With the Price Increases and Cuts, Are you Delaying your Visit?

When are you planning on going to WDW next?

• This Year (2016)

• Next Year when Avatar opens (2017)

• Not until Star Wars Land finally opens

• No Way. I can't afford to go anymore.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Seanual757

APH @ DVC owner who lives local with 3 girls so it's really a non factor for me until they start to ruin our kids experience then I will look at dumping my DVC and AP's at that point. I do not see it coming to that but as long as we are having fun as a family during out 3 trips a year we take to WDW.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I usually try to go to WDW once a year in the spring, during Flower and Garden Festival time.

This is the first time in years that I'm debating whether to drop the water parks option off the tickets, and just get the Hopper option. Trying to look for ways to cut back a little. Guess I'll just use the pool at the hotel.

Yes, I realize that things get more expensive each year, but I was stunned to see how much more expensive the tickets are this year, from past years. For myself, I think I've finally hit "the wall" with this latest round of increased ticket prices.

Tay

My family's going for a holiday we haven't decided yet. I was planning on getting Jags season tickets and an AP and go whenever they had a home game, fall break, Halloween Christmas, my birthday weekend and a marathon but now I'm not. I'm going to Disneyland before the end of the 60th. I planned on getting a Disney Visa for my 60th trip to help out with all the things I wanted to do at WDW but I'll get another card.

I may do a day at Magic Kingdom when Nintendoland opens up at Universal. There's other things to do and other Disney Parks around the world to visit. Perfect time for me to finally go to Disneyland Paris, save up for the Tokyo Olympics and Tokyo Disney, Universal Japan and Singapore

Last edited:

copcarguyp71

None of the choices were..."when I feel there is fair return on my dollar". When the magic and "Disney bubble" is congruent to the cost we will be back. When we don't have to plan and schedule our every move like an OCD savant on Red Bull. Until then...viva la caribbean!!!!

MickeyMomV

Prices go up every year and every year there is always construction going on, some rides are down and some reopen or new ones open up. I'm not sure why this year should be any different. The current price increases don't effect us as we already had our trip book but if even if we hadn't booked yet we would still be going.

wendysue

Definitely scaling back. Value resorts only, no dining, no park hoppers, eat off site more, bring food with us. We still have fun, but it's not like it used to be. Used to go twice a year, but this year once, and will probably start skipping years.

bjlc57

well we went three times in 4 years.. and the last trip ,, because we were never there for Christmas, would have been too soon.. its not special if you go too soon.. at least not for me.. it will be at least two years from two weeks from now.. the week of march 17th.. at the earliest.. and maybe just maybe disney has hurt themselves.. what is funny is that the media is outraged.. and not just the hardcore fans here.. there is a true black eye that Disney is wearing after this announcement.. now we need to find out how many people are going to continue to hit that eye until they roll this one back.. no one business ever, is bullet proof.. completely teflon.. some where some time.. something is really going to stick and really going to hurt them.. this may be the one.. if not .. its NOT FAR DOWN THE ROAD.. this pricing announcement is at ANTI WALT as you can get.. and if he could intervene HE WOULD .. in a New York Minute..

Jimmy Thick

Iam leaving tomorrow morning for four night at Universal and then eleven nights at WDW for a wedding, looking forward to what Disney offers in that reguard.

Disney has been such a huge part in my families life I find it impossible to cut it out cold turkey. No way we stop going anytime soon.

Jimmy Thick- Like millions of others.

tk924

Still going this year. Already had reservations and tickets. But, I'm sure there will be a point in the future where Disney prices my family out. It's just economics. As much fun as we have at Disney, I refuse to borrow in order to go.
Again, the line from Jurassic Park jumps into my head...

"And we can charge anything we want. 2,000 a day, 10,000 a day, and people will pay it."

Brad Bishop

I was really hoping there would be an option for "Forget this. I'm done."

That's where I'm at.

I have an AP pass that expires around Labor Day. Normally I'd make a few trips a year. Now? No.

It's not even the surge pricing. I think that is actually a good idea. It's the general attitude of taking the guest for granted. Other bits that are, individually, not that big of a deal but collectively annoy me:
- Epcot is dormant (We'll have festivals - they'll still come.)
- DHS has been dormant for a long time (We'll do Star Wars Weekend and cheerleading - they'll still come).
- AK is all boarded up and has been for a while..
- MK - NFL looks nice. Rides are "meh". I'm not even looking for an E-ticket ride but something that is unique/immersive would be nice.
- Dining was always expensive but has recently gotten, IMO, really expensive.
- Planning (better make dining reservations 6 months out and then you have to do FP+, what?, 90 days out?)
- Monorail: maybe it works. Maybe it doesn't. Maybe it's not running a good part of the day..
- World Showcase players gone.
- Other little cuts - stupid little things.
- Fundamentally changing the nature of the park (The hub is now an amphitheater instead of a park; Frozen is now a country; etc.)

Yeah, they're trying to play catch-up a bit with DHS and AK. It really just smacks of "too little, too late" to me.

So, I don't have any plans in the foreseeable future to visit. I certainly won't be visiting as often as I did. I'll probably go again at sometime in the future (maybe a decade out) but I'll be visiting other places more.

Most of it really boils down to Disney's current attitude of, "Doesn't matter what we do - they'll come and pay, anyway..." It's off-putting.

raven

That's where I'm at.

I have an AP pass that expires around Labor Day. Normally I'd make a few trips a year. Now? No.

It's not even the surge pricing. I think that is actually a good idea. It's the general attitude of taking the guest for granted. Other bits that are, individually, not that big of a deal but collectively annoy me:
- Epcot is dormant (We'll have festivals - they'll still come.)
- DHS has been dormant for a long time (We'll do Star Wars Weekend and cheerleading - they'll still come).
- AK is all boarded up and has been for a while..
- MK - NFL looks nice. Rides are "meh". I'm not even looking for an E-ticket ride but something that is unique/immersive would be nice.
- Dining was always expensive but has recently gotten, IMO, really expensive.
- Planning (better make dining reservations 6 months out and then you have to do FP+, what?, 90 days out?)
- Monorail: maybe it works. Maybe it doesn't. Maybe it's not running a good part of the day..
- World Showcase players gone.
- Other little cuts - stupid little things.
- Fundamentally changing the nature of the park (The hub is now an amphitheater instead of a park; Frozen is now a country; etc.)

Yeah, they're trying to play catch-up a bit with DHS and AK. It really just smacks of "too little, too late" to me.

So, I don't have any plans in the foreseeable future to visit. I certainly won't be visiting as often as I did. I'll probably go again at sometime in the future (maybe a decade out) but I'll be visiting other places more.

Most of it really boils down to Disney's current attitude of, "Doesn't matter what we do - they'll come and pay, anyway..." It's off-putting.
I completely agree with everything you have said. I too am tired of them draining guests wallets and in return give them a tired-looking experience.

Here's what happens when you raise price: Guests expectations go WAY up because they want a lot for their money (not uncommon). In reality they are getting a completely jam packed theme park with parts of attractions broken, crazy rules on how you have to plan your day and reduced entertainment. Not a great business plan if you ask me.

I've already seen several posts on Facebook about people simply forgoing their Disney vacations now and heading elsewhere to get a better bang for their buck. The "free" offers (Free Dining, etc) aren't actually free because they make you spend more money elsewhere as part of the deal. It's all an illusion. I've been telling people to visit Orlando but stay OFF property (much cheaper with more spacious rooms) and see the Orlando outside of the mousetrap.

Matt in the Hatt

We have a trip booked for September (birthday celebration for me) and have talked about doing disney land next year for our 5th anniversary. Beyond that I suppose i am at wait and see, even if we took a couple years off i couldnt see being able to stay away once star wars opens. Fortunately we are d.i.n.k.s (duel income no kids) and we live within our means so the price hikes are a bummer they are not prohibitive for us, yet

Already have the annual passes and everything planned otherwise we wouldn't be. We're talking about taking 2-4 years off after Avatar Land due to the amount of closures, increase in costs, cuts and lack of felt 'value' for our money spent.
Hopefully something will give us a reason to come back in upcoming years :rolleyes:

FigmentPigments

I actually am only travelling now when I have a race down there, so I pretty much go every year. However, like a lot of people above, it's a scaled back trip. I try and stay cheap, no park tickets, no dining plan, and the number of days are limited just to include the races. It's getting very expensive to spend a whole week like we use to. :( I used to stay a couple days before or after a race, but it's just not feasible anymore.

JohnD

Thought about going in May for F&G Festival. Work schedule might make it difficult. So, will probably do one trip in October (unlike last year when I went twice to SWW and in early November for Osborne Lights). This way I consolidate as much into one trip as possible -- Rivers of Light, nighttime Safaris, new Soarin, Frozen ride, SW fireworks, F&W festival, and MNSSHP. Probably will be only trip in 2016.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom