work out, so that's probably why videos aren't great for me. Still, if you know of anything short it might be something I can add in after cardio. Thanks :)

HouCuseChickie

Good morning.

Checking in with a workout that used resistance loops around the legs. It was pretty spicy. 🌶️ I'm going to bundle up for a walk a little later.

Callie keeps wanting to come in to eat. It's hard to say no to her. She likes to loaf on the rug we have in front of the patio door after eating. I end up gently shooing her to leave. I don't mind that she wants to sit indoors, she won't let me close the patio door. Then she sits by the door looking in. OMG, the guilt. :hilarious: She has a house that my husband insulated with some metallic stuff, there is straw, a small heating pad made expressly for outdoor use and then a "self-heating" pad over that. I have to remind myself that she has these things.

Post-dinner loafing. :)
View attachment 757564

She looks like she's doing really well! It also sounds like she has decent shelter if she needs to keep warm. Still, I'm sure seeing that face at the door can help induce some guilt.

HouCuseChickie

It was really tempting to stay on the couch last night and finish the baking show I was watching, but I dragged myself upstairs and biked for 45 minutes. I'm still under my peak pacing, but I did push myself for 2/3 of the session. I got in about 13.3 miles with moderate tension. I wasn't up for a bunch afterwards, but I wanted to finish the episode of the show I was watching so I did non-stop sets of triceps presses and standing rows until it ended. I think I got in 60 triceps presses and 30 standing rows. I'm also trying to cut out most dairy again. I think it's hurting my tummy and making me wheeze. I know I should get tested, but I really just want a break from medical matters. Considering the high fat content in my favorites...like cheese...this could help with weight loss too.

Sans Souci

That's life! Crazy busy. 🤣

I was glad she got to experience singing with a more elite group. I have so many thoughts and feelings with her and college. Her number 1 could also throw some twists, so I'm trying to keep that in mind. Our state's admission mandates also don't help and add an extra element of uncertainty. The overall process and strategies have also changed considerably and vary so much between kids and families compared to what I remember from my experiences. Still, I do think that the common app and ability to do nearly everything digitally has helped.

I really appreciate the offer. I don't want you to put in too much work since I don't usually do well with videos. I have a recumbent bike, a squat machine, a mountain climber, a set of kettlebells (5,10,15), several pairs of dumbbells (5,8,12,25 each), a bag set of resistance bands (full circle), a longer open-ended resistance band/strip, Sam has J-bands that I sometimes use, a twist board, and a not so great quality hockey slide board. I generally need some kind of entertainment while I work out, so that's probably why videos aren't great for me. Still, if you know of anything short it might be something I can add in after cardio. Thanks :)

Ok, I have some channels in mind. I'll have a look around and post them here. The ones I am thinking of are 15-20.

Sans Souci

It was really tempting to stay on the couch last night and finish the baking show I was watching, but I dragged myself upstairs and biked for 45 minutes. I'm still under my peak pacing, but I did push myself for 2/3 of the session. I got in about 13.3 miles with moderate tension. I wasn't up for a bunch afterwards, but I wanted to finish the episode of the show I was watching so I did non-stop sets of triceps presses and standing rows until it ended. I think I got in 60 triceps presses and 30 standing rows. I'm also trying to cut out most dairy again. I think it's hurting my tummy and making me wheeze. I know I should get tested, but I really just want a break from medical matters. Considering the high fat content in my favorites...like cheese...this could help with weight loss too.

OMG, if I did 60 triceps presses I would not be able to move my arms the next day. I can't drink cow's milk. It has always given me horrible stomach aches. I seem to ok with cheese, but I also don't eat a lot of it, as much as I love it. I use So Delicious French vanilla coconut coffee creamer in my coffee. It's really good and I prefer it over cream and half and half.

Sans Souci

Good morning

Checking in with a yoga practice. It had a fair bit of cardio and a lot of yoga poses I will never be able to do, but I do what my body allows me to do without pushing it. I struggle with a lot of arm balances. It seems like my limbs are never the right length to do some of these poses. :p

I ordered a Christmas dinner from Whole Foods. My husband and I were talking that Christmas Day never feels like a holiday because we're both in the kitchen starting dinner not long after we finish opening presents. This dinner is just heat and eat. I am still making a big breakfast, dinner rolls, cookies and a big dessert, so I am not totally lazy. I feel kind of guilty, but I would also like to enjoy the day instead of mentally staging what I need to do the night before and while we're opening our presents for a change.

Sans Souci

@HouCuseChickie

I found three playlists of channels I like.

Here are some 20 minute workouts. I know it's Christmas themed, but they are shorter workouts. They are dumbbell workouts (mostly).They are splits, so you can work a different body part(s) each day. If you like her style, there are more shorter workouts, they are just mixed in.

These are really brief kettlebell workouts. This is a playlist of 10-15 min workouts. There is an odd video in the playlist that I did not put there. If you like his workouts, he has a lot more of them that are very brief.

These are 10 min or less workouts from the Fitness Blender

I hope this helps you a bit.

Lilofan

@HouCuseChickie

Here are some 20 minute workouts. I know it's Christmas themed, but they are shorter workouts. They are dumbbell workouts (mostly).They are splits, so you can work a different body part(s) each day. If you like her style, there are more shorter workouts, they are just mixed in.

These are really brief kettlebell workouts. This is a playlist of 10-15 min workouts. There is an odd video in the playlist that I did not put there. If you like his workouts, he has a lot more of them that are very brief.

That girl in the red top in the first video is in incredible shape.

Sans Souci

Sans Souci

Good morning ☀️

Just checking in with a quick kettlebell w/o as a warm up for the resistance band workout I did.

I bought this learn to crochet kit last month and I tried it once. I stopped b/c my yarn hand keeps cramping up. I want to pick it up because it's something to do at night to wind down my mind and it's just good for the brain to learn new things. I think I am going to try again today. It's a cute amigurumi cat. There is a new Snoopy amigurumi kit I'd like, but I am going to conquer this one before I buy a new one. :)

Have a good day. Stay warm. ❄️

HouCuseChickie

@HouCuseChickie

Thank you! I am hoping to get some time to look at them this weekend.

HouCuseChickie

OMG, if I did 60 triceps presses I would not be able to move my arms the next day. I can't drink cow's milk. It has always given me horrible stomach aches. I seem to ok with cheese, but I also don't eat a lot of it, as much as I love it. I use So Delicious French vanilla coconut coffee creamer in my coffee. It's really good and I prefer it over cream and half and half.

These are the standing weighted ones, so not nearly as impressive. It mimics the movement of the circuit gym machine.

HouCuseChickie

Hello- I'm hoping to get in a workout later on tonight. I skipped last night because I've been feeling under the weather, but I biked for a little over 10 miles the night before, did some more arm work, and added in some weighted obliques. At least I didn't sit as much yesterday. I went into the office for our annual winter festival. I had to work some of the day, but I volunteered as a greeter and in one of the gift wrap stations, so I was on my feet and moving around quite a bit. It's a great day to be there too. We do a large-scale adopt an angel and some of the angels were in there to sing and meet Santa. There was also a cookie exchange (I observed) and a bunch of booths selling all kinds of craftsy stuff. Some proceeds get donated to the Ronald McDonald Foundation. The angel part is also sweet. We basically make Christmas for these kids...all of the toys on their wish list, new outfits, new jackets, shoes, etc. So, good day, but by the time I got home, that scratchy semi-sore throat started feeling not so great. I pushed through for us to head out and buy a tree but jumped in bed after we put it up. I slept through the night and my lunch today too.

I want to have a tree trimming and latke fest tomorrow night, so I really hope I'm feeling better. Hopefully I'll have some energy to bike tonight.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Hello- I'm hoping to get in a workout later on tonight. I skipped last night because I've been feeling under the weather, but I biked for a little over 10 miles the night before, did some more arm work, and added in some weighted obliques. At least I didn't sit as much yesterday. I went into the office for our annual winter festival. I had to work some of the day, but I volunteered as a greeter and in one of the gift wrap stations, so I was on my feet and moving around quite a bit. It's a great day to be there too. We do a large-scale adopt an angel and some of the angels were in there to sing and meet Santa. There was also a cookie exchange (I observed) and a bunch of booths selling all kinds of craftsy stuff. Some proceeds get donated to the Ronald McDonald Foundation. The angel part is also sweet. We basically make Christmas for these kids...all of the toys on their wish list, new outfits, new jackets, shoes, etc. So, good day, but by the time I got home, that scratchy semi-sore throat started feeling not so great. I pushed through for us to head out and buy a tree but jumped in bed after we put it up. I slept through the night and my lunch today too.

I want to have a tree trimming and latke fest tomorrow night, so I really hope I'm feeling better. Hopefully I'll have some energy to bike tonight.
The office winter festival sounds like fun, especially the cookie exchange. And having the crafts booth was a nice touch. It was also nice that some of the proceeds were donated to charity.

Hoping that your cold gets over with soon. This is such a busy holiday season, and no time for that! ;)

Sans Souci

Happy Hanukkah! 🕎

That's so nice you and your fellow employees were able to fulfill the wish lists of those kids. It's especially nice you got to see the kids in person and enjoying themselves.

I hope you're feeling better soon. If you don't have energy to bike tonight, it's ok. Your health comes first and you don't want to put more stress on your immune system. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom