Wordle

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster
It was kind of unfortunate timing that right when the NYT took over, the words were a lot more obscure and challenging. I've felt like the past few days have been back to normal.
Not to mention the confusion of people still getting their word solutions from the old site while others were getting the new NYT words.

E.g., agora v. aroma.

The funny thing is, is that "agora" is in the original set of solutions and was the 'wrong' one from the old list for those who didn't update to the NYT website.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Original Poster
I know it seems stupid, but the animation changed. And they lost my streak. So there.
I don't know about animations, but if you go to the original site and let it redirect you to the NYT site, your cookie-history should get updated.

But if quordle's your think now, go *four* it!!

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Not to mention the confusion of people still getting their word solutions from the old site while others were getting the new NYT words.

E.g., agora v. aroma.
, a
The funny thing is, is that "agora" is in the original set of solutions and was the 'wrong' one from the old list for those who didn't update to the NYT website.
I kept going for a day or so after the agora/aroma kerfuffle. At that point, I was still using the original site, as I'd done for several days after the NYT purchase. Then came the day where the link wouldn't work unless refreshed, and when refreshed, went to the NYT site. Yes, I'm being petty. I'm allowed.

And I got agora in no more than 4, and I marvelled that people had forgotten their Greek. ;)

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Clever, but I don't know if quordle's my now. Very taxing.

You have to approach quordle a bit differently (at least I did). I finally got myself a few good starting words that knock out all vowels and some less frequent letters but that show up enough on Quordle to be useful. I used the practice play a bit to help me get used to it, and while I won’t say it is easy, in the 12 days I have been playing, only lost once in the daily play (got 3 of 4 words) and I can only blame myself for the loss in that I wasted a word - wasn’t paying attention and meant to type a different word and ended up typing a word I knew it could be because I knew the letter wasn’t in the word 🤦🏼‍♀️

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Original Poster
You have to approach quordle a bit differently (at least I did). I finally got myself a few good starting words that knock out all vowels and some less frequent letters but that show up enough on Quordle to be useful. I used the practice play a bit to help me get used to it, and while I won’t say it is easy, in the 12 days I have been playing, only lost once in the daily play (got 3 of 4 words) and I can only blame myself for the loss in that I wasted a word - wasn’t paying attention and meant to type a different word and ended up typing a word I knew it could be because I knew the letter wasn’t in the word 🤦🏼‍♀️
Well, there are four words that can knock out all the vowels and the most used letters. After that... it's mostly anagrams. ;)

Daily Quordle #32
8️⃣5️⃣
6️⃣7️⃣
quordle.com
⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜ 🟨⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜ ⬜🟩⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟨⬜🟨 ⬜🟨⬜⬜🟨
⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜ 🟩⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜🟩⬜ 🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
⬜⬜🟨⬜🟩 ⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜ ⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 ⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛

⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜ ⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜ ⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜
🟨⬜🟩⬜⬜ ⬜⬜🟩⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟨🟨⬜ ⬜⬜⬜🟩⬜
⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜ ⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 ⬜🟨🟩⬜⬜
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ 🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
1645776663646.png

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Well, there are four words that can knock out all the vowels and the most used letters. After that... it's mostly anagrams. ;)

Daily Quordle #32
8️⃣5️⃣
6️⃣7️⃣
quordle.com

And those are great to use if the number one goal is to definitely win. I used your four words on a few practice plays and found that there was no challenge in finding the words after that. My three words still leave me with half the alphabet unused, which added back the challenge for me.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Original Poster
And those are great to use if the number one goal is to definitely win. I used your four words on a few practice plays and found that there was no challenge in finding the words after that. My three words still leave me with half the alphabet unused, which added back the challenge for me.
Well, then, for an extra challenge, start with 'jazzy'!! ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom