With Its Theme Park Aging, Disney Faces New Challenges

col

MartyMouse said:
No offense intended - the Brits were very nice but without trying to single out any one people we had some issues (more than one) with German teens and perhaps I just don’t get French culture but I watched a French father tell his son to take a leek in the bushes next to their version of the Star Jets (Astro Orbiter) instead of walking 20 feet to use the restroom. I don’t like to say bad things about anybody - but it seemed that personal space and respect for lines and property didn’t seem to be a factor with the non-english speaking European guests. That being said the French (people – not government) were very nice to us after we found ourselves stranded there because of the September 11th attacks.

i didnt mean to be nasty to you by asking what did you mean, sorry if you took it another way. i totally agree with you europeans- including most brits- are disgusting. i cant stand living over here. when i go to america and where ever i am i myself have respect for people and their country. thats why when i always go to america i make the most of it as i love it in america and respect there rules and laws but not all of us are the same. take me and my sister she just doesnt care about anything shes disgusting but me and her are like chalk and cheese; where completely different.

MartyMouse

Col … have you been to DLP?
Do you agree with me that it has a completely different feel but yet still captures the Disney magic?

Again no offense meant to you or your fellow Europeans, it was just an observation I made during my 7 days I spent there (the last 3 because I couldn’t get home).

Where in Europe are you?

col

MartyMouse said:
Col … have you been to DLP?
Do you agree with me that it has a completely different feel but yet still captures the Disney magic?

Again no offense meant to you or your fellow Europeans, it was just an observation I made during my 7 days I spent there (the last 3 because I couldn’t get home).

Where in Europe are you?

no offence taken, dont worry about it.
ive never been to disneyland paris-i might go for my 21st though.even i know that its nothing like walt disney world, just an immitation but i would give it a chance. i know what people are like there is good and bad everywhere. im from crappy britain and i hate it, where are you from?

Sergeant Tibbs

peter11435 said:
Sergeant Tibbs said:
1. Disneyland
2. Disney's California Adventure
3. Magic Kingdom
4. Epcot
5. Disney-MGM Studios
6. Animal Kingdom
7.Tokyo Disneyland
8.Tokyo DisneySea
9.Disneyland Paris
10. Walt Disney Studios Paris
11. Hong Kong Disneyland

I feel pretty stupid now. i thought it meant 11 different locations:eek: My bad.

peter11435

Sergeant Tibbs said:
peter11435 said:
I feel pretty stupid now. i thought it meant 11 different locations:eek: My bad.
In that case there are only five like you said
1. Disneyland Resort
2. Walt Disney World Resort
3. Tokyo Disneyland Resort
4. Disneyland Resort Paris
5. Hong Kong Disneyland Resort

stitchcastle

I really think it would work, let's say they have 10 resort destinations around the world:

Anaheim
Orlando
Tokyo
Paris
Hong Kong
India
Australia
South Korea
South Africa
Dubai

All 10 destinations would NOT take away from each other since they are all entire countries away from each other and not only that, each resort is more targeted to the local residents. Which would make Disney an even more legendary name that might even serve as a country's status symbol of sorts.

If each park will be given a fresh and unique spin on the Disneyland concept, Everybody wins. Each park could be a reflection of the country in which it is situated in while still celebrating the magic and virtues of the stories of Walt Disney which has become the backbone of family entertainment around the world.

Also, families in those countries who don't have the luxury of making their way to America or just can't squeeze in an american Disney vacation to their schedule would now be accomodated by these parks.

sorry, i'm not really that good at delivering a decent argument, just stating an opinion :D

General Grizz

Anyone up for a "Dumbo, the Flying Elephant" in your local mall?

Acclaimed Disney author David Koeing predicted the following if Eisner stayed in power:

Nonetheless, the Theme Park Division has experienced explosive growth. There are now mini-Magic Kingdoms in 77 countries and 49 states (sorry, Nebraska). Disney has made the design and construction process so standardized and streamlined that each park now comes in a kit that can be assembled in five weeks. The Main Entrance has been renamed "Main Street" and each of the three lands inside offers one attraction—that you can ride over and over again for a single price of admission!

Full article: http://www.mouseplanet.com/david/dk040116.htm

mwc1996

It makes perfect sense to go into other markets. It is just not possible for most people to get to the Disney parks where they are now (in a global sense). Why wouldn't you want to spread the magic to places like Austrialia, South Korea, and South America. Look at it this way. The theme parks are a BIG money maker for Disney. They want and need to build more to make more money for their shareholders. They could build more here in the states which would negatively affect their current parks. Or they could build over seas and open up the posibbility of a Disney Vacation to Hundreds of Millions people with little to no effect to their current parks. The more people that can visit your parks the more money you stand to make. It makes perfect business sense. Where do I sign up to buy my Disney Stock...Oh Wait...I alreday have 100 shares. :D

MartyMouse

col said:
no offence taken, dont worry about it.
ive never been to disneyland paris-i might go for my 21st though.even i know that its nothing like walt disney world, just an immitation but i would give it a chance. i know what people are like there is good and bad everywhere. im from crappy britain and i hate it, where are you from?

I'm from West Palm Beach FL so I go to WDW all the time, however I wouldn't call DLP an immitation it's got it's own good points.

wannab@dis

General Grizz said:
Anyone up for a "Dumbo, the Flying Elephant" in your local mall?

Acclaimed Disney author David Koeing predicted the following if Eisner stayed in power:

Full article: http://www.mouseplanet.com/david/dk040116.htm

That is one pitiful article... I'm surprised you even linked that Grizz. It's a good thing that Roy "won" and Iger is now in the lead. I'd hate for any of those predictions to come true. :rolleyes:

General Grizz

wannab@dis said:
That is one pitiful article... I'm surprised you even linked that Grizz. It's a good thing that Roy "won" and Iger is now in the lead. I'd hate for any of those predictions to come true. :rolleyes:
... for entertainment purposes... :D Of course Koenig wasn't serious about most of that.

col

MartyMouse said:
I'm from West Palm Beach FL so I go to WDW all the time, however I wouldn't call DLP an immitation it's got it's own good points.

ok so its not an immitation but lets face it the oringinals are the classics. you are really lucky to visit wdw all the time ive only been to wdw 8 times but in december it will be my 9th time.

:xmas:

peter11435

col said:
ok so its not an immitation but lets face it the oringinals are the classics. you are really lucky to visit wdw all the time ive only been to wdw 8 times but in december it will be my 9th time.

:xmas:
While I think that WDW is the best. IMHO Disneyland Paris's Magic Kingdom is FAR superior to WDW's Magic Kingdom in nearly every way but location.

col

peter11435 said:
While I think that WDW is the best. IMHO Disneyland Paris's Magic Kingdom is FAR superior to WDW's Magic Kingdom in nearly every way but location.

im not going to pass judgement on it coz i havent been there before but my cousin has and she said that it is not a patch on WDW and she is a disney nut and i would take her opinion coz she would know what shes talking about.but as i said im not dissin' it.

peter11435

col said:
im not going to pass judgement on it coz i havent been there before but my cousin has and she said that it is not a patch on WDW and she is a disney nut and i would take her opinion coz she would know what shes talking about.but as i said im not dissin' it.
Well she is right that DLP is nothing compared to WDW, however when you compare Magic Kingdom to Magic Kingdom it is hard to see where DLP does not win when you consider the superior themeing, detail, and landscaping. The park is full of great attractions and updated versions of the classics. DLP's Magic Kingdom is like the Tokyo DisneySea of Magic Kingdom's at the time of its development no expense was spared and every element where you look the theming and detail in the park is amazing.

MartyMouse

peter11435 said:
I hate to say it but I think you may be right the only thing that WDW’s Magic Kingdom has over DLP is the friendlier atmosphere. The park at DLP is bigger and laid out better, the themeing is amazing (however the Tarzan show could have been placed somewhere other than Frontierland) Discoveryland was the best “Tomorrowland” I have ever seen and their Main Street seemed more roomy. It’s true that the Walt Disney World Resort as a whole has more to offer but for what it is, DLP is nice and well laid out especially all the hotels.

col said:

Yes please give it a try and keep an open mind … oh and try to stay at the Disneyland Paris Hotel, it’s amazing, however I stayed at the Newport and it was great as well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom