MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster
Wordle 210 3/6*

⬛⬛🟨⬛⬛
⬛🟩⬛🟩⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
@JenniferS, I noticed your "Wow" reaction. But this one was easy using a common solving technique. If you want to know...

I use a letter distribution chart (most used letters to the least). I start with the guess "least" to get the two most used vowels and three of the top five consonants. That gave me "A." Playing on hard, I have to use "A" in my next guess, but want to see if there are other vowels. So, "radio" uses the next two most used vowels, the next most used consonant, and another common consonant.

That gave me "A" and "I" and their positions. A lot of words fit that, but, I've already eliminated RTSLD. The next most common consonants were NPC. Which naturally let to "panic."

1642277407998.png

If one like to nail down their vowels first, "ouija" is a good starting word. :)

Of course, when there are words like "abbey"... it takes longer.

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
@JenniferS, I noticed your "Wow" reaction. But this one was easy using a common solving technique. If you want to know...

I use a letter distribution chart (most used letters to the least). I start with the guess "least" to get the two most used vowels and three of the top five consonants. That gave me "A." Playing on hard, I have to use "A" in my next guess, but want to see if there are other vowels. So, "radio" uses the next two most used vowels, the next most used consonant, and another common consonant.

That gave me "A" and "I" and their positions. A lot of words fit that, but, I've already eliminated RTSLD. The next most common consonants were NPC. Which naturally let to "panic."

View attachment 614187

If one like to nail down their vowels first, "ouija" is a good starting word. :)

I took four tries because I went with manic before panic. 🤣

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
Premium Member

View attachment 614187

I just play by my old hangman rules … in reverse.

Best word for hangman (assuming you’re not playing against a MAGIC member, is QUEUE. (They get the e’s and nothing else!)

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Original Poster
I just play by my old hangman rules … in reverse.

Best word for hangman (assuming you’re not playing against a MAGIC member, is QUEUE. (They get the e’s and nothing else!)
For hangman, I like "mew." Once they get the 'E', there are just way too many combinations to try before they're hung, and it's also not that common a word meowadays.

JenniferS

Premium Member
For hangman, I like "mew." Once they get the 'E', there are just way too many combinations to try before they're hung, and it's also not that common a word meowadays.
You can cheat (if you’re inclined to cheat, or something important like “adult time” is on the line) and go with bat or ban. The opportunity to change the first letter (and still have a real word) is almost limitless. 😉

No telling my Hubby please.

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Original Poster
Well done!
Thank, but, not a great feat on my part. If you read my previous spoiler, it was all but likely to be solved quickly since...

the word is made up of some of the most common letters.

More Wordle in the news...

Last edited:

JenniferS

Premium Member
Thank, but, not a great feat on my part. If you read my previous spoiler, it was all but likely to be solved quickly since...

the word is made up of some of the most common letters.

More Wordle in the news...

This was today’s thought process:
A1EB0F32-1AA7-4BFC-81B7-D2DA50D52E8E.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom