working out for Disney

93boomer

Premium Member
Good morning!!! After some walking and breakfast, I am getting started on some more painting. I am going to try paint on my fireplace surround. So keep your fingers crossed! Lol
The weather has been so hot and muggy this week. Yesterday I got out and cleaned out my car, sprayed weeds, and did some errands. I was drenched! And it is supposed to get hotter starting tomorrow. Ugh! Ps I love 80s not mid 90s!
Pixie dust for my DH. He broke a tooth on popcorn. Hoping it won't need a crown!:(
Dinner is pasta and marinara and salad. :hungry:

StarWarsGirl

Congrats!! How is your cat doing? Better I hope.
She's doing better with her IBS, but she's extremely depressed. She spends most of her days on my bed, and I have to force her to leave that room when I come home. Then she complains and sits in front of the door before eventually getting the point and coming downstairs and plopping on the couch. Then she stays down there for most of the evening until she comes up to bed with me.

We're getting a kitten sometime within the next week, so we're hoping she'll be a bit less lonely with someone to mother.

93boomer

Premium Member
She's doing better with her IBS, but she's extremely depressed. She spends most of her days on my bed, and I have to force her to leave that room when I come home. Then she complains and sits in front of the door before eventually getting the point and coming downstairs and plopping on the couch. Then she stays down there for most of the evening until she comes up to bed with me.

We're getting a kitten sometime within the next week, so we're hoping she'll be a bit less lonely with someone to mother.
Oh poor kitty. Hope she perks up with the new kitten. I'll be thinking about her. :)

StarWarsGirl

Oh poor kitty. Hope she perks up with the new kitten. I'll be thinking about her. :)
Thanks. Yup, hoping she settles down as well. Last time I went away for a few days, she starved herself. So if I can't get her perked up, I may end up cancelling my WDW trip, unfortunately. Regardless, I'm going to have a house sitter this time, but I don't need to come home to a dead or extremely sick cat. *sigh*

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Thanks. Yup, hoping she settles down as well. Last time I went away for a few days, she starved herself. So if I can't get her perked up, I may end up cancelling my WDW trip, unfortunately. Regardless, I'm going to have a house sitter this time, but I don't need to come home to a dead or extremely sick cat. *sigh*
Poor kitty, I hope she likes the new baby.

Songbird76

I finally tried the Tuscan Meatballs with Carrot pasta last night...it was good, not great. I'm glad I went ahead and did carrot pasta instead of Zoodles...the carrots add a sweetness that it really needs and I didn't want to add sugar. But the acidity in the tomatoes needs to be balanced with something sweet. I think if I do it again, I need a different spiralizer for carrots. The one I have is NOT made for carrots.
No biking last night...it stormed and I was SOOOOO glad I wasn't on the bike. We got out at 11:05pm and it was a complete downpour. 3 or 4 steps from the front door to the car and I was already wet. Plus lightning. Everyone was crowded at the door waiting for a bit of a break before running to their cars...my husband pulled right up to the door, so I didn't have to run across the parking lot, but most people were parked at the other side. I have to ride my bike tomorrow though because DH has a BBQ at work and won't be home in time to drive me. The forecast says it will be dry, so I hope it's right!!

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Good morning I was up very late yesterday:mad::mad::mad: So I'm going to pop in LS 5 fast miles and just see where today leads. Another zoodle day here:joyfull::joyfull::joyfull:

93boomer

Premium Member
Believe me, I totally know. Chloe had stopped eating and drinking while we were gone. The vet said some cats really miss their owners. She was severely dehydrated but her kidney disease didn't help her so their wasn't any hope. :(

93boomer

Premium Member
Good morning! Going to take a break "for me" today. Doing some shopping. The primer coat for the mantel and surround did great. I will paint the first coat Fri or Sat. I will post pix when I'm finished if anyone is interested in seeing it.
Tonight's dinner is grilled fish or chicken and veggies. DH had to get his crown but the dentist did it yesterday which helped with work schedule.

StarWarsGirl

Believe me, I totally know. Chloe had stopped eating and drinking while we were gone. The vet said some cats really miss their owners. She was severely dehydrated but her kidney disease didn't help her so their wasn't any hope. :(
Aww, poor baby.

Belle spends her time when we're on vacation in my room, so I keep a water bowl in there for her. That way, she doesn't go very far for water.

We also have been having issues with our washing machine, which is normally where she eats. It's been extremely noisy, and the other night, I tried to bring her in to eat there, and she looked at me and meowed like, "No! Please no!" (Washing machine wasn't on). So we moved her food out to the kitchen. She still has a litterbox in there, but she has one in my bathroom as well.

She's also holding back on using her box. It's like clockwork; at 7 pm, every night, she has to use her litter box but doesn't want to. So I have to drop what I'm doing, take her to my bathroom, and have her use it, usually by rubbing up near her tail until she settles, and then she goes, not caring that I'm there, and then comes over and rubs me like, "Thank you, I'm better now." And of course, that's usually when I'm eating dinner. I think my mom felt bad for me yesterday having to take her to the litter box and missing dinner, so she scooped the litter boxes, which normally I do.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Good morning! Going to take a break "for me" today. Doing some shopping. The primer coat for the mantel and surround did great. I will paint the first coat Fri or Sat. I will post pix when I'm finished if anyone is interested in seeing it.
Tonight's dinner is grilled fish or chicken and veggies. DH had to get his crown but the dentist did it yesterday which helped with work schedule.
Sending {{HUGS}} to both of you. Him for the crown and you for having a dh on the mend

epcotisbest

More veggies tonight. OK, there is a piece of grilled chicken on the plate, but just ignore that. Grilled corn, fried cabbage, marinated cucumbers and tomato. I love this time of year when we can visit the local farmer's market and get all kind of fresh stuff. Now our local farmer's market is just some old-timers with stuff in the back of their pickup trucks parked in a parking lot. Nothing fancy, but everything is very fresh and quite affordable.

chicken and corn2.jpg

Last edited:

epcotisbest

Did not watch carbs this morning for breakfast. Biscuit, fresh tomato slice with lots of salt and pepper, bacon and a big ole dollop of Duke's.
I am not supposed to be eating biscuits, but I am going to be having a tomato biscuit or two this summer.

tomato biscuit.jpg

Songbird76

Looks good! I've been getting a lot of fresh fruits this summer...pears, plums, mandarins, grapes, blueberries, raspberries. We make smoothies. So good! I don't like tomatoes or cucumber, but the corn and cabbage look good!

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Did not watch carbs this morning for breakfast. Biscuit, fresh tomato slice with lots of salt and pepper, bacon and a big ole dollop of Duke's.
I am not supposed to be eating biscuits, but I am going to be having a tomato biscuit or two this summer.

View attachment 216741
I'm sure it's healthier than some of your past food choices:joyfull: A good rule of thumb is 90/10. 90 percent healthy meals 10 percent maybe not so much. One cheat meal per week:inlove: a whole cheat day:cautious: BTW I got an add for Duke's on youtube on a vegan site:facepalm:

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
I almost forgot to post, being distracted by @epcotisbest's food pics. Note to self time for breakfast. My Happy Farm Market Friday began with kickboxing and weights. Breakfast is sitting with me. A smoothie with blueberries, protein powder and my own chard(my smoothie is Figment colored:joyfull:) Lunch is gong to be a chopped veggie salad with baked tempeh:joyfull: and depending how much I get done and how much outside time I get today dinner may well be the same with a different dressing:joyfull:. Have a great weekend.:joyfull:

Sans Souci

Hello

We made it to NC Saturday. I was sick before we left, but I felt ok on Saturday. Then on Sunday, we just walked up and down the beach and went to the supermarket. We walked because it took close to 12 hours to get here, so we really didn't want to spend the day sitting again. I thought the virus was behind me. Then Monday, this virus came back with a vengeance. I was so tired and I had so much nasal/ chest congestion. I slept all day. I finally turned the corner on Wednesday and was able to walk down the street to the beach access. So that's what I've been doing. I did bring my yoga mat, but even if I felt well, I couldn't work out. The house is on stilts and shakes when someone walks around.

I'm so glad I was not at WDW. I would have felt guilty for being sick for 2 and a half days. I'm still not 100%, but I'm able to get to the beach and chill. We're going out to eat tonight as a way to wrap up the week. We drive back tomorrow morning. This is the first vacation in three years we've had that we haven't had to move afterwards. So, it's comforting to go home and actually know I'm going home (and not preparing for another move). :)

Songbird76

Hello

We made it to NC Saturday. I was sick before we left, but I felt ok on Saturday. Then on Sunday, we just walked up and down the beach and went to the supermarket. We walked because it took close to 12 hours to get here, so we really didn't want to spend the day sitting again. I thought the virus was behind me. Then Monday, this virus came back with a vengeance. I was so tired and I had so much nasal/ chest congestion. I slept all day. I finally turned the corner on Wednesday and was able to walk down the street to the beach access. So that's what I've been doing. I did bring my yoga mat, but even if I felt well, I couldn't work out. The house is on stilts and shakes when someone walks around.

I'm so glad I was not at WDW. I would have felt guilty for being sick for 2 and a half days. I'm still not 100%, but I'm able to get to the beach and chill. We're going out to eat tonight as a way to wrap up the week. We drive back tomorrow morning. This is the first vacation in three years we've had that we haven't had to move afterwards. So, it's comforting to go home and actually know I'm going home (and not preparing for another move). :)
Sorry you were still feeling icky, but glad you at least got the rest you needed!! And yay for not having to move!

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Hello

{{HUGS}} glad you're on the mend. Everybody deserves some time off, so enjoy what's left of yours

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom