word on the street!!

Jabarr

Original Poster
OK people, All of East Atlanta is a buzz about Walt Disney Co. -buying between 600 & 900 acres around the Social Circle-Covington area. Word on the street is they want to build a Universal type park to bring in people from S.C, N.C., Tenn. and such. Does anyone know anything? Grizz what can you dig up? I am not trying to start anything, but it was in the local paper (Walton Co. GA. ) I hope someone knows what is really going on!!:wave:

P.S. The land is off of I-20 East

red345

New land

Didn't disney buy some land in virginia but was stopped because of concern of it being an old civil war battlefield so they never got the project off the ground. Currently i don't think Disney would want to build a new park because of them trying to maintain the parks they have now.

Jabarr

Original Poster
Thats what I thought but who knows? A Co. that big is always looking to the future. There is talk about South Korea isn't there?

red345

From what i heard they sent some sort of formal asking to the govt in South Korea to build the park, but that is all i heard about that.

Robfasto

Sorry, no mention of Disney in the story:
Theme park plan sketchy
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD>By James Faucett
The Walton Tribune </TD><TD align=left width=150></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Published March 13, 2005

WALTON COUNTY — Amid a swirl of rumors that Walton County will be the site of a major amusement park, county officials said they have spoken with two potential developers but no definite plans have been established.

“We have been having discussions with an individual who is proposing a Universal Studios-type theme park and there is serious consideration to putting that in the West Walton area,” said Mike Martin, director of the Walton County Planning and Zoning department. “These talks have probably been going on for a year now, (but) we don’t have any official submittal at this point.”

Source: The Walton Tribune

alice

sounds like a mom and pop. i think if it was a big name, they would have said it. disney would never let them call it a "universal studios-type of place"!

Captain Chaos

Another Six Flags style park. I can see the writing on the wall... Maybe the owners of Cedar Point are thinking of expanding their brand.... This does not sound like Disney to me.

Jabarr

Original Poster
Nice find. maybe people are wanting it to be Disney! Starting up all kinds of things. Some people I talked to swore it was Disney. Like I said I was not trying to start anything This is site is awsome!! I just want to know the TRUTH!!:cool:

Robfasto

I heard rumors about Six Flag coming to Tennessee around the Seiverville/Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg area about 6 or 7 years ago. Everyone swore that a bunch of land bought near the Interstate was bought by them. Of course all the rumors came from friends and family I have that are working at Dollywood...

daguru

Disney does not make scense some times.

On one hand, they build more parks (particularly overseas) to attrack visitors there. While the other hand complains and can not figure out why they are not getting as many foreign visitors as they used to get.

The majority of asian people are propably going to attend parks in Tokyo and others in the Far East, instead of coming to WDW (although there is still a large amount coming, just because it is WDW). Especially when they hear the people who go to WDW want to see the rides and attractions at the Tokyo parks (the ones that are not exact replicas).

Building a park in North Georgia, Virginia, or any where else is going to do nothing but severly decrease the number of guests at their other parks (and then complain about the lower attendence numbers).

Disney needs to stop adding more parks and work on improving their existing parks. Better attractions, cutting edge rides, and dedication to their existing parks would make them more attractive to vacationers and bring the crowds back.

Thrawn

Account Suspended
daguru said:
Disney does not make scense some times.

On one hand, they build more parks (particularly overseas) to attrack visitors there. While the other hand complains and can not figure out why they are not getting as many foreign visitors as they used to get.

The majority of asian people are propably going to attend parks in Tokyo and others in the Far East, instead of coming to WDW (although there is still a large amount coming, just because it is WDW). Especially when they hear the people who go to WDW want to see the rides and attractions at the Tokyo parks (the ones that are not exact replicas).

Building a park in North Georgia, Virginia, or any where else is going to do nothing but severly decrease the number of guests at their other parks (and then complain about the lower attendence numbers).

Disney needs to stop adding more parks and work on improving their existing parks. Better attractions, cutting edge rides, and dedication to their existing parks would make them more attractive to vacationers and bring the crowds back.

Get a clue before you post. The reason they build overseas is because the parks there are primarily financed by other companies. Disney is just doing the imagineering, on someone else's dime.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=oriental+land+company

As far as the rest of your post:
- They didn't build in VA because the locals didn't want the park, not attendance worries.
- The parks budget HAS been lowered, and, if you haven't noticed, they ARE working on fortifying the existing parks now. Have been since AK opened. But thanks for trying.

Lynx04

I wouldn't like to see Disney build another park in the US. Specially with the way they have been cloning attractions. The key thing with building many different parks is to have unique attractions so you can pull people in. There is pretty much no reason to visit DL if you live near WDW or always frequent the WDW. I can not name one good reason to visit DL, if I always go to WDW. All the attractions in DL are in WDW. I would visit both parks if they both had different attractions that were equally great in concept.

Robfasto

Lynx04 said:
I wouldn't like to see Disney build another park in the US. Specially with the way they have been cloning attractions. The key thing with building many different parks is to have unique attractions so you can pull people in. There is pretty much no reason to visit DL if you live near WDW or always frequent the WDW. I can not name one good reason to visit DL, if I always go to WDW. All the attractions in DL are in WDW. I would visit both parks if they both had different attractions that were equally great in concept.

That is true to a point, I am with most in say that Disney doesn't need another park in the US. But the differences between Disneyland and the Magic Kingdom are numerous. Even though both parks have some of the same attraction the layout and design of them is very different in both parks. Only a few of the attractions in Fantasyland are exact 'clones' of each other, all the other rides (except for Splash Mountain, maybe) although based on a ride from another park are different enough from each other to keep them interesting.

DisneyMemories

Non disney realted but just a side note

dxer07002 said:
Another Six Flags style park. I can see the writing on the wall... Maybe the owners of Cedar Point are thinking of expanding their brand.... This does not sound like Disney to me.[/Q

ok l heard cedar fair owners of cedar point are looking into buying all paramont theme parks within in the next few years. But who knows.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom