Working for the Disney Store..

kasey1988

Original Poster
Has anyone ever worked for a local disney store? Im in need of a new job (not liking the one im at anymore!), and need somthing that is flexable with school.
Do you get any special WDW discounts if you work at a disney store?

Thanks!

lilo091701

Yes, you do get WDW benefits. Right now we are only hiring for seasonal help for PT CM's. But if you fit in great and love the job you can choose to stay after the Holiday season!!! You receive a store discount as well as discounts at the park retail shops as well as select sit down dinner locations at the park!! And if you stay on and continue to work after the holiday season you will receive tickets for the park 2 times a year!!!

Hope this helps on your decision!!!

disney9752

has the disney store been offically taken of by twdc or wdw now? i havent read in a while what the latest was. when they were ran by disney consumer products u got in wdw free with your cm id, got your appropriate 20 or 35% Discount on merchandise, could shop at company d, & property control.

tinksgilrs08

disney stores no more

Up herein MI they are all closing whats upwith that i am so bummed the closest one to me is 2.5 hours away... I midiswell drive to WDW

star77kc

Yeah...I was soooo disapointed to see our disney store leave too!! Why are they closing so many of the stores? I would love to work there as well!!

luckyeye13

has the disney store been offically taken of by twdc or wdw now? i havent read in a while what the latest was. when they were ran by disney consumer products u got in wdw free with your cm id, got your appropriate 20 or 35% Discount on merchandise, could shop at company d, & property control.

The Disney Stores are now under the control of TWDC, however, Disney Store CMs can't get into the parks on just their IDs anymore. This was actually a change for the entire company, not just the stores, back around 2004. For those who work in the parks, they have admission with their IDs to their home resort only. (Disney Cruise Line and Disney Vacation Club CMs are considered to have WDW as their home.) When I went to Disneyland Paris in 2006 as a WDW CM, I could not use my ID and had to use one of my comp tickets, instead. (I could have also used my Main Gate Pass.) CMs outside of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts do not have a home resort and must use their comp tickets or Main Gate Passes to enter the parks. Also, no TWDC CMs get free admission to Tokyo Disneyland (with an ID, comp tickets, or on the Main Gate Pass) because the Company licenses, rather than owns that resort (kind of like the Disney Store from 2004 to 2008).

CaptainAshley

I just got hired to work at my local Disney Store for the holidays and am so excited! I've missed working for Disney so bad since leaving my College Program and hope this holds me over til I get my degree this year and can move back to the real thing! Oh, and LuckyEye, I see on your signature you work the Friendship Boats, that was my role during my Program! It was back in Fall 06-Spring 07, maybe I worked a shift with you!

luckyeye13

Oh, and LuckyEye, I see on your signature you work the Friendship Boats, that was my role during my Program! It was back in Fall 06-Spring 07, maybe I worked a shift with you!

Ah yes, I think I remember you! :) We worked together on New Year's Eve 2006 and during a shift sometime in February or March 2007. I started my Fall Advantage 2006 program at Friendship Boats, but moved to Monorails in August to finish the rest of my program. Then, after my program, I picked up shifts in both areas for a while.

raven

I worked at the stores for years before I transfered my status here WDW. True, you cannot get into the parks anymore on just your ID, but you get a couple of passes every now and then to use. They ended up closing the store I used to be at in Michigan and the ones remaining open filled up quickly from transfering CMs. Not all of us could get in. It was pretty much based on seniority...and popularity in some cases. So finding a job through them may be a little difficult at the moment. They usually have hired seasonal help by now or are starting to. Good luck though!

Badger Brent

I worked in both TDS's stores in Madison, WI. before they closed. If you don't have another job and get full time status, it would be ok. I thought being p/t was demanding with call-ins and mandatory weekends. Overall I enjoyed it and it helped me get through my WDW withdrawl trips. Pay is not the greatest. If you go in knowing this, and money is not an issue I would say go for it. Good luck with your pick.:wave:

MinnieLee

We are lucky that our local Disney store is not closing. I took home an application last year for seasonal work (I work full time in a large high school) that my kids found and asked me why I was looking at work P/T at the store because I would never come home with any money - I would spend it all at the store! But look at how much more I could buy with a discount!:sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom