Woo-Hoo, got my ADRs all booked!

sbkline

Yesterday was my 180 day mark for our April trip, and I was able too book all my ADRs. We are doing a split stay: 5 nights at All Star Movies, checking in on April 2. And 6 nights at the Grand Floridian, checking in on April 7. I was unsure of a couple things. First, I was unsure if I could book all 11 days yesterday, or only the ADRs for when we are at ASM, and then wait for the 180 day mark for April 7 to book my GF ADRs. I was also unsure how to interpret the "180 + 10", since we are staying a total of 11 nights. Would I only be able to book a total of 10 nights worth of ADRs? Or is is 180 days from check in, and THEN "plus 10"? In other words, April 2 being the first day, and then "plus 10" for a total of 11 days? Turns out that I was able to book all 11 nights worth of ADRs yesterday, so for anyone who may be wondering about those issues, there is your answer.

Here are my ADRs. Mostly ones we've already eaten at, but there are a few new ones and I have some questions on a couple of them.

Tuesay April 2: Maya Grill for supper
Wednesday April 3: Whispering Canyon for supper
Thursday April 4: Mama Melrose for supper
Friday April 5: Cyrstal Palace Breakfast and supper at Le Cellier
Saturday April 6: Chef Mickey's for supper
Sunday April 7: T-Rex for Lunch and 1900 Park Fare for Supper
Monday April 8: Sci-Fi Drive in for supper
Tuesday April 9: Garden Grill for supper
Wednesday April 10: Spirit of Aloha
Thursday April 11: Citricos for supper
Friday April 12: Breakfast at Cinderella Castle and supper at Be Our Guest

I didn't plan it this way but by coincidence it happens that April 10-April 12 are all the restaraunts we have never eaten at before. Well, we've had supper at the Castle before, but never breakfast. Any comments or suggestions on any of the ones we haven't tried before? It will be my wife and I and our 6 year old son and 3 year old daughter. Does the Cindy's breakfast have the photo package like the supper did when we went back in April?

real mad hatter

Awesome,but can i ask you a personal question.What made your decision to jump from 5 nights at value to 6 nights at a deluxe,not only a deluxe,but the flagship of WDW? :)

Upvote 0

sbkline

Original Poster
We normally go for 10 or 11 nights. We've usually stayed at the moderates, except one year when we stayed at the Wilderness Lodge. For our 10 year anniversary, my wife wanted to stay at the Grand Floridian, but of course, it is way too expensive to stay there for the whole 11 nights. So we figured if we did 5 at a value and 6 at the GF, it would average out fairly close to what we would normally pay at a moderate. And I use the Disney Rewards Visa card and I currently have over $1200 of rewards points on it. By April, I expect to have around $1400, which I will cash in to use to pay for our dining. So I figure this trip will cost roughly the same as any other trip, despite staying at the flagship resort for 6 nights.

Upvote 0

cba

Yesterday was my 180 day mark for our April trip, and I was able too book all my ADRs. We are doing a split stay: 5 nights at All Star Movies, checking in on April 2. And 6 nights at the Grand Floridian, checking in on April 7. I was unsure of a couple things. First, I was unsure if I could book all 11 days yesterday, or only the ADRs for when we are at ASM, and then wait for the 180 day mark for April 7 to book my GF ADRs. I was also unsure how to interpret the "180 + 10", since we are staying a total of 11 nights. Would I only be able to book a total of 10 nights worth of ADRs? Or is is 180 days from check in, and THEN "plus 10"? In other words, April 2 being the first day, and then "plus 10" for a total of 11 days? Turns out that I was able to book all 11 nights worth of ADRs yesterday, so for anyone who may be wondering about those issues, there is your answer.

Here are my ADRs. Mostly ones we've already eaten at, but there are a few new ones and I have some questions on a couple of them.

Tuesay April 2: Maya Grill for supper
Wednesday April 3: Whispering Canyon for supper
Thursday April 4: Mama Melrose for supper
Friday April 5: Cyrstal Palace Breakfast and supper at Le Cellier
Saturday April 6: Chef Mickey's for supper
Sunday April 7: T-Rex for Lunch and 1900 Park Fare for Supper
Monday April 8: Sci-Fi Drive in for supper
Tuesday April 9: Garden Grill for supper
Wednesday April 10: Spirit of Aloha
Thursday April 11: Citricos for supper
Friday April 12: Breakfast at Cinderella Castle and supper at Be Our Guest

I didn't plan it this way but by coincidence it happens that April 10-April 12 are all the restaraunts we have never eaten at before. Well, we've had supper at the Castle before, but never breakfast. Any comments or suggestions on any of the ones we haven't tried before? It will be my wife and I and our 6 year old son and 3 year old daughter. Does the Cindy's breakfast have the photo package like the supper did when we went back in April?
I only know few people (actually, none lol) who would stay at two hotel's in one trip. Congrats!

Upvote 0

sbkline

Original Poster
We've eaten at T-Rex 3 times already. Seems to have become one of our traditions with the kids, to take them to T-Rex at some point in the trip. Awesome restaraunt. It has big dinosaurs in the room, and every 20 minutes, the lights go dim and there is a meteor shower. There is a gift shop in the same building, next to the restaraunt, where you can buy dinosaur merchandise, or even build a dinosaur (like a Build-A-Bear).

So can anyone verify if the Cinderella Breakfast includes, in its price, the photo package like they do at supper? I don't know why they wouldn't, especially at those prices, but I just want to find out for sure.

Upvote 0

real mad hatter

We normally go for 10 or 11 nights. We've usually stayed at the moderates, except one year when we stayed at the Wilderness Lodge. For our 10 year anniversary, my wife wanted to stay at the Grand Floridian, but of course, it is way too expensive to stay there for the whole 11 nights. So we figured if we did 5 at a value and 6 at the GF, it would average out fairly close to what we would normally pay at a moderate. And I use the Disney Rewards Visa card and I currently have over $1200 of rewards points on it. By April, I expect to have around $1400, which I will cash in to use to pay for our dining. So I figure this trip will cost roughly the same as any other trip, despite staying at the flagship resort for 6 nights.
Good call:)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom