Work during COVID

Pepper's Ghost

nope.gif

JIMINYCR

If they were I could imagine the workers taking their break time and lunch times and jumping on the idle attractions... just to keep the rides from getting corroded from being unused. Hey boss a bunch of us guys are heading over to Splash for a quick run through... want to join us??? :D:D:D

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
If they were I could imagine the workers taking their break time and lunch times and jumping on the idle attractions... just to keep the rides from getting corroded from being unused. Hey boss a bunch of us guys are heading over to Splash for a quick run through... want to join us??? :D:D:D
Maybe... except for this...

thomas998

Maybe... except for this...
If they are draining all the wet ride it must mean they expected the shut down to last much longer than some people had hoped. I would guess they looked at the cost of keeping the water chlorinated and running against the cost of refilling everything from scratch.... I wouldn't have thought it cost effective to drain everything if they really thought they would be opened back in May. I'm now doubting they even expect a June reopen.

beachlover4444

If they are draining all the wet ride it must mean they expected the shut down to last much longer than some people had hoped. I would guess they looked at the cost of keeping the water chlorinated and running against the cost of refilling everything from scratch.... I wouldn't have thought it cost effective to drain everything if they really thought they would be opened back in May. I'm now doubting they even expect a June reopen.
I think July is wishful thinking. If u read what Iger is putting out there about less staff smaller scale different Disney it’s not gonna be what it was.

thomas998

I think July is wishful thinking. If u read what Iger is putting out there about less staff smaller scale different Disney it’s not gonna be what it was.
The more I think about the never ending lockdown by the government the more I'm starting to think that it is becoming politically driven. I doubt it would be handled like it is if this weren't an election year. But because it is you have people that push to have it in place so people are more upset with the current administration and have that mindset even as the mortality rate continues to drop and the number of dead are well below the earlier predictions. If it weren't an election year I would really think July would be possible, but as it isn't I wouldn't be surprised if the lockdown continues on until November

Disney.Mike

The more I think about the never ending lockdown by the government the more I'm starting to think that it is becoming politically driven. I doubt it would be handled like it is if this weren't an election year. But because it is you have people that push to have it in place so people are more upset with the current administration and have that mindset even as the mortality rate continues to drop and the number of dead are well below the earlier predictions. If it weren't an election year I would really think July would be possible, but as it isn't I wouldn't be surprised if the lockdown continues on until November

You think Republican Governors are keeping their states locked down to harm Trumps reelection chances? I'm a major Trump supporter, but he has absolutely botched this. He has been completely reactive instead of proactive. Thats not a death sentence though, pretty much every politician except Gov Newsom (CA) has botched it as well. That said, Trump has been pretty good once the reaction to it started, he just started reacting late.

NickPytlinski

no country has been pro-active imo
dont think they could have been to a degree.

it it was that easy, it wouldnt have gone further than wuhan

Disney.Mike

no country has been pro-active imo
dont think they could have been to a degree.

it it was that easy, it wouldnt have gone further than wuhan
Not entirely true. The virus was likely all around the world before China couldn't hide it anymore. Trump (and several Governors) biggest failure was the early lines of "nothing to see here, business as usual".

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom