With Hours Cut, What to do at night on the property?

civileng68

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Ok, im going next weekend for 15 nights. WE all know the hours have been cut to the point that now we need to find things to do at night.

What suggestions should all us Disney vacationers take to enjoy disney until later in the evening. This is an open discussion.

I am not a clubber so PI won't be for me.

Also, I would like these suggestions to consist of things ON THE PROPERTY. I really don't want to go out into orlando. I live in FL and don't care much to ride around Orlando at night. I want to stay in the magic.

Let's discuss!:lookaroun

Purdue129

My vacation at WDW starts Sunday, and I've been thinking about the same question...

...we're staying at the Boardwalk Villas, so the Boardwalk will offer some nighttime activities. We also plan on saving Downtown Disney 'til after the parks close. Those are my two ideas/suggestions. Looking forward to hearing other's ideas with what to do with so much time at night.

GrumpysGal

Well,

I recommened maybe going to see the dinner show Hoop-De-Dooh Revue which is at the Ft. Wilderness Resort and Campground.(Make sure you make reservations for this..) I absolutely love the show. It's a lot of fun! And you can also try to take their hayride and participate in their campfire sing-a-longs at the resort as well.

I also like to head to the pool and hot tub a little after dinner and after a long day at the park. You can also play volleyball, for example, in like Coronado Springs. I am sure all resorts, as well, have some kind of recreational activity.

These are just some ideas that pop into my head at the moment. I am sure more will later on. I'll be back...LOL
Hope this helps some...

*Erika*

no2apprentice

At the AKL, every night there is a storytelling time at 6:30 PM at a campfire area at the rear of the Lodge. People from Africa tell stories of their living in Africa, as well as sharing traditional "bedtime" tales. We loved it.

I should add, it usually lasts about 30 to 60 minutes, so it's not an all evening thing.

Katherine

Here are a few suggestions:
-Go over to boardwalk and rent a 4 person bike and just bike around the boardwalk really fun then stay for dessert at Beaches and Creams
-I've never done it but I think Fantasia golf would be fun
-Just go over to anyother hotel and wander around really fun! You get to see what else is out there.

I can't think of anything else right now. Hope this helps!:wave:

kennyj29

Miniature Golf

We love the miniature golf courses there. We like the Summer/Winter course at Blizzard Beach. We also love to go hotel hopping. Just take in all the properties there. Have a coffee and Kona, Just sit by the fireplace to WL, etc. Do a couple a night it's so much fun. I know you don't like PI but did you go to the shopping area at night? We love that also. They have movie theaters also at Downtown disney if you would like to take in a movie and the Cirque de Solie show is awesome. Contemporary hotel has a huge arcade that we like to do also. The boardwalk is fun to walk at night at the Boardwalk. I'm sure there is stuff I'm missing but I can't think of all the things we do right now. :)

CAPTAIN HOOK

DownTown Disney will occupy your evenings for a little while :-
the shops,
the cinema,
Cirque Du Soleil.
Disney Quest,
Going off property will offer more :-
the many malls,
International Drive,
Pointe Orlando,
Downtown Orlando - Church Street Station.
Hope you find something to do

figmentmom

My husband and kids are not late-night park-goers, so I've always had to organize evening activities. You didn't mention where you're staying, but if it happens to be at Port Orleans, you can take the boat ride at night to Downtown Disney (assuming it's running). It's a great, relaxing ride, and Downtown Disney has lots to offer for amusement.

If your family enjoys going out for dinner, you can make a point of trying different on-property restaurants - not just the ones in Downtown Disney, but the different restaurants at the resorts. If you eat fairly late (7:30 or so), it's an evening's entertainment right there! While you're at the various resorts, take the opportunity to explore - walk around the grounds, soak up the different atmospheres!

We never enjoyed going off-property, either, so I don't blame you there - battling traffic is NOT my idea of a vacation! :lol:

2much2do

Along with all the other wonderful suggestions, I wanted to add two things.
First, remember that Epcot and all it's fantastic restaurants are open until 9PM. You can easily eat every dinner at Epcot when the other parks close.
Second, just in case you didn't know, when the parks (let's say MK) close at 7pm that means the sit down restaurants (such as Liberty Tree) seat their final guests of the evening around that tine. The characters are there till much later (8:30 usually). So, you can book the final PS of the night at the restuarant of your choice in the park (the Studios as well) and when everyone else is leaving, you are just sitting down to dinner. By the time your dinner is over, the park will be empty and yu can stroll down Main Street all lit up and pretty, take pictures, maybe a shop or two will still be open, and you won't even feel gypped out of your two hours:)

Sherm00

Fort wilderness also used to have a campfire and movie. I don't know if they still do, but chip and dale usually show up and they play a disney movie outside by the campfire. is really nice.

crazygirley

If you will have a car, I highly reccomend going off-property on some nights. Even if you only go onto 192, you will find a ton to do. You could spend a night walking around in Celebration, you could shop at Old Town, or you could eat out at one of the million resturaunts on 192. If you venture out even more, there are ton's of malls and outlets to shop at. There is Pointe Orlando and the Mercado on International, the Belz outlets off of International and Kirkman, there is the Florida Mall on Orange Blossom Trail and John Young Pkwy. There is the new Mall at Millenia on Conroy, just past the Florida Turnpike and just off of I-4. Then there is my favorite...The Orlando Premium Outlets, they are off of Vineland. These places are all so very easy to find, and you can email me for directions if you want. If you prefer to stay on property, your best bets may be Fantasia and Winter Summerland mini golf, Boardwalk, Downtown Disney, Disney Qwest, and a personal favorite, exploring the different resorts and then eating at a resturaunt at them. Anyways, have fun!

EchoOfOphelia

We always go in February when park hours are shorter anyways, so in the evenings we usually go out to dinner on the property and then hit Downtown Disney, usually the Marketplace. Then sometimes we just stay at our resort and walk around. There's plenty of stuff to do. Though for 15 nights you may get a little bored with it :lol: Have fun!

If staying at the Boardwalk and you like a good ole singalong and wanna see some good entertainment, then why not go to Jellyrolls on a Tuesday night? It's CM night, $10 entry, is usually busy and it's a buck for a bud pony. It doesn't matter if you don't want to stay late. Enjoy your vacation anyhow!

MillVillDavid
(Ambassador of the month Oct 2000)

DisneyPhD

Some very good ideas. My fav is to jump on the monrail and check out those resorts. Wacth the Water parade from Poly, have a good meal at one of the many restants. Go back to your resort and hang out at pool or hot tub. Take a walk and explore. Each resort has it own beauty. Go see Animal Kingdom Logde. If you need to get from one resort to another after most parks close, take the bus to DD and then to that resort. You can get home the same way.

Dinner shows are also a good option.

Get a good nights rest to get up early the next day.

Wacth the fire works at Epcot and then hang out at the board walk or Y&B.

surfsupdon

When we went during slashed hours, we simply went to bed at a normal time. Usually, we stay out till 11 or 12 at the parks, go back to the Resort sleep, and awake at 6 for Early Entry. The one year we went, I thjink it was Easter time 25 Magical Years, Early Entry started at 730 b/c of maximum crowds and E-Ride Nights went till 2 or 3 in the morning. It was nuts, but an experience nonetheless.

So, I suggest you go to bed at a decent time so you can awake and be the firsdt at the parks feeling refreshed. This last trip we went on was the first time we were relaxed and fresh at the Disney Parks b/c we got sleep. No one was mean or grumpy. I did not think I'd like going to bed early, but I did and it had made all the difference on our last trip. It's wierd when I think about it now, but it def. rocked! When we went, the parks opened until 930 usually, so bedtime was 11ish. Not bad at all!

RAZORBRAD

There is plenty of stuff at DownTown Disney to keep ya busy for a couple nights at least. Pleasure Island is fun, but a little to much for me too.

RU42

There are a lot of things you can do:

1. Downtown Disney (as had been mentioned)

2. Explore the other hotels. Disney does a great job of themeing. Visit one resort each night. Walk around, explore, enjoy the themeing.

3. Relax. A nice evening swim or just kick the feet up in the room or hotel lobby and people watch.

4. Lots of evening shows (Luau, Ft Wilderness, etc.)

5. Get a guide book and look for something you have never seen or done on property and visit it.

RU

DisneyPhD

I forgot, Dancing at Atlantic Dance on the Boardwalk (much nicer then PI,) They used to have free swing dancing lessons a few years ago. DVC gets free entery, otherwise I think it is 5$. When were there last week the sign said no entry fee. :cry:

Also Jelly rolls right next door. Don't forget Shopping!!!!!!

What to do after hours

civileng68:
Are you an annual passholder - It looks as though you might be there the same time as my grandson and myself. On March 14 - 16 at MGM one hour after Disney MGM closes - it will reopen for annual passholders only for special Twilight Zone Tower of Terror and Rock 'n' Roller Coaster night. Both of these rides will be available to ride. In addition, you will be able to purchase food and passholder merchandise. You can find this information on the INTERCOT Web page.
http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/tickets/annualpass.asp

civileng68

Account Suspended
Original Poster
my dates

Actually im going from March 22-April 06.

Unfortunately MGM does not have any other of those after hours nights scheduled other than that week (which makes no sense).

I am an annual pass holder.

We're staying at CBR. Someone mentione going to a resort and catching a boat to DD. If Im not staying at that resort can I use that boat?

Also, I noticed that some resorts seem to have water shuttle to Epcot through the International gate. I am staying at CBR but can I still catch that same shuttle and go to that particular resort that the shuttle service is for and then go from there back to CBR? Or, would I have to be staying at that particular resort?

Someone mentioned mini golf at Blizzard Beach? I did not know of that.

AS an AP holder do I get 10% off of disney sit down restaurants? I have not actually gotten my pass yet, I'll be getting it next weekend.

It's a shame the parks are closing early like this during a "peak" time. That really shows you the trouble they're in.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom