Wod Ny?

kirkytpt

Original Poster
I'm going on my first trip to New York in 40 days and I've heard about and am going to the WOD store there. Can anyone tell me what this is like compared with the WOD store in Downtown Disney in WDW please?

Mickifan17

I've been there several times being from NY. It's huge. It's 3 floors plus a basement. They have characters on the top floor. Check out www.worldofdisney.com for more info on characters and events. Have a great trip! Welcome to New York.

imagineerfan

The WOD store in NYC is built-up vertically, opposed to the one in WDW which has many rooms connected on one level. It's deffinetly smaller in NYC, but is still really cool. Make sure you check out all of the close details in the building, e.g. when going up the escalators check out the pillars on your right, do you they remind you of a certain organ from Snow White? Also be sure to check out the things hanging from the ceiling when you take the stairs from the second to third floors. Most importantly, like all Disney attractions, be sure to look out for hidden mickeys. Enjoy!

Dan

TTATraveler

I think the World of Disney in New York is more toy and kid based than in WDW and DL. There isn't a lot of adult clothing as there is in Florida. I also think there are more collectables in Florida than there is in NYC.

nicholas

My office is only a few blocks from WOD, so sometimes I;ll stop by just for a quick
Disney fix. Here are some pics I took there last month.

An overview of the store:
Picture045.jpg

Me goofing around:
Picture049.jpg

And of course...
Picture050.jpg

AliciaLuvzDizne

nyctake2009.jpg

nyctake2010.jpg

from this weekend

I've also seen Max and Goofy there.
they have a times schedule that will let you know what characters are there and when.
LaborDayWeekend019.jpg

kirkytpt

Original Poster
Number_6 said:
I see the Beauty and the Beast poster in your avatar, are you going to be seeing that while you are there?

yea i am going to be seeing it while i'm there. i'v seen it twice on the west end aswell i think its amazing i cant wait to see on broadway. im also going to be seeing the lion king.

kirkytpt

Original Poster
Well Ive come back from NY now. I went to WOD and I thought it was amazing :) . I spent a little too much money in there aswell.:lookaroun But it was worth it. I added to my pin collection! :sohappy: Beauty and the Beast was really good! But, Gaston forgot his line in "Gaston":eek: . woops! But my trip was amazing! :sohappy:

kirkytpt

Original Poster
Seeing your avatar....I'm going to see "Wicked" on the West End in December. We were supposed to see that in NY but ended up not being able to get tickets so I can't wait.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom