Working for Walt Disney World!

Kaitlin Murphy

Original Poster
Hi everyone! Ever since I was little I joked about wanting to work as a "princess" in Walt Disney World, now that I am about to be entering college I want a serious career in their company. I was wondering if anyone had any work experience working for Disney or any advice as to what I should do? I'm still trying to declare a major.. big interest in Communications right now.. any advice is greatly appreciated. At some point in my life time I would love to be a leader of the resort, like a vice president of a theme park!! Please share any experience you have working for Disney or any advice you have here!!!!
Thanks!

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
You probably would want to focus on degree plans that would provide skills that would help you achieve your goal. There are schools that have specialties for hotel and resort management.

emcclay

Get into the DCP and don't act like most CP's. Be concentrated on your work and not calling out to go to the beach or Uni or whatever. At the end, if they want you, you'll be able to go seasonal/PT/FT depending on availability.

mikeymouse

Have you asked a large group of people to come to that conclusion? I'm just interested in knowing why everyone has the opinion that they do on it.

Just a few I know who have worked there in the past. My friends daughter works in Photopass loves it and keeps going back. Had a few problems with roommates, but got out of the situation. The one guy who works with my fiancee said he hated it. It was too hot and he didn't like being told to be happy all the time. I know if I was there I would be happy without having to be forced into it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom