• Yes

Votes: 645 81.5%
  • No

Votes: 81 10.2%
  • Undecided

Votes: 65 8.2%

• Total voters

FigmentForver96

Not sure how one could complain about the pyro.

Did you see the dragonfly?! The Moana swirl?!

I'm in awe. I think it flowed as well as Wishes. You have silences in both to "cleanse the palate" (and the sky) as it were. They grouped characters into a handful of thematic units (e.g. Friendship, love, danger, heroism, and conclude with guests being encouraged to chase their happily ever after). I thought the story was clear.
Same, it seems like an easy story to grasp to. Not sure why this has to be BETTER then Wishes either. Magic Kingdom has a long line of fantastic nighttime entertainment, this was just added into the family.

disney4life2008

Not really sure how anyone can say they are short on pyro but OK ...

Stunning show. Loved it. Fantastic. Really well done. Can't wait to see it in person. Got teary a few times, so I don't know how some can't like it, but to each their own. Wishes was a really great show but this is different and spectacular IMO.

I do understand how some say there's not much of a flow but I still loved it.

Teary eyed from what? Im confused.

JAtheFourth

I thought it was great, I'll miss Wishes, but things need to evolve and move on.

I wanted to shoot whoever was cutting from camera to camera.... Disney is the owners of the park... if they wanted to stick a camera directly in the middle of the hub to get a better shot they could. So stop with the zoom cameras from the train station, the off center angles, the focus on the projection to the detriment of the fireworks.... Lock a shot on center, and when it's thematically appropriate cut to a different camera, otherwise give a nice center shot with room to see fireworks.

Also, I really want a poster of the castle with all of the character portraits and fireworks in the background. I'll be there later this year, and I think that'll be my goal to get that shot.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
I wonder how people enjoyed the show on the other side of the castle? Oh no wait they missed Most of the show because it's only good from the front.

Scor1pion

Had to watch the live stream. Didn't care for the first half, just didn't seem to flow....the last half was pretty good. Looks like there was more pyro, the tech behind everything is incredible, but a lot of it seemed to be out of place and done just because they could.

Maybe in person I will like it better, 9 more weeks and I'll be there.

tommyh88

Personally, I thought it was phenomenal. Characters interspersed among each other, great projections, impressive pyro. I thought the story flowed well, especially with the quotes from the films giving an interlude into the next segment.

The overall message about finding that "Happily Ever After" was abundantly clear with each song choice and narration, I think some of you are a bit too hard to please or just aren't looking deep enough into it. Started with a segment of longing for/determination, a segment of friend's, then love, some adversity, then encouraging us viewers...I love it.

And the new renditions of the songs were perfection. "Love is an Open Door" made me appreciate Frozen again, both Tarzan songs were great, "Go the Distance" was perfect, as was the Genie. And..."OUT THERE!!" Wow! And a snippet of "Be Prepared." Kudos to Disney!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom