Witch Deluxe resort w/ kids?

ConNH

Which Deluxe resort w/ kids?

Were going to WDW for 12 days at the end of September.
We have the opportunity to stay @ a deluxe resort the last four nights. I have two boys 4 and 8 months so I thought the AKL... but Im not sure Poly sounds cool too and WL...? Anyone have any suggestions?

instidude

I have gone with my kids three times now, and their ages are 4 and 2, and we always stay at the Contemporary, in the tower. Why did we choose that? you may ask. Well, for me, it was where I stayed in the early 70's when I visted the magic Kingdom for the first time, so i didn't even think about anyplace else. However, both my kids love it. In the tower they can look down the Grand Canyon Concourse and see the characters at Chef Mickey's, look out and see the Magic Kingdom (and fireworks), and we always have to stop and watch the monorail run through the resort. My sone loves the arcade, and the food & fun center is great for the kids (plus they play Disney cartoons/tv on the television. The elevators also talk to you in character voices to tell you what floor you're on.

Besides all of this, the monorail is right in the hotel, and we can get to the MK in a 10 minute walk, which works out great when the kids are ready to nap (put them in the stroller, and walk slowly, they are usually out in 2 minutes). The place is much more kid-friendly than most people would imagine, and I know my son loves it! (so do I for that matter, but I'm just a big kid anyway)

Upvote 0

brian_gaudio

I strongly recomend Disney's Yacht Club Resort. The Themeing is great and my brother and I have loved it all 15 times we've been there. It's pool is practically a water park with 2 waterslides and a very cool kids pool. The pool is sand-bottomed so its like your at the beach. The kid pool has a sand peninsula in the middle and the waterslides are built in to a life size pirate ship. I Highly recomend the Yacht Club or its sister resort the Beach Club. The Polynesian and Animal Kingdom Lodge are awesome too.:D

Only 5 days to go!!:D :sohappy:

Upvote 0

all_good_chic

I would say beach club( or yacht club). I know it isn't your first choice but i recomend you consider it. I grew up going to that hotel and loved every moment of it. The pool is one if not the best at WDW with an amazing kiddie pool. 5 min walk to epcot or a quick boat ride to MGM. It has a little bit of everything for kids and adults and is in the middle of everything so there is always something to do. Its an excellent resort and so are all the others, good luck in making a choice:)

Upvote 0

Erika

DisneyInsider,

I know you have said before that "Poly" is considered offensive. Can you explain further? If it's something you'd rather not post I can understand that. But my curiosity is really getting the better of me!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom