Wishes Replacement?

bryan

Original Poster
I know this couldnt possibly be true, but Ive heard from other CMs that they were told that Wishes would be replaced starting in May with a new show that has vocals by LeAnn Rimes.

Of course, i defended Wishes becuase i couldnt possibly see Disney doing anything nearly as stupid as that... but I just wanted to know if anyone heard of such a thing. Or if anyone heard of anything pertaining to LeAnn Rimes ... maybe these CMs are confused (After all, they dont know too much about the company they work for - typical CP looking for a 7 month party, i suppose)

Anyways ... dont flame me for this post, as Ive said ... I believe it to be a couple of misinformed CMs, but wanted to know about Rimes

GymLeaderPhil

LeeAnn Rimes is the singer for the Happiest Homecoming on Earth theme song, whatever that is called exactly (something with dreams/magic/fantasy in the title no doubt). Perhaps there might be a short tag that is included before or after Wishes itself, but Wishes isn't going anywhere for quite some time.

DLP Fan

The song is called 'Remember When' and will be included on a new cd, 'The Official Album of Disneyland's 50th Anniversary' which is out on may 3rd.

P1-1006.jpg

(c) Disney

VintageKid21

CP's a Party?!?

Yes, the song ("Remember When") will be recorded and released in conjunction of Disneyland's new firework show "Remember...Dreams Come True."

Now on another tone...to Bryan on the comment about a "typical CP looking for a 7 month party"...sorry, took offense. For me and all of my friends it was a dream come true to finally work at the Walt Disney World Resort to work in minimum wage and below par positions. We made it thru the entire 7 months no matter how much the full timers made our lives a living h*ll, and with us having more of an education than most of them every will. Yes, there are some that go down to have a good time and not care about it, but do not make a comment like that about the "typical" CP. I will be back down there this summer for my first summer college program and it's been almost 2 years and I cannot wait to spread the Disney Magic once more.

Disneyfan1981

Whew....I got scared when I read this. I love WISHES, and I hope its around for a while, I think its the best fireworks show between both DL and WDW although DL's hasn't really had a great one for while IMO....

bryan

Original Poster
VintageKid21 said:
Now on another tone...to Bryan on the comment about a "typical CP looking for a 7 month party"...sorry, took offense. For me and all of my friends it was a dream come true to finally work at the Walt Disney World Resort to work in minimum wage and below par positions. We made it thru the entire 7 months no matter how much the full timers made our lives a living h*ll, and with us having more of an education than most of them every will. Yes, there are some that go down to have a good time and not care about it, but do not make a comment like that about the "typical" CP. I will be back down there this summer for my first summer college program and it's been almost 2 years and I cannot wait to spread the Disney Magic once more.

Oh, dont take offense! Most CPs just come here becuase they think that its a cake walk, and dont know anything about Disney. I say this because Im a CP right now! I love the Disney company, and Walt Disney is my idol heh... When I talk to some of the people down here, it amazes me how much they dont know. Heck, Ive spoken some CPs that still think they are working at "Disneyland". Anyways, you might not be the typical CP so that comment I made doesnt pertain to you, sorry if you took it the wrong way though.

Thanks to everyone for clearing that up for me. Wishes is my favorite score now. Used to be Illuminations: Reflections of Earth ... Then it was Fantasmic .. Now its Wishes. But SpectroMagic will always have its own place in my heart lol

se8472

bryan said:
Oh, dont take offense! Most CPs just come here becuase they think that its a cake walk, and dont know anything about Disney. When I talk to some of the people down here, it amazes me how much they dont know. Heck, Ive spoken some CPs that still think they are working at "Disneyland".

That is odd, I never head anyone even remotely say something like that....

I too take offense to your orignal post.

bryan

Original Poster
Well its not like I am making that up... But from talking to alot of CPs, I get the idea that most of them just come here because it would be a break from working and going to school, and they dont know too much about Disney - the company or its mission. I have no reason to make this up heh... and im not saying this second hand ... Ive actually heard more than one person refer to WDW as Disneyland, and on more than one occasion. Personally, I love this company and I dont know everything, but I would say I know alot more than most people (maybe not most ppl on these boards hehe) and comming down here to work with this company was a golden opportunity for me - not just a break from school and\or work. Ive actually been told by sombody that they hate Disney and just came here because they wanted to get away from home for a while. The sad thing is.. I havent met many CPs who share the same love for Disney as everyone here on these boards do.

FamilyMan

Account Suspended
No, it's only for Disneyland right now. It will include the Disneyland Parade and Fireworks soundtracks... hence it would make no sense for it to be in WDW.

wdwfan22

FamilyMan said:
No, it's only for Disneyland right now. It will include the Disneyland Parade and Fireworks soundtracks... hence it would make no sense for it to be in WDW.

Actually the Cd will be released nation wide, hence making it available at Walt Disney World.

FamilyMan

Account Suspended
You know that for a fact? I've heard nothing that says it will be released in WDW. It would be kinda odd to have the Disneyland Parade and Fireworks on a CD that's being sold in WDW...

peter11435

FamilyMan said:
You know that for a fact? I've heard nothing that says it will be released in WDW. It would be kinda odd to have the Disneyland Parade and Fireworks on a CD that's being sold in WDW...
They have done that many times before. They used to always have an official album of Disneyland/Walt Disney World. Lately however they have always had separate albums.

boo52

wdwfan22 said:
Actually the Cd will be released nation wide, hence making it available at Walt Disney World.
I can vouch that this is true. The Official Album and Parade and Fireworks CD release date is May 5th nationwide. The Disneyland Box Set will only be availible at Disneyland until sometime in October when it too will be availible nationwide.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom