With the audio transition between the sight and sound labs off by half a second...

Cosmic Commando

If you think that's bad, try doing the Sound Lab with no sound! It happened in May. Dark room, Figment is moving and lit, but not talking, dark room, blast of air, next room.

Something better needs to go there, but I will still miss it when it's gone.

Mr Bill

The main Disney Twitter account has been giving an unusual amount of attention to the Imagination pavilion lately. :lookaroun

JimboJones123

Original Poster
With 50 variations on the new Star Tours, why can't they bring back a non skunk smell from the original Smell Lab for every few rides?

I also noticed the Butterfly Effect was off by a good 2+ inches today. Weird to see that screwed up for the first time.

mimitchi33

With 50 variations on the new Star Tours, why can't they bring back a non skunk smell from the original Smell Lab for every few rides?
No! Keep the skunk! Keep the skunk! It perfectly fits the plot of the current ride, "Figment tries to ruin the Imagination Institute tour by doing bad stuff in order to captivate people's imagination".

If you think that's bad, try doing the Sound Lab with no sound! It happened in May. Dark room, Figment is moving and lit, but not talking, dark room, blast of air, next room. Something better needs to go there, but I will still miss it when it's gone.

Congratulations! You were one of the lucky ones to visit the all-new DEAFNESS LAB! :ROFLOL: (No pun intended). :p

^^ Same thing happened here. The past few visits that I did make the attraction, it broke each time.
After reading this topic, I noticed your post and had to comment, did all the labs have no sound and no effects?

nelsonj3

That audio transition has been off every time I've been on the ride for the past few years. I always thought it was strange too.

Admiral01

Premium Member
I've never ridden the current version where the audio wasn't off between those two scenes. I actually almost missed my flight home because the ride broke down back in October 2009 and we got stuck.

What a waste of space at EPCOT. The building is beautiful, and need not go the way of Horizons...but the ride itself has needed to be gutted and re-built into something close to the original since, say, around October 1, 1999.

dxwwf3

It's always bothered me with that too. Actually that audio has been off on timing for as long as I can remember on that ride

comics101

It's always bothered me with that too. Actually that audio has been off on timing for as long as I can remember on that ride

I was just about to post the same thing. I can't remember a ride where the audio in that area wasn't off. Every trip I always wonder why it hasn't been fixed...I can't imagine it would be very costly to fix the audio transition.

Omnimover

That audio transition has been off every time I've been on the ride for the past few years. I always thought it was strange too.

Maybe they're having trouble finding time to do a refurb when there are always such long lines for the attraction? They wouldn't want to close a major draw like that!

I kid, I kid. ;)

RSoxNo1

No! Keep the skunk! Keep the skunk! It perfectly fits the plot of the current ride, "Figment tries to ruin the Imagination Institute tour by doing bad stuff in order to captivate people's imagination".

mimitchi, You're right that with Figment ruining the ride it makes some sense - however I'm with Jimbo on this. I think this should actually be a real chance for what they offer as a smell. Couple that with the fact that they've toned down any of the foul smells in the parks it defeats the purpose.

thelookingglass

Yeah, I've noticed this for as long as I can remember, actually. Another thing that bugs me about the audio on the ride is how in some spots you can barely hear what they're saying.

But if you wanna talk about audio being horribly out of sync... look no further than Tower of Terror in its' current state.

bluelobster

Last time I was on the ride, back in May, the ride broke down while my car was in the smell lab. Possibly the single most unpleasant experience I've had at Disney.

TheDisneyMagic

The biggest issue I always find with audio on the current ride is coming in to the final scanner scene. If you are sitting in the first three cars, as you pull in to the scene the Imagination song can loudlz be heard from the train in front over the correct audio.

Magicstylerz

I think the time may finally have come to redo the Imagination ride.

I agree 100%. Eric Idle is a funny dude, but this attraction is in serious need of an upgrade. It didn't break at all when i was on it, and all the effects seemed to be working, but the ride itself is just straight up lame. The 5 year old kids in the seat in front of me seemed just as uninterested as I did. In fact, every kid i saw on the ride appeared to be having a much better time at the play-area near the exit.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom