working out for Disney

Sans Souci

Good morning-

Today was an ab workout. My husband is off today and it's going to be in the 60s today, so we'll go out for a stroll later today.

I am so relieved about not traveling to my mom's for Thanksgiving this year. It is always so stressful and kind of costly. This year, it is the three of us and a Thanksgiving meal from Seasons 52. I am still baking bread and a pumpkin pie, because I'd like to do those two things. But it will be nice to wake up next Thursday and not worry about traveling, cooking or dealing with difficult people.

Songbird76

She's the worst. She is such an entitled person. She keeps asking my brother for a serious amount of money and when he says no, she reminds him that she gave birth to him. SHE chose to bring a child into the world. She is a very transactional person. This is my personal opinion on stuff like this, but I don't expect anything from my son when I am older. He owes me nothing. She is just such a gross person. My brother is actually my half brother and his father was from Cuba. She says gross things to him about being half-Cuban. It makes me irate and she wonders why nobody wants to talk to her anymore.

They did, she is moving today. It sounds like a nice place. :)
I'm so sorry...it must be hard to navigate that relationship. Especially where you can't really avoid contact with her because of other family. Are you and your brother close?

Sans Souci

Good morning-

Today I did a jump rope/boxing HIIT workout I found on YouTube. I have a "rope-less" jump rope that mimics the weight of an actual jump rope, but I always wonder if it's the same. I never "miss" a skip. LOL

I am baking Chai Oatmeal in the oven right now. My house smells so good. I am getting my hair done today, but this might be my last for a while depending on the next surge. I feel like I might be pushing it today. Hopefully, not. At least I will look nice for Thanksgiving.

I usually walk to my hair appointment, so that will be my walk for the day.

Take care. 🍁

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Good morning-

Today I did a jump rope/boxing HIIT workout I found on YouTube. I have a "rope-less" jump rope that mimics the weight of an actual jump rope, but I always wonder if it's the same. I never "miss" a skip. LOL

I am baking Chai Oatmeal in the oven right now. My house smells so good. I am getting my hair done today, but this might be my last for a while depending on the next surge. I feel like I might be pushing it today. Hopefully, not. At least I will look nice for Thanksgiving.

I usually walk to my hair appointment, so that will be my walk for the day.

Take care. 🍁
I'm going to have to look into one of those rope-less ropes when it's safe for me to use one. I know if I got one now let's just say it wouldn't be polite to go to the ER if it can be avoided;) I had a pixie in January and have since gone through 3 stages OMG I need a cut at least 2 weeks ago or I can let it grow for a bit and it will look good in a month or so. I can now make a pony tail anywhere on my head I want:joyfull:

StarWarsGirl

@epcotisbest I took my bike out today and discovered that the chain badly needed grease. I Googled what to use (and stopped my dad from using WD-40 since the internet said not to) and he gave me a tube of stuff that he uses on the tractor for the chain inside of it. I Googled the main ingredient and decided it would do for the day. My question is: what should I do moving forward? Should I continue to just use stuff from the garage, or should I be using bike-specific grease on it? Also, what other maintenance should I be doing? I pumped up the tires and tightened the brakes along with greasing the chain.

Songbird76

@epcotisbest I took my bike out today and discovered that the chain badly needed grease. I Googled what to use (and stopped my dad from using WD-40 since the internet said not to) and he gave me a tube of stuff that he uses on the tractor for the chain inside of it. I Googled the main ingredient and decided it would do for the day. My question is: what should I do moving forward? Should I continue to just use stuff from the garage, or should I be using bike-specific grease on it? Also, what other maintenance should I be doing? I pumped up the tires and tightened the brakes along with greasing the chain.
My bike repair guy gave me a silicon spray for the chain. He said to spray it on pretty regularly since it rains a lot here. I keep my bike under a port, so it's not sitting in the rain, but I do use it a few times a year.

epcotisbest

This is what I use and it works great, does not drip much, is easy to apply and is long lasting. It also seems to make the chain operation quieter. I also lubricate the brake and gear cables and keep the tires at the right pressure. It is also a good idea to sometimes just go around the bike and check all the nuts and bolts to make sure they are tight as they can work themselves loose. This is especially important on the front wheel and handlebar as you don't want those coming loose.
Other than that, you should be good to go. Oh, before you lube the chain, you might want to wipe it down good with an old rag to remove any old grease.

chain lube.jpeg

Sans Souci

I'm going to have to look into one of those rope-less ropes when it's safe for me to use one. I know if I got one now let's just say it wouldn't be polite to go to the ER if it can be avoided;) I had a pixie in January and have since gone through 3 stages OMG I need a cut at least 2 weeks ago or I can let it grow for a bit and it will look good in a month or so. I can now make a pony tail anywhere on my head I want:joyfull:

I got mine for $10 on Amazon. I used to "pretend" to jump rope when it would show up in a workout, but this makes this "rope-less" jump rope makes it feel like you're actually using a jump rope. The ceiling is too low for a real jump rope where I workout, so this is a great workaround.

Sans Souci

Good morning-

I started week 12 of my 12 week program today, so I am in the home stretch. 🎉 It was a leg workout with a nasty burpee combo.:cautious: I am hoping to get out, but it's windy and drizzly. It rained heavily all night long. I am not feeling that today. On the other hand, it might mean fewer people to dodge when I am walking, so I'll think about it.

Other than that, I have nothing going on, except cleaning my house.

Take care. 🍁

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Good morning-

I started week 12 of my 12 week program today, so I am in the home stretch. 🎉 It was a leg workout with a nasty burpee combo.:cautious: I am hoping to get out, but it's windy and drizzly. It rained heavily all night long. I am not feeling that today. On the other hand, it might mean fewer people to dodge when I am walking, so I'll think about it.

Other than that, I have nothing going on, except cleaning my house.

Take care. 🍁

Most early mornings I walk in the woods (nature area and pond not too far away). Today it was pouring when I went out, but I didn't care. I like the woods in all kinds of weather (looking forward to snow season). Of course, I was drenched when I came home, and my feet were soaked from the large puddles. ;)

Songbird76

Most early mornings I walk in the woods (nature area and pond not too far away). Today it was pouring when I went out, but I didn't care. I like the woods in all kinds of weather (looking forward to snow season). Of course, I was drenched when I came home, and my feet were soaked from the large puddles. ;)
I don't mind rain so much, but I don't like my feet soaked....perhaps you could invest in some rain boots to combat that.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I don't mind rain so much, but I don't like my feet soaked....perhaps you could invest in some rain boots to combat that.

Good tip, and thank you for that suggestion. However, I get better grip and walk much faster in sneakers. Boots tend to slow me down. (I do wear boots in winter snow, though.) So once in a while, I guess my feet will get soaked, which, of course, is not something any logical person would do! 🤦‍♀️:p

Sans Souci

You're so lucky to have a place local to you to have a walk in the woods. I have to drive a bit for some nature. I'll walk in the rain and I'll walk in windy weather (as long as I don't have to about a tree falling on me), but both together is too much for me. It was so raw yesterday morning. Luckily, the rain blew through and the sun came out. It was sunny, but windy. I just bundled up and went out. It was fresh, but a good walk none the less. :)

Sans Souci

Good morning

I did a jump rope workout I found on YouTube. It was 30 seconds of skipping with 10 sec of rest for 30 minutes. It alternated between two types of skipping. There were also minute breaks here and there. My arms are so freaking sore from this! :cautious: I had to stop and stretch my shoulders and triceps a few times.

I am hoping to get out for a stroll.

We have a little tradition of going to DC for a few days between Christmas and New Year's Day since we moved to NJ. It looks like we might have to skip it year. We have a hotel booked and restaurant reservations back in Sept., but I don't think it's a good idea. Most of the museums have closed and will be closed until January. We could always go, walk around the Mall, etc. and have our meals delivered to our hotel, but why spend the money to do that? Plus, I don't expect things to get better by then and I don't want to risk anything. I'll look for a day trip closer to home--even if it means going to the shore to get some fresh air.

Take care. :)

MinnieM123

Premium Member
You're so lucky to have a place local to you to have a walk in the woods. I have to drive a bit for some nature. I'll walk in the rain and I'll walk in windy weather (as long as I don't have to about a tree falling on me), but both together is too much for me. It was so raw yesterday morning. Luckily, the rain blew through and the sun came out. It was sunny, but windy. I just bundled up and went out. It was fresh, but a good walk none the less. :)

Yes, I'm really fortunate to have that nature oasis so close by, considering I live in a medium-sized city. :)

HouCuseChickie

Hello! Life has been the usual crazy. I'm still recovering from Saturday and Sunday with non-stop ultra early and ultra late softball stuff. I haven't been as good in the gym this past week, but I have tried staying more active. Yesterday, I spent about 2.5 hours raking leaves, and then another 1.5 hours with the family bagging those leaves. Today was a little more lazy...but I did spend a couple of hours walking around stores, if that counts. The mission was just to buy the girls new sports jugs for water, but I think it was an omen that I did this in person. Aside from the jugs being much cheaper in person, I just happened to see a gift idea I'd been thinking about for my husband for the holidays, and it was 50% off. Needless to say, I took that as a sign. If it's not too rainy, I'm going to try and decorate the yard tomorrow...which is always quite the workout.

Not sure when I'll be back on, but wishing you all a very happy and healthy Thanksgiving holiday. 🦃

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom