Wonders of Life temporarily opening:

packwingfn

Someone should ask a cast member and find out if the Wonders of Life pavillion will be open past December 31st, or is it just open because of the Holidays?

I think with the Land closing, it HAS to be open, Future World will just be dead, and Mission Space & Test Track lines will be ridiciously long even during the dead month of January.

I would really appreciate it.

12 MORE DAYS!!!!

General Grizz

packwingfn said:
Someone should ask a cast member and find out if the Wonders of Life pavillion will be open past December 31st, or is it just open because of the Holidays?

I think with the Land closing, it HAS to be open, Future World will just be dead, and Mission Space & Test Track lines will be ridiciously long even during the dead month of January.

I would really appreciate it.

12 MORE DAYS!!!!
The cast wouldn't/doesn't know yet - unless management has decided. They have yet to decide from what I know, but they ARE considering it.

I hope it's open, too. :)

If not while the Land is closed, at least during Spring Break . . .

packwingfn

at least during january 3rd till the 8th ;)

I LOVE cranium commmand, the jokes crack me up every time. my epcot trip wont the same without it.

Chux

Attendance was pretty good when we went to WoL on Monday. Cranium Command, and Body Wars both had packed houses.

o0astrex0o

I was there on Saturday and Body Wars was completely dead. You could sit spaced out. Cranium Command was also not even full. At first I thought it was closed because there was no one there.

General Grizz

o0astrex0o said:
I was there on Saturday and Body Wars was completely dead. You could sit spaced out. Cranium Command was also not even full. At first I thought it was closed because there was no one there.
At what time did you visit?

dxwwf3

DisneyInsider said:
Its good to see the building being used for something. I don't care if they come up with a new idea for the space (as long as it isn't a JII type remake), but don't leave the building unused. If you don't have something to start building, then allow us to enhoy what is there.

I completely agree with you. Now I would prefer WoL to stay forever, but I not that isn't going to happen and it's probably not the best thing to happen. But there is no excuse to just having the building sit there and collect dust. If they are getting ready to replace it, then go ahead an do it. But this great pavilion shouldn't be seasonal.

Lynx04

dxwwf3 said:
But there is no excuse to just having the building sit there and collect dust.
Well they have their reasons behind keeping it closed and only open it during peak times (low pop, outdated, doesn't wornt the cost to maintain, etc). Are they good reasons? Some think not, others do. I am pass the fact that they have decided to put WOL in the seasonal status that they have. I am looking forward to seeing what they decide to place there in the future.

I still think that nothing will be decided on until after observations are made on how the Soarin effects the crowd and attendence increase. Maybe WOL could be the future sight to a 25th anniversary attraction.

dxwwf3

Lynx04 said:
Well they have their reasons behind keeping it closed and only open it during peak times (low pop, outdated, doesn't wornt the cost to maintain, etc). Are they good reasons? Some think not, others do. I am pass the fact that they have decided to put WOL in the seasonal status that they have. I am looking forward to seeing what they decide to place there in the future.

I still think that nothing will be decided on until after observations are made on how the Soarin effects the crowd and attendence increase. Maybe WOL could be the future sight to a 25th anniversary attraction.

Well I should have been more clear on that statement. I'm not against seasonal operation as long as it is open in the summer season (Late May-Early August). That and the holidays are the biggest times of the year and there is no excuse for WoL not to be open during the summer. Same thing goes for Timekeeper which was also closed during most of this summer.

Lynx04

dxwwf3 said:
no excuse for WoL not to be open during the summer. Same thing goes for Timekeeper which was also closed during most of this summer.
I do agree that WOL should be opened during the busies days of the summer months. Even if not everyday, just the days EPCOT is expected to have high attendence

packwingfn

I say at least have it open during the Land's closure, check attendence etc, (doesnt the land's pavillion have a gate that counts how many enter the building?) then close it when the Land re-opens then work on doing updates or changing the whole thing around then.

AEfx

dxwwf3 said:
I completely agree with you. Now I would prefer WoL to stay forever, but I not that isn't going to happen and it's probably not the best thing to happen. But there is no excuse to just having the building sit there and collect dust. If they are getting ready to replace it, then go ahead an do it. But this great pavilion shouldn't be seasonal.
I agree.

I'm no fan of WoL, to be honest. Body Wars is the only WDW ride that has ever made me physically ill, which is funny since I never had a problem with Star Tours. The shows inside are...alright, I guess. I just haven't had a need to visit them since it opened in the 80's when I sat through them awkwardly with my family.

But if it's still there, I wish they'd keep it open - only to pull people away from the attractions I do like, hehe.

I won't shed a tear when it comes down, as long as a suitable repalcement comes after. I'm honestly surprised people like WoL so much - I guess I just never "got" it. I don't think it held a candle to WoM or Horizons, but that's just me. It may be because I was there for it's opening and therefore it's never really felt like an intregal part of Epcot for me.

AEfx

I have 2 thoughts on this one...

1. SOMEONE GET GOOD VIDEO!!!!!!!!!!!!! If this is truly WoL's last stand, we need as much video as possible.

2. If they do decide to close it, hopefully they will tear it down and make that the new walkway to the EXPANDED Future World with new pavilions :sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom