Wondering about Wonders

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Hear's the dealio...

Merf wandered about Epcot aimlessly tonight. (btw, the inferno barge burnoff is at 10:20) and in that time i decided to wander to Wonders of Life.

It's black, pitch black, as in no light escapes the vortex type black. I don't think its just that dark in there. Wonders is never that dark. I think they blacked out the windows. I mean gooey oatmeal tar that eats your security officer type black (for da trekkies).

So.. we've heard of renovations.. anyone know what's going on?

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Okie, here's pitch black Wonders.. marvel at the pitch-blackness.

VFLIO-771099666-100_2983.JPG

And for good measure, here's the mirror column at night..

ZXSCD-491102157-100_2990.JPG

And count the burnt out bulbs on the Wand!

FVKNJ-17338156-100_2988.JPG

More pics of the Soarin queue upgrades in a little bit.

TinkerBell9988

Was EPCOT extremely crowded? I was over at Disney-MGM Studios today, and the crowds were pretty strong.

Its a shame that Wonders of Life sits there like a rotting corpse.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
New queue at Soarin..

REWXA-73102548-100_2980.JPG

And closer up...

DLGDI-19139481-100_2981.JPG

Finally - they took out the LED boards by the monorail station:

ZCQWD-62673911-100_2976.JPG

Gonna go throw a photo in the japan crane thread, and that's it for tonight :)

Figment82

Oh I just posted in the other thread that there was a small crane or cherry picker there 2 nights ago and jackhammering going on as well. It was in between UoE and WoL.

ImaYoyo

Hey Merf,
Wonders is CLOSED closed right now (no events, period) to make room and preparations for it being the Food and Wine Festival Center.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
For some reaosn, my favorite picture is the one of the guy staring at the ticket prices and thinking. I bet he is wondering whether he'll need a second mortgage to pay for his ticket!:ROFLOL:

SirNim

OMG! *gag* I knew that the bulbs were burnt out... But I didn't know that many were burnt out! *gag* That makes me queasy!! :lookaroun

SDav10495

Oh, and the Soarin' queue looks as though its new artwork has sprung from some combination of the styles of Eyvind Earle and Mary Blair! I like it!

Eh, that's nice...but do the new screens serve a purpose? One of the reasons I thought Soarin' was such a fitting addition to The Land was because the crowds were actually learning a lot from the ecosystem quizzes and were getting visibly more interested, at least for the time being, about their environment. I'm confused as to what these new screens do and how they're a thematic "plus". :shrug:

Thanks for the photos, merf! Gaahhh...Mirror-column-at-night goodness... :eek: Did they ever (or would they ever) install color-changing lights inside SSE's legs so that the mirror column itself would become its own light show when it reflects them? They could synch it with the (hopefully) new lights illuminating the outside of SSE...I think that would be pretty cool.

jmuboy

Eh - not sure I like the new Soarin' screens. I too appreciated the educational aspects of the old version. Not sure that is the case anymore.

RedSoxPirate

New Soarin' queue is supposed to be interactive. The screens are guided by guest interaction and allow the guests to virtually enjoy several different landscapes ... and sometimes see what happens when those landscapes collide. (Snowballs in the desert anyone?)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom