Wondering if people still sending postcards from WDW ?

StarWarsGirl

I sometimes send postcards. Usually to my grandma and other relatives, along with one of my best friends. I only send them to people I know will appreciate them.

For me, it's less about, "Oh, we can't talk on vacation" and more about, "I'm thinking of you and thought that you would enjoy getting a postcard."

I also went to WDW when I graduated high school and sent my parents, who helped pay for the trip as a graduation gift, a postcard just to be silly...

DfromATX

No, it's not just a French thing. It's something Americans have done as well, maybe more so in the past. I guess it's just old fashioned now, kind of like sending Christmas cards. I still buy post cards, but only of the hotels we stay at so I can collect them for my memory and I don't mail them to anyone. I do remember at one or two I had trouble finding cards of the hotel so maybe they are getting away from it, but I hope not.

DfromATX

I sometimes send postcards. Usually to my grandma and other relatives, along with one of my best friends. I only send them to people I know will appreciate them.

Grandmas would like getting them. They are from the days of good penmanship. Before my grandma died (well over 10 years ago), I used to write her handwritten letters because I had moved to a different city. She loved them! She would even call my mom up and read them to her lol. I miss her so much.

Rob562

However, I've honestly never heard of anyone actually sending a postcard to anyone. Except when I sent one two weeks ago from Hawaii to a friend back home. That was the first postcard I ever sent.. I felt kind of ripped off, TBH. Cuz my friend just sent a text the day she got it saying "thanks for the postcard.. But it was kind of pointless sending it. I mean we're texting right now anyways"

Wait until you're a little older (your profile says you're 17) and your peers perhaps aren't quite as jaded. Folks will begin to appreciate the time you took to send a postcard or hand-written thank-you note, and even remember the gesture for a long time.

I'm in my late-30's and I always make sure to send thank-you notes every time I go to any kind of organized party (anything that's more than a spur-of-the-moment "come over and hang out" thing), or for a weekend visit to friends. I even have a stack of vintage postcards from the 40's through the 70's that sometimes I use instead of cards. Trust me, they stand out and are remembered.

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom