With Disneyland Paris announcing the closure date and re-theme of Rock N Roller Coaster, is WDW next?

SoupBone

Original Poster
Paris re-theme is using Iron Man and the Avengers which cant be used in WDW, so I dont thonk this change will have any influence on the one at DHS.

Yeah I saw that, and admittedly don't know much about the legal side of the Fox acquisition, but I wonder if the Simpsons IP might play a part in getting more characters to WDW.

I know rumors about Rock N have surfaced with nothing concrete, but watching Paris get reskinned, I wonder if it's only a matter of time now.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Yeah I saw that, and admittedly don't know much about the legal side of the Fox acquisition, but I wonder if the Simpsons IP might play a part in getting more characters to WDW.

I know rumors about Rock N have surfaced with nothing concrete, but watching Paris get reskinned, I wonder if it's only a matter of time now.

I'm sure one of the insiders know, but pretty sure the Simpsons is tied to Universal at the moment.

BrianLo

These things don't always happen (following suit of another park), but considering how popular Marvel products have become, any rumors about WDW considering something similar?

Technically speaking WDW needs to close down Tower of Terror, Buzz Lightyear, Star Tours, Autotopia, It’s Tough to be a Bug AND Rock N Roller coaster now because of Marvel installations worldwide.

Which is a short way of saying Marvel is being handled very differently at each resort. We actually can’t jump to a conclusion based on what the other parks are doing with that property. It’s overtly/purposefully being done differently.

UpAllNight

Another version of the incredicoaster would be my guess, if anything.

I actually think the concept is ok as is though...but for the price of an off the shelf Vekoma the thing should be ripped apart and remade as it’s incredibly rough for a relatively tame coaster. This would cost peanuts for a company like Disney...but I suspect capacity issues will shut this idea down.

SoupBone

Original Poster
Another version of the incredicoaster would be my guess, if anything.

I actually think the concept is ok as is though...but for the price of an off the shelf Vekoma the thing should be ripped apart and remade as it’s incredibly rough for a relatively tame coaster. This would cost peanuts for a company like Disney...but I suspect capacity issues will shut this idea down.

I forgot this (being a generic Vekoma). There's a video somewhere of an open air version right?

NobodyElse

I forgot this (being a generic Vekoma). There's a video somewhere of an open air version right?

Superman: The Ride.

ryguy

I just came back from Disneyland Paris shocked at how terrible the Studios were over there. Rock n Roller Coaster was pretty sorry compared to Orlando studios version. I did love their Big Thunder and Space Mountain Compared to ours. Pirates was cool too. And the Indy coaster would be a great add to somewhere at WDW.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I just came back from Disneyland Paris shocked at how terrible the Studios were over there. Rock n Roller Coaster was pretty sorry compared to Orlando studios version. I did love their Big Thunder and Space Mountain Compared to ours. Pirates was cool too. And the Indy coaster would be a great add to somewhere at WDW.

It doesn't help that many things are closed, but still, WDSP is pretty uninspiring, isn't it? RnRC wasn't bad, but I prefer the Florida version.

I'm not expecting RnRC to get a new theme anytime soon, but it will get a movie IP inevitably, I'm afraid.

SirWillow

These things don't always happen (following suit of another park), but considering how popular Marvel products have become, any rumors about WDW considering something similar?

They are almost going to have to replace Aerosmith at some point in the future, either near or not to terribly distant. They can't do Marvel like they are doing in Paris due to the licensing with Universal, but I wouldn't be surprised if they come up with some other sort of rock music theme for it. Something that might not be focused on just one band. But that's only a guess

you sure wouldn't know that it's that much of a convoluted mess of track inside the building from riding it, would you? lol

SirWillow

It doesn't help that many things are closed, but still, WDSP is pretty uninspiring, isn't it? RnRC wasn't bad, but I prefer the Florida version.

I'm curious as to what difference you found since they're practically identical, even down to the preshow. I found the Paris version slightly rougher, but there really isn't any difference in the rides.

I actually really enjoyed WDSP, though it was pretty small for a Disney Park. They're already working on a big time change to that with all of the additions coming- Frozen, Star Wars and Marvel. It should match up much better after that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom