working out for Disney

Songbird76

Merry Christmas!!! We are going out to dinner tonight at the steakhouse we all love. Tomorrow we are going to see Avatar the way of Water, and then Monday we'll celebrate with the family. It's my nephew's year with his mom for Christmas, so we can't celebrate until the 26th. Christmas Eve isn't a "thing" here. I finally got all the presents wrapped.

320448833_852562332718856_3889317449482878596_n.jpg321239110_6116554818394607_5144601730206299268_n.jpg321642859_1154912375158517_7660633850856184705_n.jpg

Not sure when we're doing the present thing, actually. My family always opened presents after church on Christmas Eve. The Dutch have only been doing Christmas with presents for the last 15-20 years or so, and we never had a set time. It was just whenever we were all together, which was more often than not on the 26th in the afternoon once my BIL rolled out of bed. But we're not doing presents all together this year. So who knows when we'll do them. But they are wrapped and ready in any case.

HouCuseChickie

It seems we've been somewhat spared from the worst of this storm. It's very cold and very windy, but there's no snow. The cat keeps asking to come in, but she runs off when we try to close the door. I can't do that all night. Also I am dreading this month's heating bill! She has her little house, but her house has a transparent flap. We've had to tape it up, because she would not go in with the flap down. I think she likes to poke her head out now and again to see what's going on. It's just really frigid and I think that flap could help her a bit.

It's supposed to be pretty bad there. It was even on our news, and they had a color-coded map that showed what temps to expect in which areas and Wyoming/Nebraska had the coldest spot on the map. One little patch right on the border of the two states, so I'm thinking it must be right around Lusk and Guernsey and it's supposed to be less than -50F there. I don't miss that kind of cold! I miss snow, but I'm pretty sure that's even beyond @MinnieM123 levels.

Some of the issues are also tied to how well certain regions are built to withstand winter. Obviously, there's no arguing how much snow places like upstate NY received and poor road conditions in areas that saw lots of ice and snow. I'm sure -50 is also rough on places that are historically frigid. Still, I have seen a lot from places that don't normally get real winter. My friend who recently moved back to NJ from the Atlanta area said that all of his old neighbors are dealing with busted pipes. We've seen some of that here as well as well as daily threats about the state of the grid. My husband was supposed to get a bedliner sprayed into his truck this morning, but their machine froze over the weekend. We did our annual festive mall trip on Thursday...62 when we entered, 34 when we left, 16 the next morning. It's funny...16 was nothing growing up and in college, but it'll cripple the south. We'll be 75 by tomorrow! ☀️

StarWarsGirl

In the Parks
No
Some of the issues are also tied to how well certain regions are built to withstand winter. Obviously, there's no arguing how much snow places like upstate NY received and poor road conditions in areas that saw lots of ice and snow. I'm sure -50 is also rough on places that are historically frigid. Still, I have seen a lot from places that don't normally get real winter. My friend who recently moved back to NJ from the Atlanta area said that all of his old neighbors are dealing with busted pipes. We've seen some of that here as well as well as daily threats about the state of the grid. My husband was supposed to get a bedliner sprayed into his truck this morning, but their machine froze over the weekend. We did our annual festive mall trip on Thursday...62 when we entered, 34 when we left, 16 the next morning. It's funny...16 was nothing growing up and in college, but it'll cripple the south. We'll be 75 by tomorrow! ☀️
I'm currently in SC, and I think everyone lost their minds here when it got that cold. The restaurant we were supposed to eat at on Saturday lost heat. Then the internet went out. Thankfully I took the kids to see Avatar because my brother would have driven everyone crazy. Then I just walked out onto the beach, and apparently a pipe is busted; they have a repair crew. And everyone is driving even worse than usual.

HouCuseChickie

I'm currently in SC, and I think everyone lost their minds here when it got that cold. The restaurant we were supposed to eat at on Saturday lost heat. Then the internet went out. Thankfully I took the kids to see Avatar because my brother would have driven everyone crazy. Then I just walked out onto the beach, and apparently a pipe is busted; they have a repair crew. And everyone is driving even worse than usual.

I believe it. It's an absolute nightmare when the south gets a taste of winter. I've seen so many busted pipe and heating debates over the last week. I think it makes everyone a bit nuts.

Sans Souci

Good morning- ☀️

Checking in with an upper body workout. My husband and I drove down to Washington, DC for a couple of days, so I used the hotel 'gym'. I had to make do, because the free weights started at 15 lbs and I use 10 lbs for shoulder presses and bicep curls. I had to take a lot of mini breaks to get through a set. Also, there was a cable machine and I sort of set it up for lat pull downs, but not really. I just left it at the height it was and did them kneeling, because I didn't feel like messing around with moving a bench, adjusting the height of the cables, etc.

We are going to the National Air and Space Museum today. It has been closed for 2 years for a refurbishment. I have only been once. I was looking at the website, they have the command module from the Apollo 11 mission on display, as well as Neil Armstrong's space suit from that mission. So, we'll check that out and then walk around the Mall. We're going out for dinner tonight. We were going to go out last night, the traffic was horrendous on I-95. It took us over 4 hours to get here and by the time we got here, we wanted to get out for a walk to stretch our legs and just relax the rest of the night. So, we just had food delivered and had some adult beverages. I hope the ride back is better tomorrow. 🤞

Songbird76

Season 3 Netflix GIF by Stranger Things
Happy New Year GIF by sendwishonline.com

Sans Souci

Happy New Year! 🎉🎆

Today was my first workout of 2023. It was an upper body circuit workout.

We got back pretty easily from Washington the other day. We left early because our room had no hot water. We didn't have hot water when we went to shower the day before. My husband told them and they told him there were two work orders before the maintenance man could get to our room. We waited as long as could, but we had to shower because we had timed tickets to the National Air and Space Museum. Wow, did that suck and when I realized nobody fixed the issue when I went to shower on Thursday. We had other issues with the hotel and room, but I don't want to dwell on it. The unfixed shower was the final straw.

We had a great meal and good time at the Air and Space Museum. I took some photos.

747 nose
IMG_1159.jpeg
IMG_1161.jpeg

Neil Armstrong's suit for the Lunar walk.
IMG_1160.jpeg

Command Module from that mission.
IMG_2295.jpeg

Command module from a Gemini mission (I forget which one.)
IMG_2296.jpeg

HouCuseChickie

Good morning. A little late, but wanted to wish everyone...

Happy New Year GIF by Omer Studios

It hasn't been a great time for working out for me. Having that one cheat day on Christmas sent me into a bit of a funk. I allowed a similar cheat for New Year's, which still has me feeling off. While I'm sure briefly going off my dietary changes is a big part of it, we experienced a couple of losses over the last week that are really weighing on my mind. One was a close family friend and the other was a girl around Sam's age that was in our softball circles.

While non-traditional, I did get in a bit of a workout yesterday. I spent a couple of hours starting to dismantle the outside holiday display. I still have to bring in all of the inflatables, but I took down and stored about 50 strings of lights, two light up wire frame animals, two framed wreaths, two battery lit garlands, six plastic candy canes, and six power stations. Take down usually feels like more of an arm and back workout vs. the squatting in setup. We've had too much rain over the last day to mess with the inflatables, so I'm thinking of making today a gym day. Santa didn't bring me the new sneakers I'd asked for, but I found them on sale for $60 off, so I'm hoping to try them out in the gym.

Figgy1

Original Poster

It hasn't been a great time for working out for me. Having that one cheat day on Christmas sent me into a bit of a funk. I allowed a similar cheat for New Year's, which still has me feeling off. While I'm sure briefly going off my dietary changes is a big part of it, we experienced a couple of losses over the last week that are really weighing on my mind. One was a close family friend and the other was a girl around Sam's age that was in our softball circles.

While non-traditional, I did get in a bit of a workout yesterday. I spent a couple of hours starting to dismantle the outside holiday display. I still have to bring in all of the inflatables, but I took down and stored about 50 strings of lights, two light up wire frame animals, two framed wreaths, two battery lit garlands, six plastic candy canes, and six power stations. Take down usually feels like more of an arm and back workout vs. the squatting in setup. We've had too much rain over the last day to mess with the inflatables, so I'm thinking of making today a gym day. Santa didn't bring me the new sneakers I'd asked for, but I found them on sale for $60 off, so I'm hoping to try them out in the gym.
{{HUGS}} I'm so sorry for your losses

HouCuseChickie

Good morning. We didn't make it to the gym last night, but I did get in a 30 minute workout, which had me pretty tired and sweaty. It was a blend of things involving kettlebells, dumbbells, barre movement, light aerobics, twist plate with weights, stretching, and a few brief bursts on the bike. I had thought about trashing or donating the bike, but then it occurred to me that I may be able to just fix the broken pedal. Of course the pedals are currently out of stock, but I'm waiting to hear if/when they expect to get them back in. They still sell the model (bought in 2016), so there's a good chance I can get this fixed. I feel like "out of stock" is becoming the story of our life. Whenever the original owner of this house redid the kitchen, they opted for these special plastic drawers that screw onto traditional looking drawer face pieces. I've had luck getting replacements in the past, but the one I need is out of stock...meaning I now have a gaping hole in much kitchen cabinetry.

In other news, today was K's first day driving herself to school. When I drove, we normally left around 6:45am on regular days and I suggested 6:30 when she drives. She got nervous about traffic and parking lot congestion and was ready to walk out the door at 6am! 🤣 We compromised on 6:15am, until she realized she was missing her school ID. I found the "safe spot" she stored it over break just before 6:30, so she left as planned after all...and I got none of that extra sleep I thought I might get with her driving!

Figgy1

Original Poster
Good morning. We didn't make it to the gym last night, but I did get in a 30 minute workout, which had me pretty tired and sweaty. It was a blend of things involving kettlebells, dumbbells, barre movement, light aerobics, twist plate with weights, stretching, and a few brief bursts on the bike. I had thought about trashing or donating the bike, but then it occurred to me that I may be able to just fix the broken pedal. Of course the pedals are currently out of stock, but I'm waiting to hear if/when they expect to get them back in. They still sell the model (bought in 2016), so there's a good chance I can get this fixed. I feel like "out of stock" is becoming the story of our life. Whenever the original owner of this house redid the kitchen, they opted for these special plastic drawers that screw onto traditional looking drawer face pieces. I've had luck getting replacements in the past, but the one I need is out of stock...meaning I now have a gaping hole in much kitchen cabinetry.

In other news, today was K's first day driving herself to school. When I drove, we normally left around 6:45am on regular days and I suggested 6:30 when she drives. She got nervous about traffic and parking lot congestion and was ready to walk out the door at 6am! 🤣 We compromised on 6:15am, until she realized she was missing her school ID. I found the "safe spot" she stored it over break just before 6:30, so she left as planned after all...and I got none of that extra sleep I thought I might get with her driving!
You used mom and extra sleep in the same sentence:eek:

Sans Souci

I am sorry to read about your losses. This holiday season was a bit subdued for me, too, since this was the first Christmas without my grandmother.

Sans Souci

Wow, you pack a lot of activity into 30 minutes! 😆 Hopefully, as K becomes more comfortable with the drive to school, she'll settle into a routine and you can sleep in a bit.

Sans Souci

Hello-

I'm checking in with 30 minutes on my treadmill and then a 20 min full body circuit.

I did not sleep well last night. My husband had been working from home for three weeks and he went back to Jersey City last night, so I need to get back into the swing of that. So, I bring my iPad to bed and I watch "Doogie Howser, MD" until I fall asleep. It's not too heavy to watch at bedtime, but I find myself getting mildly irritated with his friend, Vinnie Delpino. He comes through Doogie's window whenever he feels like it. I would close my bedroom window to keep him out. It's gross how he's 16 and hits on Doogie's mom all of the time. Why would you even be friends with someone who always hitting on your mother? Nasty. 🤢😂

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom