With Its Theme Park Aging, Disney Faces New Challenges

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
I dont know what my teens want tommorow so how are they able to state what teens will be into in 10 - 20 years.

A good story that captures the imagination has worked for centuries, how its told may change but its the story that counts.

stitchcastle

peter11435 said:
While I think that WDW is the best. IMHO Disneyland Paris's Magic Kingdom is FAR superior to WDW's Magic Kingdom in nearly every way but location.

Disneyland Paris' Magic Kingdom is the greatest of all the Magic Kingdom, the sheer scale and grandeur of the themeing and the layout blows away all the other MK style parks.

If you were to put together Disneyland Paris, Tokyo DisneySea, Westcot, The original complete Disney's Animal Kingdom and the pre-mickey hat Disney-MGM Studios, then you'd have one heck of a Disney Resort.

peter11435

stitchcastle said:
If you were to put together Disneyland Paris, Tokyo DisneySea, Westcot, The original complete Disney's Animal Kingdom and the pre-mickey hat Disney-MGM Studios, then you'd have one heck of a Disney Resort.

That would certainly be the best Disney resort in the world. If only they would build a complete version of Tokyo DisneySea in Florida.

col

i was watching sky news today which is the sister station to fox news and it had a segment about disneys 50 th birthday-it said that disneyland paris is in $1.3 billion debt.

Pumbas Nakasak

col said:
i was watching sky news today which is the sister station to fox news and it had a segment about disneys 50 th birthday-it said that disneyland paris is in $1.3 billion debt.

which is a shock given that 4 days in Paris costs almost as much as 14 in Florida.

peter11435

col said:
Every company is in "debt." When WDW build AK for 800 million they do not simply hand over that money. That cost is considered debt untill the park is completly paid off. The only time having debt becomes an issue is when you are unable to make the payments on that debt. If you own a house, a car, or have a credit card that is not paid off then you too are in "debt," not nearly has high but debt none the less.

col

peter11435 said:
Every company is in "debt." When WDW build AK for 800 million they do not simply hand over that money. That cost is considered debt untill the park is completly paid off. The only time having debt becomes an issue is when you are unable to make the payments on that debt. If you own a house, a car, or have a credit card that is not paid off then you too are in "debt," not nearly has high but debt none the less.

i was just stating what i heard on the news it also said that disneyland paris is not meeting its visitors-it said that 12 million have visited disneyland paris which is way low to what the expect.

epcot2004

speck76 said:
Wrong.....

You can only dilute the public if you over-saturate the market....and that is FAR from being the case.

I would respectfully disagree. They are having trouble with attendance as it is. Too much supply, not enough demand... in my opinion. :)

speck76

Original Poster
epcot2004 said:
I would respectfully disagree. They are having trouble with attendance as it is. Too much supply, not enough demand... in my opinion. :)

On the current markets that they are in....yes, which is why it makes no sense to build more parks in FL or CA.

Not everyone in the world has access to a park within reasonable expense. Those markets are what my comment relates to.

Pumbas Nakasak

epcot2004 said:

In Paris's case its too much park too few proper attractions. And its in France, and Im sure ive read somewhere that there are more guests from other nationalities than the host nation.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom